Defensive Carry banner

Just found a holster for my Ruger LCP

12K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Captain Crunch 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Doesn't look very secure, bump the muzzle and the gun will be dumped right out. Hope it works out for you.
There are plenty of holsters maker on the MEGA link here on this forum. Many have holsters for the Keltec P3AT and the LCP might fit or they have plans to make one exclusively for it. I have one from UBG for my Keltec

#3 ·
It looks like the belt pressure against the weapon would help retain it but like he said a short barreled gun gets the muzzle pushed up and it doesn't take much to force it out of the holster

#5 ·
In my book...'Not Good'...OMO!:ziplip:
Get a boned leather holster...it's going to be your 'next' purchase anyway.:yup:

Would you park a new Corvette in a tent?

Stay armed...use a good holster...stay safe!

#6 ·
I would look for a holster with better retention, that should have a strap with a thumb break or something to make it SAFE. IMO Even with the belt pressure I know when I get into a vehicle in the driver seat, the seat belt latch would push the gun up for me. I also have a Ruger LCP but would not consider carrying with this holster. Good luck.

#7 ·
A $20 holster is well.... a $20 holster. I'd pass on that particular one for the reasons others have stated.

If it works for ya great! If it doesn't... you have your first holster for that dreaded "holster drawer" that everyone seems to have!

#10 ·
I have been using a Fobus paddle for both my P32 and P3AT. It has a tension screw which adjusts to provide the amount of tension you desire. I am pleased with that holster, and have not looked for anything different.

As small as the gun is, if I do not want to wear it on my belt a pocket carry with holster does well.
Pocket carry is not my favorite way to carry any gun.

Regards,
Jerry

#11 ·
Thanks Tx Husker Fan.... I believe I will be getting one for myself, looks like a well made and above all safe holster. :danceban:

#15 ·
I,m with the others that said it looks like it may not stay in
when bumped on the bottom.
But for $20 you can find out if you like to carry the gun on
the outside of the belt .
it beats spending a lot of money on a carry style you may not like,
and if you do like it you can always buy a better one later

#16 ·
I've been carrying with this $20 holster for almost 2 weeks and love it. You'd have to bump the LCP very hard to force it out of the holster. Btw, this holster is worn INSIDE the belt, but OUTSIDE your pants. Seems like some of you are making more out of this than there is. I'll continue using it about half the time and using this pocket holster the other half.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/pianoman5355317/RugerLCP001.jpg

#17 ·
Just get a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and be done with it!
It's cheap, around $20, holds the LCP perfectly, fits nicely in the pocket, and best of all when you draw, the Nemesis stays put and the LCP comes out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.