Comptac,Fobus or Galco paddle holster?

This is a discussion on Comptac,Fobus or Galco paddle holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here have experience with comptac's paddle holsters? If so how do you like this rig? Does it ride closer to the body then say ...

Thread: Comptac,Fobus or Galco paddle holster?

Anyone here have experience with comptac's paddle holsters? If so how do you like this rig? Does it ride closer to the body then say a fobus or galco's "concealed carry" paddle rig?

I have one and it does ride closer than the fobus I have. It is actually very well made and I had it in 3 days.

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    I have another CompTac (C-TAC, I believe) and it's fast.

I have and use all three. The Galco leather paddle is almost unsatisfactory. It rides too high and the gun tends to torque out from the body. I prefer the Fobus to it.

The Fobus is not a bad holster in my view, and I have used several for different guns for about 10 years with satisfaction. The latest ones have an adjustment screw which helps. I recently bought one for my KT P3AT.

I prefer the Comp-Tac as it is made better, but in my experience it does not ride closer to my body than the Fobus.

My ranking would be Comp_Tac, Fobus, and then Galco.

Regards,
    Jerry

comp-tac for sure: tight ride - very stable, the paddle engages at both extremities and not just once in the middle like fobus, no rocking - adjustable tension to produce superb draw/reholster - excellent design and craftmanship - nice company to do business with also, great website, communication by email at each stage

Comp-Tac

I have two Comp-Tac paddle holsters and a CTAC. The paddle holsters are excellent and do carry close. If you tell Comp-Tac you plan to use the paddle for CCW they will form the holster as close as possible. Of course no paddle or belt holster is as close to the body as an IWB like the CTAC. Also paddle and belt holsters ride higher than IWB holsters. I am so use to IWB holsters that I often shoot IDPA stages wearing IWB holsters. My hand now seems to expect the pistol to be lower. When I wear a paddle holster at the range I am surprised the pistol is higher. I agree that paddle and OWB belt holsters are more comfortable to wear. Okay I am through rambling.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I might add that when carrying any paddle holster all day, the hard kydex paddle gets uncomfortable late in the day. I guess most do not find that so, but I do.

The paddle is great for on/off, but for all day wear I prefer leather, usually OWB.

I recently got a Brommeland Def-Con for my SA Compact from Coal Creek. This is not meant to be criticism, but boy has the price increased. I paid 139.99 plus shipping a few weeks ago, and it is now $189.99.
    CCA knows what they have to charge to make a profit, and I have no problem with that, but just making a comment. The Def-Con is my favorite OWB holster, and am glad I bought this last one before the price increase.

Regards,
    Jerry

Comp Tac is a good holster, I'm happy with it. Had a Fobus, well if you can't say anything nice..... no comment.

Links