Holster advice for S&W 327 Night Guard

This is a discussion on Holster advice for S&W 327 Night Guard within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for some good ideas for an IWB holster for a 2.5" barrel S&W Night Guard N-frame revolver. I'd prefer leather belt loops, none ...

Thread: Holster advice for S&W 327 Night Guard

I'm looking for some good ideas for an IWB holster for a 2.5" barrel S&W Night Guard N-frame revolver. I'd prefer leather belt loops, none of that kydex clip stuff.

Any thoughts?

Try cabo holsters.
    I believe the website is: Cabo Holsters Home
    Dave

Thanks! The nice fellow at Cabo tells me he is concerned his holsters won't work all that well with the short-barrel N-frames, he's concerned about retention.

The ideal holster I'm envisioning, from experimenting with my 625, would be one that carried the revolver actually quite low, with the cylinder at/below the beltline, so that pretty much just the grips stick up/out. Basically something that lets me securely/safely Mexican-carry.

Lane at CABO is a good guy. I carried my 625-10 (when I had it) in my N frame CABO with no problems.

Tucker makes a holster like you describe, also HBE Leatherworks.

Dave

I think that revolvers are harder to get good holsters for. If Sparks makes one that is the way to go. I notice on the Lightning Arms site that Lou Alessi makes holsters for revolvers, but I do not know if he makes one for your particular revolver.

Don't skimp. That is a large revolver, and needs the best in a holster and a belt also.

Regards,
    Jerry

Jerry's right, it's hard to find a good N-frame holster, particularly in a short barrel length. Lots of makers will make them so they ride very high, making them hard to draw if you've got short arms or a short torso like me.

Fist Holsters Fist Holsters will make any of their models for any length N-frame, and their IWB's look like they ride fairly low. I've got a couple of their OWB holsters and like them fine, but I haven't tried their IWB's.

John Ralston of 5 Shot Leather 5 Shot Leather, LLC is making me a holster for a 3.5" N-frame and he was very willing to work with me and alter his pattern to fit my gun. He makes really beautiful gear and is a nice guy to deal with.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

I ended up going with a pancake from Rob Leahy at (Simply Rugged). It works great OWB on a good belt, and perfectly for my needs IWB with his "inside-out straps" conversion. I've been using it a couple weeks now, and it's great. Two thumbs up.

Links