Defensive Carry banner

Thinking about trying velcro clips.

955 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ev239 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about having velcro clips put on my K&D Dakota Defenders that I have on order. What's everyone's experience with them? I want maximum concealment with adequate support. They will be holding a PM9 and an Ultra CDP II. Is it hard to string your belt through past the velcro? Can I retro my 1.25" Beltman belt easily for them? I'd rather not stitch it and was thinking some sort of adhesive would work. Do they make your belt stick out too much by having the clip behind the belt?

Thanks for any input. :smoke23:

#4 ·
I like mine. The hard side of the velcro might get embedded with lint - just clean out. The adhesive may eventually give way - but easy enough to replace or have sewn directly to the belt. Really if your shirt is untucked, there is no need for them - but I like them because it stays a bit more concealed.

#5 ·
I want maximum concealment with adequate support. They will be holding a PM9 and an Ultra CDP II. Is it hard to string your belt through past the velcro? Can I retro my 1.25" Beltman belt easily for them? :smoke23:
Ok, I'll speak up as someone with some personal experience with v-clips. I like them, a lot! Since you mentioned maximum concealment, then I'd say get them, they are easy enough to switch out if you decide maximum isn't necessary. I have both v-clips from Comp-tac & from Crossbreed and they both work, though Crossbreed's are thinner, but Comp-tac's don't push the belt out much at all. They are both definitely much more stealth than the standard clips that everyone raves about. The v-clips give you much more than adequate support. It doesn't shift at all once you get it attached. I use mine with both a Sig P239 & a S&W 469 (not at the same time) about 2 lbs of gun so your pistols should be supported just fine. I used to have a non-gun belt that I used and had velcro stitched inside, but it was wearing pretty badly so I got an actual gun belt from Crossbreed and had him line it with velcro. It's a world of difference. You can use the adhesive velcro if you don't want to line your whole belt, but I suggest you follow Comp-tac's instructions about attaching it to the belt. You have to let the adhesive fully adhere.

Anyways, that's my take on them. Velcro's neat stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.