Looking for an IWB holster for g27 But....

This is a discussion on Looking for an IWB holster for g27 But.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; it must have some from of retention strap. Any thoughts???...

Thread: Looking for an IWB holster for g27 But....

it must have some from of retention strap. Any thoughts???

Desantis inner peace IWB Andrews leather McDaniel II and I believe don hume makes an IWB rig also that offers a thumb break.

Quote Originally Posted by pdashnut12 View Post
    it must have some from of retention strap.
    Is there a reason why???
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pdashnut12
    it must have some from of retention strap.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Is there a reason why???
    +1

I also have a Glock 27 and I would not buy a holster with a retention strap since the flap could get caught inside the trigger guard while holstering and cause the gun to accidentally discharge if the safe action trigger is actuated. I would rather recommend a holster with a retention screw and the tension can be adjusted. I bought a IWB cantable and tuckable Kydex holster from FIST. Just my .02 cents!
    Freedom isn't free! Don't ever take it forgranted!

it must have some from of retention strap. Any thoughts???
    In my opinion, you're barking up the wrong tree. I do however wish you luck in your quest.

+1 on the retention strap and Glock trigger...potential problem...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Is there a reason why???
    My department requires off duty weapon holsters to have some form of retention. I was interested in a iwb holster if I could find one with it.

VIP Member
    Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket?

3S *Pistol Pocket®
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

K&D Holsters. Their Dakota Defender is an incredibly comfortable, well made, durable and stable rig which can be provided with a thumb break retention strap.

K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories

It is also tuckable should you wish to do so.

I would go with the K&D like Musketeer said. I personally have a Minataur from CompTac which is very similar, but is not provided with retention straps.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    My department requires off duty weapon holsters to have some form of retention. I was interested in a iwb holster if I could find one with it.
    If it was a tuckable, wouldn't that essentially count as a form of retention? Maybe I'm just splitting hairs. Requiring retention on the holster but how do you force someone to use it; if it were a retention strap, isn't useful if a person didn't engage it. Straps or snaps would be dangerous in the case of a Glock. The model with the adjustable tension screw sounds like the best way to go. I've seen those things adjusted where you almost need two hands to get it out of the holster.

I have a retention strap on my minimalist OWB. When I'm wearing it, the strap is folded back and trapped between my belt and the holster. If I have to remove the rig, I use the strap to keep the gun from coming out of the holster and ensure trigger protection.
    Last edited by tinkerinWstuff; July 22nd, 2008 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added 2nd paragraph
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

My department requires off duty weapon holsters to have some form of retention.

If that only means a thumb break then that's a ridiculous policy. All duty and off duty holsters in my department are approved by me (Supervising Firearms Instructor) who has knowledge of what a decent holster is; not my administration, who is clueless. All on duty holsters must have a retention level.

Without even going into the fact that a concealed holster is the best security level, a quality IWB does not require a thumb break since it's held in place by your belt and form fitting molding (leather or kydex).

Be the change that you want to see in your department and submit for a change of policy along with a good example of an IWB as show and tell. I bet Comp_tac would send you a T&E MTAC. If your Firearms Instructors aren't on board with that then they're behind the times.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

TDC
    A quality holster with thumb break will have a thumb break large enough to not fit inside the trigger guard.

On another note, could you carry without a thumb break as a "citizen" not an off duty LEO??

TDC

Sponsored Links