Highnoon Skin Series

This is a discussion on Highnoon Skin Series within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello folks. Anybody have one of these? Is this material similar to leather? What's it like? I am thinking bout one of the Skin Deep ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highnoon Skin Series

Highnoon Skin Series

Hello folks. Anybody have one of these? Is this material similar to leather? What's it like? I am thinking bout one of the Skin Deep holsters. I like the looks of it, but am a little hesitant without some input. Thanks!

Warmon -

2. Remove Ads

I don't own an OWB (skins are OWB) from them but I do own a couple IWB holsters in the same material.

It is leather-like, but not porous. What gives away that it is not leather is the lack of pores and complete uniformity. The net result is that you have a very uniform, consistent and durable material but I absolutely prefer real leather. That said - for the money I think it's a great product and a good material - preferable to Kydex IMO.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I own two High Noon holsters that are great! All I can say is get it! if you don't like it(which you will) they will take it back.
    Great set of guys and easy to work with...JM.02
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    The net result is that you have a very uniform, consistent and durable material but I absolutely prefer real leather. That said - for the money I think it's a great product and a good material - preferable to Kydex IMO.
    So it's not too soft or floppy? Does it hold its shape well?...stiff enough, but not too stiff? I am not too crazy about Kydex either.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    So it's not too soft or floppy? Does it hold its shape well?...stiff enough, but not too stiff? I am not too crazy about Kydex either.
    I'd say it's close to leather but not exactly in regards to stiffness. It does not hold it's shape like leather - it couldn't be boned or otherwise formed. So a good leather holster would have better "fit" I guess is what I'm trying to say. That said, it's still miles above most everything else.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Thanks matiki and cdwolf. I appreciate it. I ordered the Skin Deep just now - it will be home for a new Glock 27 heading my way in a few days. I will post pics and impressions of the new holster when it comes in, so others thinking about getting one can see what they are like.
    Last edited by Warmon; July 29th, 2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typo

I'm interested in how it works out. I have a few IWB, but no OWB.
    It won't look like much at first, but after a day or two of having your gun in it, it will mold to it nicely.

Highnoon Skin Series - Update / Pics

Howdy folks. I received the holster and picked up my new Glock 27 this past weekend and thought I would update this thread with some pics and thoughts on the new holster as well.

The holster shipped out within a day or two of ordering and got it really fast. I didn't know what to make of it at first; as it comes almost flat as a pancake. I'm like; is this thing really gonna work? The material very leather like - soft, supple, but still stiff enough to hold its shape. If I didn't know it was a synthetic, I could believe it was some type of leather other than cowhide. The inner surface is a lot like suede. It's neat stuff. It holds the weapon securely, but has a much faster draw than cowhide. The holster design is comfy and pulls close to the body. I LIKE IT!..and it looks good too.

Anyway, here's a few pics...

I'm glad you like it. And thanks for the pics, looks great!

My one experience with HNH was that they are true professionals, very interested in you being happy with your purchase. Great guys.

looks great to me !

I ordered a Skin Deep last night; darn you for posting those pictures!
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Hope it works out for you. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I was not impressed with this stuff and sent it back.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    I don't own an OWB (skins are OWB) from them but I do own a couple IWB holsters in the same material.

It is leather-like, but not porous. What gives away that it is not leather is the lack of pores and complete uniformity. The net result is that you have a very uniform, consistent and durable material but I absolutely prefer real leather. That said - for the money I think it's a great product and a good material - preferable to Kydex IMO.

The Skin line of holsters are real leather except for the face which is a specially extruded Laminate Skin that is glued on. You get the best of both worlds, a leather product with a super tuff Exterior that has steel-like strength that resists abrasion, nicks ,scuffs and is fade-resistant. It really is a tuff holster that gets the job done that will look new for many years.

Take Care
    Justin

How is the retention? It doesn't appear the holster is formed very well to the contours of the firearm. This would affect retention of the weapon, also does the mouth of the holster stay open after the gun is drawn?

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links