Noisy Holster

This is a discussion on Noisy Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you only put it on the edges of the slots, you should be fine. Doesn't the carry-lok holster have a plastic retention device in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noisy Holster

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    If you only put it on the edges of the slots, you should be fine. Doesn't the carry-lok holster have a plastic retention device in it? You might try to powder that and see if it is rubbing and making the noise. Also try powdering the belt and the back of the holster. At some point you're bound to find the squeaky culprit if you keep trying new spots.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

2. Remove Ads

Since you've already tried some oils, try saddle soap on the belt loop hole area

Thanks everyone, I forgot to pick up the powder today, I will get it this weekend. Have a good weekend.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    I use Sno-Seal to stop the squeaks. Warm the holster with my wife's hair dryer and then rub the Sno-Seal in. No more squeaks.
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

noisy holsters etc

i was told years ago from andy arritoonian of horse shoe leather who in fact makes one of the best leather holsters around andy's company is based in england and ive been using his holsters now for the last 20+ yrs here is what he told me to do on any leather holsters belte etc. get a can of netrual shoe polish wax and apply it on the outside and the inside of the holsters let it dry a few minutes then with a soft lint free cloth ( an old cotton tee shirt works best ) buff it a few times to remove the excessive wax and it works great and here is the best thing about the wax it does not change or darken the leather, like other stuff of what is not good for leather holsters, like mink oil. neats foot oil etc. use the wax every now and then on all of your leather holsters etc and they will keep good forever so it seams it has for me for the past years try it hope this tip helps you guys and gals out there

Smile broom stick holsters

looked over your web site and i like very much of what you have to sell expecially the iwb with the clips, again good luck with your business as i will be telling the rest of the people on the other few forums that i am on to check out your web site regards

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    NCHornet, when trying the baby powder, don't just concentrate on the belt slots. The noise may be somewhere else, where leather meets leather. Hit the sewn seems and edges with the baby powder and try to work it in, see if that helps.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

If someone asks me what that noise is, I tell them. I tell them it is QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP. :)

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    If someone asks me what that noise is, I tell them. I tell them it is QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP. :)
    Does anyone look at you weird when you tell them you have quality craftsmanship in your pants?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Only my wife.. LOL

Baby powder should do the trick.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Thanks everyone, picking up the Johnson and Johnson today. I plan on dousing the righ pretty good. Hopefully it will get to the squeak. It's hard to be concealed when you sound like the Tin Man walking down the hall.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Just wanted to say Thanks to all that recommended Baby Powder. I finally went and bought a big bottle of it and I laid it to it!! No more squeaking and my holster smells good too!!\
    Thanks Again

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links