IWB carry

IWB carry

This is a discussion on IWB carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a little help (without all the negative conotation about taurus). I'm looking for an IWB for a Taurus PT 145. Right now I'm ...

Thread: IWB carry

IWB carry

Looking for a little help (without all the negative conotation about taurus).

I'm looking for an IWB for a Taurus PT 145. Right now I'm using a Fobus for a XD45. It's alright but I would really like to have something different. (Something tuckable would be nice)-that won't break the bank.

Thanks
    Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

If guns cause crime, then pens cause illiteracy

Rock Island Armory 1911 compact tactical, Ruger GP 100, Glock 27

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Definitely a K&D Dakota Defender if you can wait.

MTAC or even High Noon Split Decision (only about $40 shipped) if you can't wait or while you're waiting.

Check out Kevin's (K&D) new Thunderbird holster!! There is a post on this forum about them as it isn't on his site yet. I ordered one for my G23 and thinking about one for my 92F.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I'm seriously looking at a Thunderbird too........very nice looking!

A tuckable IWB, look at Comp Tac's MTAC and CTAC's......about$80 and quick turnaround times

Crossbreeds Supertuck IWB is a good one too.

Little Bear Holsters has soom good leather that won't break the bank, quality leather, and very fast turnaround for a custom holster.

Hope that helps.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

mine rides in a crossbreed supertuck.

Administrator
    I cant say enough good things about High Noon, especially at the offered price point.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well I didn't make it two days into my 14 - 16 week wait before adding another Thunderbird and mag carrier for my 92F, if this keeps up I will have new clothing for everything in the safe by the time my wait is over, lol!!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Through the above link...search out Fist...great holsters...reasonable...quick delivery...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    CrossBreed.

I vote crossbreed, very comfortable.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

Had a couple High Noon holsters and ended up sending them back. Just did not work for me. MTAC would be my suggestion, fast delivery, high quality,comfortable and reasonable price. Can also buy additional bodies to fit different guns.

I am not sure what would break the bank. However, it seems if one can afford to shoot at today's prices a holster that was $100 or slightly higher would not break the bank.

Having bought many holsters for several guns, I have concluded that only holsters from the best makers will be satisfactory for me. Other holsters may look nice, and even be pretty good, but they sometimes lack the attention to detail both in design and workmanship that is seen in the top maker's holsters.

It is easy to start out with pretty good holsters, but in time when you see the best you will not be happy with pretty good.

My own opinion is that one should get a kydex paddle or such to make do until Sparks, Del Fatti, or Alessi can deliver. While Brommeland is as good, he has delivery problems that cause many of us not to be interested.

I have holsters by other makers that are good, but those mentioned are just the best. They are well worth the wait, and the cost is not that much more than the second rung makers. The two year wait for a Del Fatti holster might be a little much, but Sparks has something like a 26 week wait. Alessi is a little longer, but not much.

Regards,
    Jerry

Sponsored Links