New Little Bear Leather (pic's!!) - Page 2

New Little Bear Leather (pic's!!)

This is a discussion on New Little Bear Leather (pic's!!) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh trust me... I have photos of Del Fatti holsters by my stitcher. I also am a lucky owner of one and am trying to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Little Bear Leather (pic's!!)

Jerry M

Oh trust me... I have photos of Del Fatti holsters by my stitcher. I also am a lucky owner of one and am trying to get my stitches, that nice. If you go to: Little Bear Custom Holsters - Inside the Waistband Holster (IWB)¬*I am a tremendous fan of the IWB! I spend alot of time with my family out and about and a GOOD IWB can conceal anything from a Walther PPK to a Heckler and Koch USP Tactical. Some basi
    or: Little Bear Custom Holsters - Belt Holsters¬*It seems Belt Holsters are the most popular choice, of late. I have built them for Law Enforcement, Military, members of SOCOM, for civilian use and a few have made it to parts unknown. What make them grea

there are a few new holsters that display my better stitching (the tan 5" 1911 IWB at the top is a prime example). And as far as boning, I think the Sig P220 on the belt holsters page, at the top, show boning is not an issue depending upon the project.

I am not angered, you would have to come from a different angle to bring about such.

And yes, the new holster buyer should get a top quality one to start: Bulman, Del Fatti, Sparks, Alessi, Brommeland, etc. However, if they cannot find such, they have to go to TT Gunleather, HBE and others who are not as "famous" but are good holster builders. And Ironically, I have seen a flaw with theirs as well... if you want perfect, get a Del Fatti, hands down. I love mine and use that to base my stitching off of. I think that is an achievable goal; though it may take more time and patience.

No hard feelings and thank you for your honesty.

Cheers!

Southbound

You didn't start anything that did not need saying. I am glad it is addressed and in the open for all to read.
    I hope everyone understands where Jerry is coming from and I am coming from. I agree with him on his comments and he sees that I am new and need to focus more on specific things, at times.
    I am not insulted by any means. As I have said, I have a few top notch holsters that had flaws... do I regret my purchase? No. Could they have been corrected? Sure. Will I buy from them again? Sure... especially since I have little to no time to make my own. LOL.

Seriously, the most important thing is is that you are happy. If you weren't, I would have rebuilt the rig with corrections noted and made. If you want another one, I will build it... that is clear in my site.
    I want you to be happy and safe with your rig.. that is priority one.

Take it easy and know this is just a necessary evil in this business.

Dave,
    You have surely confused the **** out of me!!!!! You send me a email telling me that you will no longer build the holster we have been designing for the past 10 days because another holster maker threatened you on "trade mark" infringement. We both no there is no such thing and he doesn't have a leg to stand on!! Then you went on to say how you are sick and tired of people on forums critizing your work. I would post your email but I am not hear to embarass anyone. As I said in my email I don't think Jerry, or myself, meant anything in a demeaning way, it was simply honest criticism and if you are going to suceed in this highly competitive field this is something you should welcome. Your attitude in this post is 180 degrees different than in the email and I sincerely hope the words in this thread are how you actually feel and not what was expressed in the email. My questions were coming from a prospective buyer, and I needed to know what I was going to receive for my money, not that it matters now, does it?? As I stated in my email I wish you all the best in your future career, and I will go elsewhere, at your request, for my holster needs. Good luck man, this has been a very weird experience!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

NC Hornet

Yes, I am sure you are confused. The email I sent you was before I used my brain and I wrote you with my emotions.
    I realized there were other factors affecting my mood (I have some serious pain issues and am facing some pretty serious surgeries, to me, to fix such. To add insult to injury, 12 hours in a car will make any one cranky.) so I sat and thought seriously before I continued my reply to Jerry. I made a mistake by shooting off my mouth before thinking... and I am sorry. Not because this is a public forum but because it was wrong to vent my thoughts to you before rethinking and taking a step back. However, not once did I deny the mistakes, nor would I; my point was if there are going to be negatives given, I believe there needs to be possible resolutions offerred as well. I think Jerry and I have talked about that in an open and closed forum. I realize he is not a builder but a lover of the craft and offerred a few makers I could possibly model myself after. He now, knows that I am new and understand my mistakes and have tried to improve upon them since then. I realize that was stupid and wish I could do it over again but I cannot. So, I must reap from my rash actions...
    As far as the other, I am not going to comment. I am not a lawyer but I will plan on a build that does not represent anyone else's work. It may not be today, or tomorrow but I am sure I can figure something out. There are too many builders to keep track of and as I put in my email, there are only so many ways to skin a cat.
    I hope there is now some understanding to all of the factors that contributed to this event. If there is confusion, please feel free to PM or email me.

I'm just an outsider looking in however, after reading this entire thread isn't this getting blown out of proportion? I mean this is an INSIDEthe waistband holster. It was meant to be concealed. But, hey, that's just me talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket View Post
    I'm just an outsider looking in however, after reading this entire thread isn't this getting blown out of proportion? I mean this is an INSIDEthe waistband holster. It was meant to be concealed. But, hey, that's just me talking.
    X2
    Besides the dye transer, It looks great!

Dave is a great person to deal with. Do his holsters have room for improvement? Yes. There is just something about his holsters that draws me to them. I used to have a VM2 for my glock and for some reason when I looked at it i never had that feeling that it was hand made always seemed like a machine did it. I know they are hand made and to a perfection where it is hard to tell yours for someone else's. Dave's holsters are unique having characteristics of their own in each holster. I agree the dye transfer is a problem that needs to be resolved, and i am confident that Dave is trying to solve this problem. Would i buy another holster from Dave? You betcha, I have one on order as we speak.

Adam

I too have one on order. Dave has wonderful customer service and is great to deal with! I look forward to receiving my holster

Chumbucket

LOL... I am ready to move on. I feel like an idiot and would like to forget this moment in my life; other than learning from it and building better holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam500 View Post
    Dave is a great person to deal with. Do his holsters have room for improvement? Yes. There is just something about his holsters that draws me to them. I used to have a VM2 for my glock and for some reason when I looked at it i never had that feeling that it was hand made always seemed like a machine did it. I know they are hand made and to a perfection where it is hard to tell yours for someone else's. Dave's holsters are unique having characteristics of their own in each holster. I agree the dye transfer is a problem that needs to be resolved, and i am confident that Dave is trying to solve this problem. Would i buy another holster from Dave? You betcha, I have one on order as we speak.

Adam
    You beat me to it!!!

What he said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links