Great holsters to check out

This is a discussion on Great holsters to check out within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I was at the gun show at Big Town in Mesquite, TX(suburb of Dallas) and found this company that sells holsters of all kinds ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great holsters to check out

Today I was at the gun show at Big Town in Mesquite, TX(suburb of Dallas) and found this company that sells holsters of all kinds for concealment. I bought one underarm holster for my Glock 21, a ankle holster for my Ruger LCP, and shotgun casing holder for my shotgun. All great holsters and ammo holders. The name of place is WRB. The owner Bill Bandlow says he guarantees his holsters which he makes himself right out of Gun Barrel City, TX(yes thats really the town). Below is the website if anyone is looking for a good holster made here in the USA.

Holsters, gun holsters, shoulder holsters, concealed carry holsters, handgun shoulder holsters
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Are all of his holsters made of Cordura Nylon?

Sorry bud, no nylon holsters for me. They are okay for the range, but not for daily carry.
    Thanks for the info though.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Why? I've used them before an no problems for me! I guess if you want to have a pretty holster you can get a leather one for a fashion statement.

Quote Originally Posted by southbound View Post
    Are all of his holsters made of Cordura Nylon?

The ones I seen at the gun show where.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I would guess most people are going to say no to nylon holsters because they don't fit a specific firearm, are less comfortable than just about every other material, are less secure, less concealable, etc., etc.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I would guess most people are going to say no to nylon holsters because they don't fit a specific firearm, are less comfortable than just about every other material, are less secure, less concealable, etc., etc.
    The ones I bought today conceal great. And they fit both of my firearms.

Samuel Adams

I certainly am not going to argue with anyone who has tried nylon, and likes it.
    But I would not even consider it. I also think that after you wear it awhile, and especially if you get a chance to compare it to top leather holsters you will not be satisfied.

I would much rather have a good kydex.

Regards,
    Jerry

I thought the mattress holster was a neat idea
    Better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6

Aviation Machinist's Mate USN 93-97
    NAF Atsugi, Japan CVW 5
    CV62 USS Independence
    HS-12 Wyverns, VS-21 Fighting Redtails

VIP Member
    Hummm... no thanks!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Administrator
    Looks like some decent accessory weapons cases shown on his site and a few nice range bags.
    I'm not too big on generic type holsters with velcro retention straps though.
    For camping possibly by not for defensive carry.

No nylon holsters for this guy...OMO...maybe someone else.

Stay armed...leather...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Nylon has little to no retention therefore the need for straps or a loose fitting gun. Wear that nylon all day long and see how your skin likes it, it's like sandpaper. No I am not a pretty holster type of huy, no exotic skins on my holsters, but I wear what works, and nylon simply doesn't work for me. But as I said if it works for you that's great.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    While I also generally don't care for nylon holsters, I did find some interesting products here. I liked the double mag pouch (pocket) for a 1911, and ordered one. It's one of only two or three I've seen, and at under twenty bucks it's the most economical. Now we'll see if my theory of a two mag pocket carrier being a good idea was folly or not

I also liked the idea that the price (at least on what I ordered) included shipping, and that I could pay with Paypal (saved me entering all that information).
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quality hand crafted leather only for me. Longer lasting better quality over all, better retention, more comfortable and yes better looking because it does matter. Personally I dont care for Kydex or any other plastic holsters either though in all honesty some of them are at least decent functionally. I am fairly anal about quality which is why I opt for handmade custom leather holsters from respected craftsmen with an established record for quality workmanship rather than manufactured holsters. But they all do have a niche Uncle Mikes has been cranking out nylon holsters for years. As others have said the other products do look like they are at least worthy of as look and consideration.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

I use a SSII and mexican carry. Buy what you want, if it fills your need and you like it, so be it.
    Okiemountaineer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links