Defensive Carry banner

Comp-Tac C-Tac vs. Comp-Tac Gurkha vs. Milt Sparks VMII?

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  fishhunter828 
#1 ·
What holster would be better for concealed carry? The Comp-Tac C-Tac, Comp-Tac Gurkha, or the Milt Sparks VMII? Or is there a better holster altogether? :confused:

#2 ·
IWB Holsters

I have a CTAC holster and a Crossbreed holster. I like them both. I carry a XD9sc in the CTAC and a Hi-Power in the Crossbreed. Both holsters work very well. I do like the way the Crossbreed wraps around, I think it supports the heavy Hi-Power more comfortably than a CTAC holster. Pure speculation on my part because I don't have both holsters for each pistol.

-- Richard

#4 ·
Are the clips on the C-Tac as fragile and likely to break as they say they are?

#5 ·
I've carried with the Gurkha and the C-Tac; I like the C-tac the best - but that's just a personal opinion.

I have also had one clip break after a few years of daily use. I purchased two new clips which, I'm told have been redesigned, tested for more severe use and should last longer than the old style.

I've never carried with a Milt Sparks IWB, but I do have an OWB 55BN - it's a great holster too.

#6 ·
IWB Holsters

The older wider clips on the CTAC did bend or fracture easier. I ordered a new pair in January. They are thinner and have four holes instead of three. The new clips are more adjustable and seem stronger to me. I think they will stand up to more use. I have two paddle holsters and a CTAC from Comp-Tac. They are very well made holsters.

-- Richard

#7 ·
The older wider clips on the CTAC did bend or fracture easier. I ordered a new pair in January. They are thinner and have four holes instead of three. The new clips are more adjustable and seem stronger to me. I think they will stand up to more use. I have two paddle holsters and a CTAC from Comp-Tac. They are very well made holsters.

-- Richard
What do you think of the "C" and "V" clips?

#8 ·
C or V clips

I have never tried either the C or V clips. If you do a search I think you will find people who have tried both. I have discovered that with a black belt, and some cell phone positioning the regular clips can be made to go away. I would hate to give up the easy on and off of the regular clips.

-- Richard

#9 ·
I have never tried either the C or V clips. If you do a search I think you will find people who have tried both. I have discovered that with a black belt, and some cell phone positioning the regular clips can be made to go away. I would hate to give up the easy on and off of the regular clips.

-- Richard
How well does it conceal? Are you able to tuck your shirt in with it? Can you adjust how high the gun rides on you?

#11 ·
I personally do not like the new Comptac clips that they are using. They look like big cheap popsicle sticks and appear flimsy looking. Could these really be a cost savings short cut??. It looks like another maker (K&D) who used the same old ones switch to the popsickle stick style. I tried the newer ones on a K&D rig and did not like them. I have never had a problem with the older ones and I am no physics major but the old ones look like they have more surface area and would provide better stability and support on the belt. If they were made with a new material, why not have them made using the same material into the old version clips?

oops do not mean to thread jack..back to the original question...I think there is no BEST holster out there. Everyone has different personal tastes and body shapes. What someone says is best may not be best for you. Many people seem to think the VM2 is the best holster out there but I found it thick and bulky compared to others. The CTAC is hard to beat especially when they can be on your waist in a few days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.