Contact Lou Alessi?

Contact Lou Alessi?

This is a discussion on Contact Lou Alessi? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there a telephone number where I can reach Lou to order a holster? Thanks, Jerry...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contact Lou Alessi?

Contact Lou Alessi?

Is there a telephone number where I can reach Lou to order a holster?
    Thanks,
    Jerry

JD
    Administrator
    I found this:

ALESSI CUSTOM CONCEALMENT HOLSTERS, AMHERST, NY on MacRAE?S - Business Info Since 1892

2467 NIAGARA FALLS BLVD
    AMHERST, NY
    14228-3527
    Phone: 716-691-5615

Don't know for sure if it's them or a retailer, but it's the closest I've found so far.

Thanks, JD.
    I have holsters by the top makers, IMO, except Alessi. I am going to order the CQC/S for my Kahr P9.

The wait is not an issue since I have holsters for it, but want one of Lou's holsters to collect.
    I'll give a call tomorrow. I have an email address that was posted not long ago here.

Regards,
    Jerry

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    This is the only one I could find. You might give it a try.
    716 691 5615
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik46 View Post
    This is the only one I could find. You might give it a try.
    716 691 5615
    Thanks mavrik46,

I will call tomorrow, and see who I get.

Regards,
    Jerry

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Thanks, JD.
    I have holsters by the top makers, IMO, except Alessi. I am going to order the CQC/S for my Kahr P9.

The wait is not an issue since I have holsters for it, but want one of Lou's holsters to collect.
    I'll give a call tomorrow. I have an email address that was posted not long ago here.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I'd keep that email private hold it close to the chest, it appears as Mr. Alessi likes his privacy.

I've been wanting one of his rigs as was once sold on the Heinie website, the Heinie/Alessi DOJ, alas the backlog is too great and Heinie is no longer taking orders for them.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'd keep that email private hold it close to the chest, it appears as Mr. Alessi likes his privacy.

I've been wanting one of his rigs as was once sold on the Heinie website, the Heinie/Alessi DOJ, alas the backlog is too great and Heinie is no longer taking orders for them.
    Thanks again, and I will keep the email close. I would rather talk to him than to send email, and hope the telephone number is correct.
    I'll let you know.

Regards,
    Jerry

Famous Alessi

I posted my recent Alessi holsters and not allowed to repost. Do a search. Lou is a great person and excellent holster artist. The 1911 forum has many comments on his holsters.

Ordered and although not required, sent my check the next day. One of my great decisions selecting Alessi. Based on my research, I made the order to two OWB CQ snap. One for my HK USP and another for the HK PSK. Lou and Del Fatti do the orders in thier time, the results are superb.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I have owned several of Lou's holsters for guns over the years , and found them exceptionable in fit finish and durability . I have talked to him on forums and via email . I wont post or share phone nos simply because he has more work than he can say grace over . Mat Del Fatti is similar in quality tho his leather is thicker and he has a waiting list that runs to 2 years in fact of delivery . Now i got impatient with Kevin when my K&D ( which i would honestly class as near or next best thing to an alessi , it isnt horsehide like the alessi holsters i have owned , and in fact horsehide is a problem today in the usa . ) ran into 11 weeks . Lou knows his crap on holsters as good as anyone , but damm too many are either in line or for real reasons jump the line for his leather .

Edited to add that fit , finish , customer service , heck everything but the particular leather avalable K&D reminds me of Lou's business of 20 years ago . Keven now like Lou then listens . You come to him with a half formed idea and he will ask you questions then build you a holster . When he shipped mine he told me anything you dont like send it back and we will fix it ... it was a custom order with custom leather on it . I did not need to ship it back , and my part or not now the design is part of his catalog . He is a gentleman to work with , and strangly i have another " holster design " that i will be calling him and working on . If he can make it he is welcome to the design because like my last one it will be suited to few , but for the few it will be THE holster lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I wont post or share phone nos simply because he has more work than he can say grace over .
    It seems to me that it would be Lou's decision to take on new work or not, as opposed to yours.

As for JD's comment, I don't think it's a privacy issue. Lou may not have a website, but he doesn't appear to need one, either. Word of mouth seems to bring in enough business for him. I have seen Lou post on multiple forums. He has never said anything about keeping his info private. Rather, he gives it out each and every time.

I actually prefer to e-mail him, because it allows him to answer when it's convenient for him as opposed to making him stop what he's doing. My only regret is that he and the staff were on vacation the one time I passed through his neck of the woods.

Mi dos centavos,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Lou Alessi

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I found this:

ALESSI CUSTOM CONCEALMENT HOLSTERS, AMHERST, NY on MacRAE?S - Business Info Since 1892

2467 NIAGARA FALLS BLVD
    AMHERST, NY
    14228-3527
    Phone: 716-691-5615

Don't know for sure if it's them or a retailer, but it's the closest I've found so far.
    I live 5 minutes from his shop. Yes, this is the address for his shop, not a retail outlet. However, he does have a small counter in there where you can walk in for service if you are in the neighborhood. He is a super nice guy and makes top-grade equipment. I carry my XD40SC in a IWB Alessi and sometimes I forget I am wearing a brick on my hip. I am hoping he has a little glove for my LCP and I am going to ask if he will make me an IWB for my Walther PPS. From what I understand the wait times are insane for retail out-of-towners but I haven't had a problem.

Lou's email is lfalessi AT cs DOT com. This is the email he uses for business and he's made no attempt to keep it secret. In my experience, he prefers to communicate through email. He anwered all of my emails within 24 hours and was thorough, prompt, and a sheer pleasure to deal with. Plus he makes great stuff.
    If you call him, he will most likely answer the phone but I got the impression he preferred emails for business. Besides, that way he can send you pics if you need them. Get some of Lou's leather, you will be glad you did.

I opted to use email, and this morning sent my request. I do not expect an answer within a few days, but when it comes it comes.
    Thanks for the help, and am glad to know his address.

Regards,
    Jerry

FYI: If, for whatever reason, you don't wish to order directly from Lou (which is the best route, IMO), you can also order your Alessi leather through RF Holsters. He usually has a few items in stock that he lists on EvilBay.

But again, as long as you've got Lou's contact info, you might as well order direct.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBulldawg View Post
    FYI: If, for whatever reason, you don't wish to order directly from Lou (which is the best route, IMO), you can also order your Alessi leather through RF Holsters. He usually has a few items in stock that he lists on EvilBay.

But again, as long as you've got Lou's contact info, you might as well order direct.
    Thanks, I looked at the RF site but did not find what I was looking for. I also checked Lightning Arms, and they did not have what I need

I look forward to hearing from Lou, and starting the process, and clock running.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links