IWB Holster for XD SC

IWB Holster for XD SC

This is a discussion on IWB Holster for XD SC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently use a M-TAC holster for my XD-SC and love it, but I'm looking for something that places the gun a little lower on ...

Thread: IWB Holster for XD SC

IWB Holster for XD SC

I currently use a M-TAC holster for my XD-SC and love it, but I'm looking for something that places the gun a little lower on my waistline - basically if I could find something that makes the XD hug my body and has only a little of the grip exposed above the pants (enough to grab it if needed, obviously).

The M-TAC is nice, but it leaves a little too much gun exposed above the waistline and it doesn't seem to hug my body (5'10, 155 pounds) so printing is a constant worry.

Price is not too much of a concern.

Hopes that made sense! Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum!!!

I'm assuming you're talking about the Minotaur MTAC. You adjusted it to the bottom holes on the belt clip and it's still too high!!! They usually ride pretty nice and low, thats part of what makes them so comfy. You need to eat more and develop love handles, they hide even the biggest 1911! Well, at least mine do.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have a Lou Alessi IWB for XD .45 that I took the knife to and fitted to my XD 40SC. It is super comfortable and I can even wear it with shorts. Alessi holsters are a little hard to come by but his shop is close to my house so I can walk in and get service at the counter.

I roll with my XD and my LCP as a BUG. Just today I traded in my S&W M&P .40c for a Walther PPS 9MM. I can't wait until I can pay off the balance (had to replace a hot-water tank this week) but only owe $230 so I am hoping to be loving it up by next Friday.

Spooter - Thanks for the welcome! I've adjusted to the bottom holes and it fits almost perfectly, but still a little too high for my tastes. I mean, it works, but if there's anything that sits a little lower that would be great!

Siafu - that is a nice looking holster. Just how hard to get a hold of? ;)

Any pictures of it on your person? If not, no need to go out of your way to get some, but if you have any laying around on your hard drive...

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe that I have never used, it's for the XD45 Compact and my XD9 Sub Compact. I am looking to trade for a Galco Belt Holster or maybe another MFG belt slide holster.
    S&W M&P15X | S&W 642CT
    Mossberg 500 | Remington 700 .308
    Kimber 45 Ultra Crimson Carry 2
    XD 45 Compact | XD 9mm Sub Compact
    Ruger LCP | Ruger 10/22 | Ruger SP101 357 Magnum

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockk View Post
    Spooter - Thanks for the welcome! I've adjusted to the bottom holes and it fits almost perfectly, but still a little too high for my tastes. I mean, it works, but if there's anything that sits a little lower that would be great!

Siafu - that is a nice looking holster. Just how hard to get a hold of? ;)

Any pictures of it on your person? If not, no need to go out of your way to get some, but if you have any laying around on your hard drive...
    I will be going to Alessi Holster next week and I will let you know if he has any in stock for XD SC. I am taking a friend who lives in Belize who is in town visiting so he can get a holster for his Glock. Another member of this board has asked me to look into some items for him as well. Ping me on the internal mail system and let me know exactly what you are looking for and I'll see if Alessi has it in stock for immediate delivery. FYI: I am speaking of Alessi's leather shop, not any retail outlets for his products. He has a small counter primarily for local LE walk-in service.

Here is a photo i just took. I should have taken one with my shirt laying normally because now everyone will know what a fat ******* I am. I was even a little surprised. Good thing I don't spend too much time in the mirror or in front of the camera. ;p

As you can see, it rides low and I am wearing some pretty baggy shorts and a loose t-shirt and it still conceals very well. Alessi is top-notch. You will not be disappointed.

I also have an XD-SC. Have you looked at a smartcarry? Great for deep concealment. Pretty comfortable. Have also worn it from time to time as IWB at 3:00-3:30 position.

UBG makes an amazing product. I carry a 9mm XD SC almost daily and have been very happy with this holster and it was less than a hundred bucks.
    index I have the Canute.

Thanks... I like the looks, etc. of the Canute.... now you cost me some money, but I think it will be well spent.

I have a UBG Canute for my 1911, awesome holster.

Out of curiosity what kind of belt are you using? Get a custom made gun belt, could help (or since price isn't really a problem get a matching set gun and holster from a custom maker).
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

A better holster

look into the dakoda defender by K&D HOLSTERS

Sponsored Links