Rafters sharkskin belt?

Rafters sharkskin belt?

This is a discussion on Rafters sharkskin belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering getting a Rafters sharkskin gun belt in the inch and half flavor.If anyone here has one of rafters sharkskin belts what do ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rafters sharkskin belt?

Rafters sharkskin belt?

I am considering getting a Rafters sharkskin gun belt in the inch and half flavor.If anyone here has one of rafters sharkskin belts what do you think of it?

I own several belts from them and many others and I feel Rafter makes one of the best belts out there. They are very thick (sometimes too thick for certain holsters) with excellent stitching and affordable pricing compared to others. The only problem with Rafter S is their poor customer service and inaccurate delivery times. If you are willing to wait, they are definitely worth it. If you want good customer service and accurate wait times, go with Beltman but I still think rafter makes a better belt than Beltman.

Here is my 1.25" Rafter Sharkskin + MDF LP holster
    Last edited by orangehole; July 26th, 2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I am considering getting a Rafters sharkskin gun belt in the inch and half flavor.If anyone here has one of rafters sharkskin belts what do you think of it?
    I have two, and have given one to my son and son-in-law.
    I have another on order. Obviously I like them and think they are the best for the money. I wear them mostly for dress, but would be OK for anything.

I only have 1.25 inch belts with sharkskin. Be aware that some holster loops will not accept the RafterS 1.5 inch belts.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member
    I just got mine about 2 weeks ago, it is a beautiful well made belt. If you know that it's going to take about 10 weeks to get instead of 4,
    it is worth the wait. After 5 weeks I called to check on it and was told it was going out on Friday and each time I called, Delia told me the same thing. The third time she told me that, I told her this is the third time you have told me the same thing, she said ( that's not good). I told her that I do not mine the wait, just to what you say and don't give people the run around. There customer service is not all bad, I
    have to give them credit on this. After I got the belt it was to small ,
    I didn't know what to do. I tried to sell it here, with know luck. So after looking at it for about a month, I called them, and they did take it back, they didn't have to do that. I got my new one again in 10 weeks, but I didn't call this time, I just waited and it is worth the wait.

Mine is about 2 1/2 years old and I also have a sharkskin dual mag pouch from them and they are great. I don't remember how long the wait was but I'm not very patient and I don't remember being upset. The first mag pouch I got cracked all along the edges when I first got it but they replaced it no questions and real quick so I'm happy with their customer service and I will definitely look them up when I'm in the market for more gear.
    Thanks,
    Rock

Quote Originally Posted by rockusaf View Post
    Mine is about 2 1/2 years old and I also have a sharkskin dual mag pouch from them and they are great. I don't remember how long the wait was but I'm not very patient and I don't remember being upset. The first mag pouch I got cracked all along the edges when I first got it but they replaced it no questions and real quick so I'm happy with their customer service and I will definitely look them up when I'm in the market for more gear.

Two years ago Rafter was not as popular as they are today and when word spreads of good leather the craftsman get backed up real fast. It is still worth the wait but you better be patient

Distinguished Member
    They would have a better reputation if they got there delivery time closer to there quoted time. I don't mind a wait. I am only hoping they read this, and they can become legend. There craftsmanship is that good. I am going to oder another belt from them in 1 1/4 to fit my other pants, but I know not to check on it until after 10 weeks.

Good belts

I'm wearing a Rafter sharkskin belt as I type this. It is an excellent belt and hardly shows any wear after over a year. I have two Rafter belts and would buy another.

It takes about 10 weeks to receive the belt after ordering it.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    They sure do make some good looking stuff.

Dang their stuff is beautiful. I am a Wilderness belt wearer, but I see setups like above, and I think, no I Need to spend the money and get it!
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

I own a Rafters sharkskin and elephant belt, both in 1.5 inch width. The quality of both are absolutely fabulous. The grain pattern in the sharkskin is like nothing I have ever seen on any website and I searched high and low before I made my purchase. The sharkskin grain pattern is WAY more impressive than what is on their website. I asked for a specific grain pattern for the elephant skin and Della accomodated my request. The belts are very supple but hold my holsters very firmly. In my humble opinion there is not a better belt value or better quality exotic skin gunbelt out there anywhere. And, yes, I do own other exotic skin gunbelts. As a matter of fact, I just ordered an ostrich gunbelt last week from Della. What does that tell you about my level of satisfaction with their product?
    As for turn around time, I was quoted five weeks and the shark/elephant belts came in five weeks. Could not ask for more.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    How do these belts fit with most holsters? Are they too thick for most standard kydex clips?

I have a sharkskinned one, and my MTAC kydex clips fit on it just fine. It's a snug fit, and that's exactly what you want. All my other holsters thread the shark no problem. Very rigid yet forgiving belt. Does not lose shape, and very very high quality. The craftsmanship is unreal. Straight sew lines, very precise. I hope this helps.
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

Darn. I was happy with what I had until I saw that sharkskin. Nice.

Links anyone? I just ordered a belt in sharkskin be interesting to compare.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links