Lead time for holster orders

This is a discussion on Lead time for holster orders within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was surfing around last week, thinking of getting a new leather holster when i get a new revolver. (my first pistol ) i saw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i was surfing around last week, thinking of getting a new leather holster when i get a new revolver. (my first pistol )
    i saw a lot of great stuff, the prices are a bit high but the reviews for them are good. so i think the quality must be good.
    i was quite shocked though with the long delivery times! i didn't expect to wait for half a year to get a holster! hahaha. i understand that they are not mass produced so there is no way around that problem.
    please suggest good quality and tested leather holsters that don't take that long to finish. also my price range is from $60 to $90.
    thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thefarmer View Post
    i was surfing around last week, thinking of getting a new leather holster when i get a new revolver. (my first pistol )
    i saw a lot of great stuff, the prices are a bit high but the reviews for them are good. so i think the quality must be good.
    i was quite shocked though with the long delivery times! i didn't expect to wait for half a year to get a holster! hahaha. i understand that they are not mass produced so there is no way around that problem.
    please suggest good quality and tested leather holsters that don't take that long to finish. also my price range is from $60 to $90.
    thanks!!!
    Galco isn't bad, it isn't custom but it's not homemade either.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

i'm looking at Galco's site, they list taurus models 85 2", 85CH 2", and 85 2" titanium.
    i think the 85CH is the one with concealed hammer, anyone know the difference with the titanium and why Galco lists it separately?

A lot of people say the price and quality is worth the wait. I've seen holsters by the big name small shop makers. Not a noticeable step up in quality that I could see. For $100+ for a dead cow/horse holster, it better be here tomorrow, not 9-15 months down the road.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    In the world of holsters as in the world of firearms you are likely to get what you pay for ( not that bargons cant be found ) . Starting out with a new handgun and new to carry about any suitable holster from reputable " big box " makers such as say galco , bianchi , safariland , hume , ect.. should serve you well as you will go thro a period of settling into just how you will carry . Its best to figure out the major points of your carry style before you start getting a custom holster . I love leather , and love my customs , however to this day my day in and day out beater ccw holster is a don hume . I wont subject " good holsters " to the abuse that i put my carry rig thro , and hume is easily and cheaply replaced .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by thefarmer View Post
    thanks!!!
    I really Like the leather holsters from
    Bluegrass Holsters I have two now of Brock's IWB model called ghost and one more on the way of his Mason-Dixon OWB/IWB Convertible holster on order. He is usually only about 30 days out now that he has his designs finished. They are great looking and very comfortable fine leather holsters and should fit the price range you are looking for.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-customer.html
    In God we trust, Everyone else we monitor...

There is a very noticeable difference in holsters from big name makers and the off the rack immediate gratification stuff. The fit,leather quality and stitching on the custom guys are usually alot better. Sure any holster will serve the purpose of holding your firearm. An old Ford Pinto will get you to the same place as a new Lexus/BMW/MB/Cadillac. If you have the money and time/patience then you will very happy by going custom

My lead time is 4 to 5 weeks for a custom holster.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

that's what i was thinking! i have live cows here. i just don't know how to make em into holsters. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    A lot of people say the price and quality is worth the wait. I've seen holsters by the big name small shop makers. Not a noticeable step up in quality that I could see. For $100+ for a dead cow/horse holster, it better be here tomorrow, not 9-15 months down the road.

Try TT Gunleather. I have two of their holsters and the quality is awsome and the lead time is about 8 weeks but I got both in about 4

Discover Fist...
    Go to 'Related Links' above...
    Go to holsters...
    Find Fist...Quality holsters, reasonable prices, 3-5 week delivery. I have dozens of their various holsters, haven't had a bad one yet.

Stay armed...try Fist holsters...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ditto on Fist. The turnaround time is very reasonable, for a well-made holster even with custom alterations. I have a few, as well. Good stuff.

If you're looking for stocking dealers of holsters, consider some of the following ...

Coal Creek Armory for Gary Brommeland holsters. They have a number in stock.

Lightning Arms Sports, which carries Del Fatti, Alessi, Milt Sparks and Galco. They also have a decent in-stock selection.

PackinHeatLeather also keeps a good stock of Bianchi and Galco.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    You could try D.M. Bullard Gun Leather out of Texas. Nice looking holsters.
    His prices are decently low.
    I have one of his Cowboy rigs and it's very nice. I know that he makes concealment gun leather also.
    Do a Google sarch for: D.M. Bullard Gun Leather
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Discover Fist...
    Go to 'Related Links' above...
    Go to holsters...
    Find Fist...Quality holsters, reasonable prices, 3-5 week delivery. I have dozens of their various holsters, haven't had a bad one yet.

Stay armed...try Fist holsters...stay safe!
    + 1. Fist quality and fit is head and shoulders above Galco or Bianchi IMO. The wait is usually 5 weeks and prices are reasonable. I have 4 of them.

I just bought a Kramer pocket holster for a 642. I bought it online 7-28, and it arrived Monday, 8-4. Their website said 4-6 weeks, so I was pretty surprised.

I bought it based only on some good testimonials here. I personally haven't used it, I'm not sure I like it, and I have nothing to compare it to. In fact, I'm looking at it now and the barrel may be hanging on a stitch. But I got it fast for sure, so I'm thinking they're stocking that model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links