I am going to order a Galco Bellyband - Page 2

I am going to order a Galco Bellyband

This is a discussion on I am going to order a Galco Bellyband within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have two, one in black and one in white. May I sugest getting a white one as it won't show through clothing like a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am going to order a Galco Bellyband

I have two, one in black and one in white. May I sugest getting a white one as it won't show through clothing like a darker color. I have a 34 waist and used it frquently when I had to dress more formal. Haven't used one in awhile though. I wouldn't carry more than a snub nose in one though. They claim they will hold large autos, but I tried my G23 and even pulling it really tight it weighs it down and you are constantly readjusting. I have worn mine at waist level, and yes it makes you look thinner, and I have worn just below the arm pit, both were very comfortable. Obviously a T shirt is a must. I carried NAA Guardians, a AMT Back Up DAO 380acp, as well as my 38 snub nose Model 60, all of these worked great.
    I also agree I prefer the BB over the Smart Carry any day. I don't want anything that close to Petey!! Not to mention if you need to adjust folks will think you have crabs, lol!!!
    Remember what works for one is totally wrong for another, we all need to find what works for each of us!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

i ordered mine today, so i will report back when i test it out. if it doesn't work for me, i will return it and try something else.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

That's MY weight class

Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    a few $ cheaper, but do they run tight? depending on what i wear, my waist is between 44-48.
    That's my size arena. I find the Belly Band is too tight and it makes me sweat profusely whereupon it becomes unbearably uncomfortable. Instead I prefer the CROSSBREED SuperTuck Deluxe. Check them out. There's a link here on the forum. Sure the Crossbreed is a bit more expensive but they let you try it for a full two weeks or your money back. Can't beat that. I LOVE mine. It's perfect for the south Florida heat and humidity. Waaaay more comfortable than the belly band. If I had to wear a gun in jogging togs, I'd go with a belly BAG, cinched snug.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    That's my size arena. I find the Belly Band is too tight and it makes me sweat profusely whereupon it becomes unbearably uncomfortable. .
    The band I use is advertised as a "breathable belly band". How much it breaths compared to others, I don't know.

I live in Seattle where humidity isn't a big problem but I haven't found it to make me perspire when I wear it.

However I always wear a thin ribbed "wife beater" under the band to separate it from my skin. I'm sure that helps. They are very thin and don't really add to the bulk of the set up.

+1 on what everyone's said above!

I've used/worn the belly band while in the military for years. Works very well for deep concealment... especially when you're belt-less. But a few things to remember:

1) A cross draw will usually be your best bet. Depends on how high you wear the band and at what angle your weapon sits.
    2) This will NOT be your ideal rapid draw weapon. The band sometimes shifts during wear or even during draw. This is less of a factor with the Galco's (which are usually pretty stable). But steer away from the el-cheapos (ie. my gov't issued crap). Generic brands fall victim to this more than the name-brands. (usually, anyway)
    3) Most of all, you'll have to do some serious shirt-lifting with your weak side hand to draw your weapon. You'll have to take that into account.

As with any new equipment, just use/wear it how you're most comfortable, and practice practice practice!

All the above is, of course, IMHO!

Thumbs up Belly Band Works For Me !!!!!!!!!

I presently live in Ga. and it's hot as blazes and I love my belly band. It allows me to carry anything from 1911 to a PT-111,get one soon!!
    "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"

i ordered mine on saturday. i should be getting it soon. i hope it works out...if not, i return it.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I was looking at a belly band for carry with some basketball shorts on these hot Texas summer days but I decided to try the Smart Carry. I really like the fact that the Smart Carry just hangs instead of needing to be pulled real tight. Yes it's carried in the front but it actually is very comfortable and doesn't bother any sensitive parts down there. Let me know how comfortable the belly band is, I may still give one of them a try.
    Thanks,
    Rock

I live in the DFW area and it is HOT 104 today. My belly band is a excellent way to carry. like a post earlier you can adjust it to fit your need sometimes I wear it just above my belt strong side, when i ride my motorcycle i wear it around my chest cross draw under my left arm. But for me it is not a summer time carry. Its to uncomfortable to wear without an undershirt and it is shorts and T shirt weather here in the summer..

I'm wearing one right now.

I am wearing a Galco Bellyband right now while at work. I'm carrying my full size Ed Brown 1911 in it. I carry strongside. I have CTAC and others, but the bellyband seems to work the best for a tuckable holster. It does not "pull down" on you slacks when you're carrying, so my pants seem to fit better and my shirt tucks in more naturally.
    I have several bellybands but the Galco in the white color seems to be the best. I have a 36" waist and I wear a medium. I have found that you really do not need to have it that tight around your waist. Just tight enough to hold the gun in place until you get your shirt tucked in and your belt fastened. If you have it too tight around your waist, it can get uncomfortable after a while.

i got my bellyband today...i took Marvin's advice and got this one: Defender Gun Concealment Holsters

i must say, i've had it on a few hours and it's comfortable. my sidearm feels much more balanced on me then my OWB. it's very comfortable wearing elastic shorts and felt good wearing short/pants with a belt. It has a pouch for an extra mag, but it's on the same side as the handgun, so once the extra mag was added, i did feel it weigh down more.

Now, the real test will be this weekend.

the draw is fast....er, but not that fast, i do need both hands to reholster.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links