Comp-tac infidel: properly adjusted when shipped?

This is a discussion on Comp-tac infidel: properly adjusted when shipped? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My infidel arrived today for my P226 and it's much more snug for holstering/unholstering than the infidel for my Glock 22. However, I tried several ...

Thread: Comp-tac infidel: properly adjusted when shipped?

My infidel arrived today for my P226 and it's much more snug for holstering/unholstering than the infidel for my Glock 22. However, I tried several clamp settings with the Glock 22 so I never actually carried with it in the shipped configuration (no baseline for comparison).

Are they supposed to be at the correct amount of resistance when shipped from the shop? If so, I need to tighten my other holster and get accustomed to this for range practice.

Did you loosen yours or tighten yours to desired resistance?

Also, for my Glock it seems to "pop" out when I draw the gun (not accidentally of course), but the Sig seems to smoothly resist its way out (but resistance seems way too firm). Which is correct for these kydex holsters?

Thanks.

Comptac holsters are fully adjustable to your liking. I would imagine they are close from the factory but feel free to loosen/tighten the adjustment screws for your taste. I like mine to click slightly when holstering, although the CTAC "click" I had was much more noticeable than on my MTAC due to the leather side.

Enjoy!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    My infidel arrived today for my P226 and it's much more snug for holstering/unholstering than the infidel for my Glock 22. However, I tried several clamp settings with the Glock 22 so I never actually carried with it in the shipped configuration (no baseline for comparison).
    If i may

I never actually carried with it in the shipped configuration (no baseline for comparison)
    So you bought a rather high end holster that you never actually tried and your angry about just what ?

Sorry hand , this holster maker is not one of my " pets " by any consideration , but you boggle my mind . You managed to spend a lot of money on a custom ( as it passes ) holster and then never try not only the holster but the adjustable feature that i assume is why you selected that maker/model . Gosh hand i dont want to pick on you but i do ask that you come back and tell us how them carbon credits you bought are working out .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

I'm going to be charitable and assume I wasn't sufficiently clear in my initial post.

I ordered the infidel with both (a) shirt tucker strut and (b) infidel belt clip. The holster came without the tucker strut attached. I was fairly sure that I wanted the strut, and so naturally I attached it right away. To do this, you have to remove the adjustment screws. I adjusted them to my desired resistance for the holster, without wearing the infidel in the "as shipped" configuration. After experimenting, I decided to try it with just the belt clip, re-adjusted it again, and to my surprise I liked it better. Overall, I love the infidel for the Glock, even though I never tried it with the amount of resistance that existed when it came out of the box.

I hope this is better. I'm not angry about a holster that I never wore. That wasn't the intent of my initial post. I was pointing out that I did not take note of the initial resistance that the holster had prior to my reconfiguring it with the optional strut.

Perhaps you conflated "... never wore it in the shipped configuration" with "never wore it." I stated the former, not the latter.

In my experience, Comp-Tac ships their holsters too tight. I loosened mine up a bunch, maybe I'm a wuss though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeisureClub View Post
    In my experience, Comp-Tac ships their holsters too tight. I loosened mine up a bunch, maybe I'm a wuss though.
    Thank you for your helpful reply. That's what I had suspected - (holster too tight, not that you're a wuss ).

Administrator
    Yup, I've loosened all mine up. It seems as if the need adjusting from time to time too, but its no big deal.
    "Just blame Sixto"

They are made to adjust to each users preference
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I think Redneck misunderstood your post, although I understood it perfectly. I am sure he will recant his rough reply once he realizes what you were asking.
    The holsters are adjustable for the end user, there is no right or wrong way of doing it. Just whatever floats your boat!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Sponsored Links