No under shirt ...

This is a discussion on No under shirt ... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wife beater... The tank top shirts you see all the thugs running around in on the t.v. show COPS...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No under shirt ...

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Wife beater... The tank top shirts you see all the thugs running around in on the t.v. show COPS
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

2. Remove Ads

Try an MTAC....you could return it if it doesn't work for you.

Good luck down there in the Sunshine State! Used to live down by West Palm.........ahh, memories.

I just can't wear an undershirt by golly, so I'll remain to be the caveman I've been accused of.

When I started carrying my Glock19 in my DM Bullard Dual Carry holster it took a little time getting use to it. It was like breaking in my rear for the Sportster seat . Eventually the holster felt good against bare skin and I now ride with my rig at the 3:00 position.
    NRA Member

Holster choice

I carry a G23 in a very simple Blackhawk IWB. It works with shorts, jeans or cargo pants, as long as I wear a shirt that's untucked. Very comfortable. On a bike, you might want the version with a retention strap, just in case you hit a bump!

I carry my G27 in an MTAC under a t shirt, but over a tank top. The MTAC has leather against your skin but the outer shell is kydex.

Very comfortable. It has been hot in NY 95-100 last week. No problems concealing it either. 5'10" 170, t shirt is not oversized.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It's as hot and humid here in West Tennessee as it is in Florida and I wear a tight cotton tee all of the time with my C-TAC next to it. My advice? Suck it up and wear a tee.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Cross breed holster under T-Shirt against skin. I forget it's there. CB has a free trial offer. You can always return it but I would bet you would keep it if you tried it.

My quick take on this. I'm in Southern Georgia so I understand the heat and humidity.
    A MTAC from Comp-Tac or Crossbreed's SuperTuck.......They have the leather backing and a kydex 'sleeve' and are good, quality IWB holsters.
    Other than that a quality OWB leather holster would be the way to go. A quick search on this fourm could get you started.

On a side note, I've always been told carrying is comforting, but not always comfortable.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I just can't wear an undershirt by golly, so I'll remain to be the caveman I've been accused of.

RamRod,

Look at the background, even the guy on your TV can't believe what he sees...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array MilitaryPower's Avatar
    Florida here. Small guy here with white T-shirt under button up shirt. Very rarely do I wear a "wife beater" A-shirt, but it sounds like it might work for you. I wear both a C-T.A.C. and a SuperTuck.
    Gun control can be blamed in part for allowing 9/11 to happen.
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" (Latin)- "If you want peace, prepare for war".

Administrator
    Buy a good OWB leather holster, mate it to a good gun belt and buy some oversize longer 100% Cotton T-Shirts (darker colors are best) and you should be good to go with a "behind the hip" carry on your belt.
    You can't do it with a crappy holster though. You need a rig that will pull the firearm in close.
    There should be no reason why you cannot conceal a G26 under a baggy T-Shirt behind the hip at the 4~O'Clock position.
    I carry that way every day except in Winter when I usually carry in a shoulder rig.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I think you just need a nice leather holster with a body shield. Most makers offer a body shield option.. I know Andrews Leather does, as does Ross Leather.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Wife Beater T shirt
    "Brains before Bullets"

Administrator
    Yep, that helps - good addition Footslogger. A leather rig with a skin guard.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links