Another Satisfied Milt Sparks Customer

This is a discussion on Another Satisfied Milt Sparks Customer within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know that there are plenty of threads patting Milts Sparks on the back, but here is another. I ordered my MS VMII in March ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Satisfied Milt Sparks Customer

Another Satisfied Milt Sparks Customer

I know that there are plenty of threads patting Milts Sparks on the back, but here is another.

I ordered my MS VMII in March and was given an estimated delivery date for the beginning of August. Right on the money, I received it on August 4th. I like the fact that they will not take any more orders than they can handle, this allows the customer to receive the product when promised.

I actually had called to make some changes to my order. The customer service is outstanding. I had a set of kydex belt clips on the original order and one of the reps actually talked me out of getting them. Then I was going to order another set of 1.5" loops in addition to the 1.75" loops that were coming with the holster. The rep talked me out of getting those too. He stated that I should try the 1.75" loops with both belts and if I really needed the other loops I could always order them. What a guy. The guys at Milt Sparks actually care about their customers. They could have made some extra money off of me but would rather have me be a satisfied customer. I was very impressed.

Now for the holster itself. Great quality and very comfortable. I was wearing an MTAC for the last few months which is an awesome holster. But I'm gonna give my VMII a chance. I've been wearing it off-duty for a few days now and the comfort seems to be about the same as the MTAC.

What I like better about the VMII is that the belt loops are very snug, so the holster does not slide around at all. That was the only comlaint that I had about the MTAC with the kydex clips against a leather belt. I was always adjusting it.

The VMII has a great draw, no break in was needed. Easy one hand reholstering is always important to me and the VMII has a nice reinforced mouth which works great.

The retention is very good but not quite as good as my Maxcon V. When I insert an unloaded Glock in my Maxcon V and shake it vigorously upside down that puppy doesn't budge. I was able to shake the Glock out of the VM II which disappointed me a little. But when the holster is attached to my belt and I move around a little the Glock stays in there.

All in all it is a great holster and I will wear it for awhile to put it to the true test of time. I cannot always tell if I like a holster until I wear it for a few months.

Here is a pic of the VMII with my G27:
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Excellent choice, excellent company. My VMII felt a little loose in the retention when I first got it, but as I wore it and practiced with it, the metal band got compressed a little and now the fit is just right.

It makes sense that retention will improve the more the gun is carried in the holster. He didn't get the lead time he has bt making junk!! Enjoy your new leather.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

The retention is adjustable, via the tension band. Tony told me so......

Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz View Post
    Yep, squeeze that puppy if you want it tighter.
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

VIP Member
    That's what I use too... my G-27 just disappears under as little as a tee shirt!

Might I also recommend you look at this for your 27?

G A P H O M E
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Don't forget about the pressure the belt puts on it to hold it. Unless you are hanging upside down and shaken, it is not a fair test.

If ya do that, ya gotta post a video !

Quote Originally Posted by xrmattaz View Post
    I wasn't aware of that. Thanks I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by ozshadow View Post
    Don't forget about the pressure the belt puts on it to hold it. Unless you are hanging upside down and shaken, it is not a fair test.

If ya do that, ya gotta post a video !

Yes, when it is on my belt it does seem better. I'm not too worried about hanging upside down. But there may be a grappling situation when the holster might be nearly upside down. Unlikely, but I like to have all angles covered.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    That's what I use too... my G-27 just disappears under as little as a tee shirt!

Might I also recommend you look at this for your 27?

G A P H O M E
    That does look like it would provide a better grip without sacraficing concealment. Does it have the hole in the bottom for the magazine insert?
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

guys and gals on the forum if you like the milt sparks VM2 holsters check out BRIGADE LEATHER.COM i bought their M11 holster for my glock 21 a few months ago it sells for about $100.00 bucks and the wait time was about 12 wks.
    brigade's quality is like the sparks VM2 top notch for the bucks check out their line of holsters i have bought 2 holsters from Brigade and no complaints great products

After reading the praises of the MS VMII here and hearing that Lightning Arms Sports often has them in stock, I called to ask about a 3" 1911 model for my EMP. Craig answered the phone, checked, and found just one black one in stock. Fortunately, that's exactly what I wanted, and I didn't have to wait 6 months!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    That does look like it would provide a better grip without sacraficing concealment. Does it have the hole in the bottom for the magazine insert?
    Oh yeah, it has to or you couldn't take it back off!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congrats on a fine Holster.

Tony and the gang at Milt Sparks do excellent work.

Biker

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Mighty fine rig. Sparks is always a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Oh yeah, it has to or you couldn't take it back off!
    Oh good. I may have to pick up a few. The reason that I ask is because before I knew any better I had put a peirce extention on my 9 rounder and it did not have the hole for the insert. My fear was that it could work its way forward and eventually my rounds would be bouncing all over the floor.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links