No under shirt ...

This is a discussion on No under shirt ... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 RamRod, Look at the background, even the guy on your TV can't believe what he sees... ret That's CSI by golly....no ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No under shirt ...

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    RamRod,

Look at the background, even the guy on your TV can't believe what he sees...

ret
    That's CSI by golly....no blasphemin' K? Argh, argh, argh!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    I ride an 05 E-glide with a back-rest as well (my wife has a Road King) !!!
    I have a couple FIST K-1; very nice people to deal with; they really helped me getting one on time before we left for Sturgis in 2006.
    I never tried an SOB; had lower back surgery in 2003 and it scares me me a little !!!
    Considering your experience, I am going to try to find one to try ???

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck is a "wifebeater"

When we travel, I usually wear a BDU type pants with the ties or rubber band over the boots; a friend of mine was riding in jeans and had a yellow jacket get in his pant leg and fall in his boot; not pretty; we had to take to the hospital a few hours later !!!
    With the BDU I use a pocket holster.

Thanks to all who answered with their suggestions

wmhawth: dress around the gun ... I don't feel that way; I have carried for too long and the appeal is long gone. However I'll never leave home without it.

Every now and then I have the idea to get a smaller gun ... BUT I have many thousand rounds in that G-26 shot in IDPA and GSSF matches, I am good with it so it is my best chance if need arises.

I see good feedback in your posts for the crossbreed tuckable, I am going to look at those too, but I'd hate to have to start a fourth box of unused holsters especially sincemy wife bought only 2 holsters in the last 15 years and the one she uses the most was a $15 used one she picked up at a gun show

Thanks again for all your replies !!!

You can't miss fast enough to win !

jfl
    jfl...

Others have already mentioned what a wifebeater is...and you do see a lot of dirtbags on "Cops" wearing them. On a bike, the extra layer of cotton actually is a good thing in the wind. I now always wear one under my regular T-shirts...'shirt and shorts'...the normal Florida dress. It keeps the leather away from my skin. I have, at times, just had the leather against my skin, but I don't prefer it.

I also have a new G-26, although my EDC on my 2005 Electra Glide is (as previously mentioned) a G-36. Your G-26 is perfect for the Fist #41 SOB. I just got another Fist #41 for my new G-26, but I have not finished with my breaking in procedures. I'm hoping that my wife of 37 years will take a liking to it. She seems to be able to rack the slide rather easily...not easy for her with some of my other pistols. In fact, we are headed to the range tomorrow morning.

Now I also have back difficulties, and two years ago I had a kidney removed (almost became flower fertilizer) but it is not a problem to tuck that G in the Fist holster tucked IWB at about 5:00. I sometimes can't even feel the weapon...it's that comfortable.
    I must repeat, the palm out draw is extremely smooth. I know 3 other guys (at my gunshop) who have the same holster and all of them like it.
    The weapon feels very secure when on the Harley, and fits perfectly when sitting against the backrest on my bike. If I slip on the 'cruise', I can easily pull the G if I had a need for its appearance.

Stay armed...enjoy the Harley...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    FWIW, layering in hot weather is a good thing. Bottom layer wicks away perspiration so that it doesn't soak through outer garment.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

South Florida, hot and humid !!!
    I am 5-8 and 145 lbs; carry a G-26.
    I usually wear jeans and shirt or T-shirt with no undershirt; I tried a Kydex tuckable, a belly-band and the Galco X-project (a joke).
    None of those are comfortable; actually the tuckable is painful after 15 minutes. So it's back to the "fanny pack" which I hate !!! or the vest which really looks weird in this weather and it is hot even the fabric ones.
    I also have Smart-Carry or is it Thunderwear? It is OK for a while but not comfortable on the Harley.
    The only options I have not tried (yet) is the SOB and the ankle (problem wearing boots).

It is only been 20 + years I've been trying to solve this problem and I wish I had the proverbial box of holsters ... I have 3 boxes !!! But I am still looking and hoping.

Thanks for any feedback !!!
    Thats interesting, because, i MUST wear an undershirt because i sweat too much, plus the fact that i cant wear my IWB without one, just too uncomfortabl.e
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Thanks for all the suggestions ...
    "Wifebeater" ... I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror wearing one of those (BTW thanks for educating me )

Layering ... when I ride the relative wind keeps me from sweating and the last thing I want is another layer to block it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I like to have my shirt tucked in.
    How does that go with the SOB that I am thinking to try ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I'm using my MTAC with a G27 tucked right now and no undershirt. It's not uncomfortable in the least. Granted it's not as humid here and I'm 5'11 230lbs.
    +1 My son works construction and carries with the MTAC and loves it. Yes, the leather stains, buy, hey, what do you expect?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Another vote for Under Amour shirts. I wear a loose fit heat gear shirt everyday under my normal shirts and you don't even notice they are there. Very cool and moisture wicking.
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

Smile

WOW !!!

I really did not expect so many interesting suggestion, thanks!
    I can already see I'll be spending money on holsters again

Thanks again, the people on this forum ROCK !!!

At this point it is going to be an M-TAC or a Crossbreed Supertuck, not sure which ???

jfl

I am also in Fl. I wear cargo shorts and a tshirt everyday. When I go out and about, I throw on a Columbia fishing shirt for cover. They are super light and vented, and cover very well. Good to wear down here.
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

I did it !!!
    Ordered an M-TAC this morning; I called them because my G-26 has a longer barrel than stock; the person who answered was extremely nice, helpful and professional ... a pleasure to deal with.

jfl

I think you'll like it a lot....wear it around for a couple days and the leather will form around the hip.

Great holster, i just ordered my M&P 45 shell for mine.

Thanks for all the suggestions ...
    "Wifebeater" ... I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror wearing one of those (BTW thanks for educating me )

Layering ... when I ride the relative wind keeps me from sweating and the last thing I want is another layer to block it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I like to have my shirt tucked in.
    How does that go with the SOB that I am thinking to try ...
    On a Harley, T-shirt tucked in with a leather vest (bug deflector).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

At work I wear shorts and a t-shirt, carrying a Beretta 92 in an MTAC. I work outside in Arizona... so it's HOT. It's very rarely uncomfortable, except last week as I rolled around in the the dirt trying to saw this bleepety-bleep lexan board inconveniently placed.... and I had literally cleaned it the day before, but I got SAND in my holster. Yech.

In any case, I find that I have to clean it every two weeks (more often with shooting) or it literally will begin to rust. I sweat through the leather holster every day. Probably not the best, but I take care of it, and I'm almost finished with this job.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

No flaming allowed, because it works for me. For 5 years now I've been using a Clipdraw (with a SafTBlock) on my G27 at A-IWB. I don't find it uncomfortable without a t shirt.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links