The New "Thunderbird" from K&D!!!!

This is a discussion on The New "Thunderbird" from K&D!!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "What's the word?" "Thunderbird!" Does each holster come with a free bottle of wine ? "How's it sold?" "Good and cold!" Nice looking holster - ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New "Thunderbird" from K&D!!!!

"What's the word?"
    "Thunderbird!"

Does each holster come with a free bottle of wine?

"How's it sold?"
    "Good and cold!"

Nice looking holster - the name just gave me a flashback.

Joe

2. Remove Ads

Arrow looks nice

I like the idea of have the IWB/OWB combo. I've heard K&D make good holsters. I bought a Mtac for now, might order a Thunderbird someday.

14-16 weeks, that's more like January than November.

give us some feedback after you've worn it a bit.
    What color is the sky in your world?

I said I was half way there!! This means I ordered it awhile ago. Kevin thought around mid Nov at time of ordering!! Yes Kevin makes some beautiful holsters. I am looking forward to adding a couple more to my collection!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I said I was half way there!! This means I ordered it awhile ago. Kevin thought around mid Nov at time of ordering!! Yes Kevin makes some beautiful holsters. I am looking forward to adding a couple more to my collection!!

NCH
    Any updates on this Holster. I just ordered one in black and I'm anxious for feedback. Anyone? Oh BTW, I just signed up for this forum. Great info and experienced members here...

The clips basically clamp around the belt. I am not getting the jean trim on the clips as I will carry IWB for dress only, but it is a great idea. Kevin said he has switched to these new slimmer clips and I am sure they are secure or he wouldn't use them.

NCH
    Here's a little info on the clips. Thanks thinkat...

Comp-Tac : Products

Its a great idea to have one holster to do both so Ive got Erik at Side Guard doing one for me right now.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I thought I would have had the holster by now, 14 weeks was up at Thanksgiving. I will give Kevin a shout this week.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I'm waiting on my Thunderbird as well. Ordered on 8-4-8, so time to call.

Ordered mine 1 Sept 08. I called and it should be done and shipped 1 Jan 09. It has been a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it

The mail runs on Jan 1?

-JT

I really like K&D holsters. I was considering the Dakota defender, but I like the Thunderbird as well. The only thing i'm wondering about is the extra leather at the throat of it, i'm sure this makes the holster a little thicker in the pants, so I would really like to see pics of the thunderbird being worn to see how it performs. I posted a question on the "<a href="http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/28114-lets-see-your-pics-how-you-carry-concealed.html">Lets See Your Pics - How You Carry Concealed</a>" thread (page 35) but nobody has posted anything yet.

Thanks,
    J.D.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    ----------------------------------
    "Let a man never stir on his road a step
    without his weapons of war;
    for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
    of a spear on the way without."

Quote Originally Posted by cobra4246 View Post
    Ordered mine 1 Sept 08. I called and it should be done and shipped 1 Jan 09. It has been a long wait but I am sure it will be worth it
    What??? I ordered mine July 31st. and I haven't heard anything from him. Time for a email or phone call.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I emailed Kevin this morning and he replied back within one hour. here is the truth!! He says they fell behind in shipping and production because of a move to a new location. He says my order, placed on 7/31 is currently being worked on and should ship by this weekend. So I assume that Lone Wolf's order will follow shortly. I am sure the Holster will be well worth the extra wait and I will post pics when it arrives.
    Thanks
    NCH
    Last edited by NCHornet; January 1st, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I emailed Kevin this morning and he replied back within one hour. here is the truth!! He says they fell behind in shipping and production because of a move to a new location. He says my order, placed on 7/31 is currently being worked on and should ship by this weekend. So I assume that Lone Wolf's order will follow shortly. Kevin also says that he has no contact with Cobra 4246, and never promised you that your holster would ship by Jan 1st. So somebody isn't telling the truth and is trying to stir up trouble??? I am sure the Holster will be well worth the extra wait and I will post pics when it arrives.
    Thanks
    NCH
    Truth...humm, heard that many times before from many vendors on many items..Sometimes the "truth" is an "excuse". Just saying..
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Quote Originally Posted by mocarryguy View Post
    Truth...humm, heard that many times before from many vendors on many items..Sometimes the "truth" is an "excuse". Just saying..
    Well, I'll put in a plug here for the situation. I know Kevin and his wife from an ongoing business relationship and regard him as a friend. I do work for him from time to time and he has also done work for me. They are a very busy and, like most custom craftsman, small operation. I watched them go through the agonies of moving a small business while still trying to keep up production. Been there, done that myself and it's no fun. The good news is it looks like things are going smoothly again.

In my experience Kevin is always honest and forthright in what he says. Remember, a one man operation comes to a screeching halt when the flu strikes, a family member becomes extremely ill or injured or any other emergency crops up. Just a fact of life for the small business. Kevin also has precious little time for BS and will usually call things the way he sees them. Some people like that, some don't.

I can tell you for a fact that he gets a whole lot less time off then most people who work a regular job!

I have a Thunderbird convertible myself, a very nice holster and it get's used a lot. It'll be worth the wait!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links