M-tac vs. C-tac

This is a discussion on M-tac vs. C-tac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What are the main differences between the M-tac and the C-tac while wearing it? I have been looking to buy the M-tac, but a very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-tac vs. C-tac

M-tac vs. C-tac

What are the main differences between the M-tac and the C-tac while wearing it?

I have been looking to buy the M-tac, but a very nice forum member, REDRICK, called them for me. They told him that they don't make the M-tac for a SIG Sauer 225.

That leaves me with the C-tac. I live in Sweden and they don't sell it here, Therefor I can't try it on. I would like to hear your opinion.

What are your thought of the C-tac?
    Have you been able to compare it to the M-tac?
    Do you like the C-tac?

2. Remove Ads

I can't speak for the M-tac but I do own 3 C-tac holsters that I bought for 3 different handguns. If you like Kydex holsters I think you will be pleased with the C-tac. The fit is excellent for all 3 of my guns and they are comfortable for me to carry. So, to answer part of your question, Yes, I do like the C-tac.

I own both of them. Both are wonderful holsters.
    I wear the MTAC more often because in the heat of the southeast American summers I will most often only wear a light cover shirt (tee shirt, polo, etc.). The leather back of the MTAC is considerably more comfortable.

In cooler weather, or whenever I wear an undershirt, I'll use my CTAC.

I have worn the CTAC all day in the hot, summer months and it will work, but the MTAC is just more comfortable aginst bare skin.

I have heard of one of our fourm members(can't remember who right this second) putting moleskin on the backside of his CTAC and saying that made it much more comfortable to wear, however, I have yet to try this.

I like both holsters and both have thier place. If I only had a CTAC, I would be very happy..........but having both is better.

Comp-Tac makes the CTAC for the Sig 225, but not the MTAC? Intresting.

A bit of advice, order extra clips. They will last, but after time they will wear out and possiably break. Having a few extra on hand is a good idea just in case.
    Last edited by goldshellback; July 22nd, 2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: add to
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Comp-Tac makes the CTAC for the Sig 225, but not the MTAC? Intresting.

A bit of advice, order extra clips. They will last, but after time they will wear out and possiably break. Having a few extra on hand is a good idea just in case.
    Yes, I think it's strange that they don't make M-tac for 225 when they have it on the C-tac.

Thanks for the advice on the clips.
    Last edited by Sig sauer; July 22nd, 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Senior Moderator
    I find the C-TAC to be quite comfortable, and the M-TAC to be even more comfortable.

You can't go wrong with either, IMHO.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member
    I was glad that I could help. Have you looked at Crossbreed or Tucker
    Gunleather they have a similar holster and I think Tucker makes one for your pistol. The only thing that I do not like about the Crossbreed and Tucker is that the Kydex does not cover the whole barrel. If you need me to make any calls for you just let me know, I am glad to
    help, many members here have helped me.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    I have been looking to buy the M-tac, but a very nice forum member, REDRICK, called them for me. They told him that they don't make the M-tac for a SIG Sauer 225.
    Actually, my P225 fits very well into my M-Tac with a P239 body on it. Since Comp-Tac has pretty good return service, you could try out that combo and then return it for a C-Tac if it doesn't work for you.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    I was glad that I could help. Have you looked at Crossbreed or Tucker
    Gunleather they have a similar holster and I think Tucker makes one for your pistol. The only thing that I do not like about the Crossbreed and Tucker is that the Kydex does not cover the whole barrel. If you need me to make any calls for you just let me know, I am glad to
    help, many members here have helped me.
    I really appreciate you took the time to make that call for me!

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Actually, my P225 fits very well into my M-Tac with a P239 body on it. Since Comp-Tac has pretty good return service, you could try out that combo and then return it for a C-Tac if it doesn't work for you.
    The problem is that I live in Sweden. It will be kind of expensive to return it and have another one sent.

How is your fit with the 225 in the 239 holster. Does it work or is it like a glove?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig sauer View Post
    The problem is that I live in Sweden.
    Ah, yes; yes you do... Sorry I missed that.

How is your fit with the 225 in the 239 holster. Does it work or is it like a glove?
    I will try them both again so I can give you an accurate description of the fit.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Just FYI: The new C-TAC clips are way sturdier than the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    I will try them both again so I can give you an accurate description of the fit.
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

Okay, after trying them both in the MTAC several times, I think the fit is almost identical. Honestly.

The P6 has a longer barrel, but a shorter dust cover, so the distance from the groove at the front of the slide to the front-strap is just about the same. The different shaped trigger guard seems to make no difference whatsoever. The P239 MTAC covers the slide and trigger of the P6 just fine. The P6 muzzle may sit a little lower in the kydex, but there is still at least 1/8"--1/4" space inside the holster at the bottom.

Because the MTAC is only half kydex, the retention ability comes from your belt (that is, no MTAC is going to hold a gun upside down when it isn't on you) pressing the leather into the gun, and that works fine on both weapons.

So, after swapping the guns about a half dozen times and looking at them closely, I think if somebody blind-folded me and handed me the rig I wouldn't be able to tell which gun was in it.

I also have a basic Galco OWB molded for a P239, and I can tell you that holster does fit the P6 like a glove, so they really are very similar shapes.

I hope this helps!

My MTAC holds my guns up side down... As long as it just gets turned upside down. If I try to make it fall out I can...

I feel your pain... They don't make the MTAC for the PT140 (wife's carry gun)either... And the wife want one bad!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4ZRC View Post
    My MTAC holds my guns up side down... As long as it just gets turned upside down. If I try to make it fall out I can...
    Huh. Which gun? That seems a little tighter than mine for either the P220 or the P239. At any rate, they hold just fine inside a belt.

Here's some pictures of my P6 inside the P239 MTAC.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links