I'm getting a K&D Cochise Defender

This is a discussion on I'm getting a K&D Cochise Defender within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm ordering a K&D Cochise Defender for my revolver. Does anybody know how long it'll take to get it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting a K&D Cochise Defender

Question I'm getting a K&D Cochise Defender

I'm ordering a K&D Cochise Defender for my revolver. Does anybody know how long it'll take to get it?

2. Remove Ads

Website states 14-16 weeks. My experience is that K&D usually runs around 4-4 1/2 months.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I got a Dakota Defender two years ago. It was 12 weeks then and arrived right on time.

It was a longggg 12 weeks though.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    They're excellent holsters at an excellent price. The wait isn't as bad as some of the other quality, handmade holster makers out there. Unless you find one used, you won't get one unless you're in line. My two Dakota Defenders should be shipping in a month and I may order another (if I get a G29 or CBOB). That should put me at about 12-14 weeks. Not bad considering the quality I will be getting.

Let us know how it works out. I haven't seen a IWB Defender for a revo yet.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Let us know how it works out. I haven't seen a IWB Defender for a revo yet.
    I'll let you know in about 14-16 weeks. haha

You can always call and talk to Kevin... when I ordered mine two years ago I talked to him and he delivered on his estimate... I had it in hand almost exactly the day I had expected to see it, and if I remember correctly it was a day or two early.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    You can always call and talk to Kevin... when I ordered mine two years ago I talked to him and he delivered on his estimate... I had it in hand almost exactly the day I had expected to see it, and if I remember correctly it was a day or two early.
    How long was his estimate?

K&D are great

I tell ya, you couldn't meet nicer people than Kevin and Diane.

I was visiting a buddy of mine that lives in Central Florida last weekend who also happens to be into guns. He is jedi to my padawan. He's much more knowledgeable in this area than I. He's been warning me to not fall into the trap of getting "a drawer full of useless holsters". Of course I didn't listen and got myself 2 pretty useless and uncomfortable ones online. So before I got too deep, I decided to finally take his advice and look for a good quality custom holster. I ran into K&D and happened to see their location. So close to him and he didn't even know it.

I digress. Last weekend I made my way over there and we decided to pay K&D a little visit. They are a small shop, as you would expect from a custom leather shop. We were greeted by Kevin and Diane (who even remembered where we were coming from, as we had called a day in advance). We must have spent a good 3 hrs just talking it up about every aspect you could think of about holsters.

It was a great education for me, and I got to see some of the fine fine pieces they had to offer.

I placed an order for a belt 1.5in black leather, a holster (thunderbird, convertible iwb/owb with kydex clips) and a belt clip mag holder before the day was out. Luckily for me I paid them a visit as their thunderbird isn't advertised on thier site just yet. So I got in early to that party heehee. Unfortunately, I won't see them for another 4 months. Gonna be the longest 4 mos EVER i think :)

So if any of you are on the fence about getting a product from K&D, I say just give Kevin a call. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to tell how genuine of character he is. At no point in our conversation did he ever come across as "I know more than you" or "this is what you need". It was always, "This worked for me" or "This worked for so and so, and here's why" followed by a demo.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
    I tell ya, you couldn't meet nicer people than Kevin and Diane...
    I just hope Kevin's wife, Cindi, doesn't find out about "Diane."

Seriously, I'd never hesitate to recommend Kevin, Cindi, and K&D. They take it seriously, produce excellent products, and do what they say.

It doesn't get better than that.

thanks K&D

"We must have spent a good 3 hrs just talking it up about every aspect you could think of about holsters."

see it aint Kevin's fault , every time i talked to them they're very professional .

the last order a maverick , and prior to that a belt(if you wear iwb you will need a longer belt), i didn't even ask for a eta .

i find that quality and value are worth waiting for, 3 holsters 2 mag carriers and 2 belts all K&D . Top notch all the way thanks Kevin!

elance

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by iamnoone View Post
    I tell ya, you couldn't meet nicer people than Kevin and Diane.

I was visiting a buddy of mine that lives in Central Florida last weekend who also happens to be into guns. He is jedi to my padawan. He's much more knowledgeable in this area than I. He's been warning me to not fall into the trap of getting "a drawer full of useless holsters". Of course I didn't listen and got myself 2 pretty useless and uncomfortable ones online. So before I got too deep, I decided to finally take his advice and look for a good quality custom holster. I ran into K&D and happened to see their location. So close to him and he didn't even know it.

I digress. Last weekend I made my way over there and we decided to pay K&D a little visit. They are a small shop, as you would expect from a custom leather shop. We were greeted by Kevin and Diane (who even remembered where we were coming from, as we had called a day in advance). We must have spent a good 3 hrs just talking it up about every aspect you could think of about holsters.

It was a great education for me, and I got to see some of the fine fine pieces they had to offer.

I placed an order for a belt 1.5in black leather, a holster (thunderbird, convertible iwb/owb with kydex clips) and a belt clip mag holder before the day was out. Luckily for me I paid them a visit as their thunderbird isn't advertised on thier site just yet. So I got in early to that party heehee. Unfortunately, I won't see them for another 4 months. Gonna be the longest 4 mos EVER i think :)

So if any of you are on the fence about getting a product from K&D, I say just give Kevin a call. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to tell how genuine of character he is. At no point in our conversation did he ever come across as "I know more than you" or "this is what you need". It was always, "This worked for me" or "This worked for so and so, and here's why" followed by a demo.
    This is very strange!!!! I just sent Kevin a email yesterday asking if he could design a holster just like you described in the Thunderbird!!! Well I reckon my "custom" request won't be so custom after all!!

Thanks for the info, I look forward to hearing from him.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Kevin a couple of times. He was always very pleasant and great to deal with!! I have had a couple of phone conversations also with him and enjoyed them very much!
    It takes a while to get your gear, BUT BOY, is it nice!!

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter828 View Post
    How long was his estimate?
    Sorry for the delay... at the time I had ordered his website said it would be 8-10 weeks (I think) and when I talked to Kevin he said 10 weeks... and he delivered.

Currently the website says 14-16 weeks.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter828 View Post
    I'm ordering a K&D Cochise Defender for my revolver. Does anybody know how long it'll take to get it?
    It could be worse Del Fatti has a two year waiting period, plus you have to wait in line just to get your chance to order so you can be on his waiting list. Now Del Fatti does make some excellent holster no doubt about that but there's no doubt that Kevin is in the same league so I think we are pretty lucky really. I just got the three Holsters I ordered from K&D. They came right on time and Kevin sent me an E-mail about the time they were ready to start on my order. Now its those last two weeks that are the killer. But same as when I got the Maverick as soon as I had them in my hand it was well worth the wait. I have no doubt that ten years from now when I am strapping on one of these beauties the wait will be insignificant compared to the years of service they will provide me. When you get your Cochise you will be so glad you did not settle for an off the shelf holster. Be sure to share your pics when you do get it. Here are a couple of pics of what I just got to help hold you over until you get yours.

Bersa Dakota Defender

XD.45 Dakota Defender

XD.45 Eagle Defender

My K&D Family[/QUOTE]

For more pics and my review of these holsters see my K&D Strikes Again thread
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links