HBE Goodness, Colt Mustang and Commander

This is a discussion on HBE Goodness, Colt Mustang and Commander within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hopyard WOW--Gotta have one. Thanks for posting that JD. That is beautiful. Not a problem, I think I've carried the rig every ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HBE Goodness, Colt Mustang and Commander

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    WOW--Gotta have one. Thanks for posting that JD.

That is beautiful.
    Not a problem, I think I've carried the rig every day since receiving it and I gotta say that I'm quite impressed with it, due to the short muzzle and the overall shape of the rig with the "stabilizing wing", I can wear this just in front of the point of the hip right between an average appendix location and 3 o'clock which give me the best location as far as concealment vs. accessibility is concerned. I can carry it strong side, or behind the hip as the cant is not too severe which is exactly what I wanted, I was worried that too extreme of a cant would negate some carry positions, especially when carrying the standard Mustang which has a smaller grip frame than the +II.

The rig totally disappears under my shrunken Polo shirts where some of my other guns tend to print badly, I haven't done much T-shirt only carry as that's usually not how I dress regardless of if I'm carrying or not, but I don't think I'll have any issues concealing this setup.

The rig is holding up nicely, keeping it's shape and retention even in the heat, I've had some leather that would soften as the day went on, but this is staying nice and firm. I've had no issues with excess dye bleeding off onto clothing, the snaps are not coming undone without being physically undone.

The only bit of a complaint I have is that I still can't fit my whole index finger in the area directly under the trigger guard as it's a little too close to the top edge of the holster, while I can still get a good grip for drawing, it's not the grip that I prefer. I'm going to ask Eric if he might be able to relieve that area a little bit, but I'm in no rush to send this holster away.

Other than that I've got no complaints.

2. Remove Ads

When I saw the original post here on August 7th I ordered one for my Mustang. It came today - a total of 13 days including shipping time. My last holster from a different maker took more like 13 weeks. I'm impressed!

HBE.jpg
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by libertarian5 View Post
    When I saw the original post here on August 7th I ordered one for my Mustang. It came today - a total of 13 days including shipping time. My last holster from a different maker took more like 13 weeks. I'm impressed!
    Very nice, I'm glad to see that Eric is getting some money back on the mold, now I don't feel so bad for asking for a holster that he didn't have a mold for.

Libertarian, you'll love that holster if you don't all ready.

Com 3

Great looking leather as always from Eric. I am considering ordering one for my Mustang . I have one Com 3 now and it's great. I was wondering could one of you guys post a pic with it on so I could see how the ride height is with such a small pistol. If you can I would appreciate it very much.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cashman View Post
    Great looking leather as always from Eric. I am considering ordering one for my Mustang . I have one Com 3 now and it's great. I was wondering could one of you guys post a pic with it on so I could see how the ride height is with such a small pistol. If you can I would appreciate it very much.

I'll try and post some pics tomorrow, it's getting late and I don't feel like playing photo shoot this close to bed time.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Libertarian, you'll love that holster if you don't all ready.
    I do. I am a leftie, and intend to wear it just above my pocket on the front - 11 o'clock. Very comfortable there. Eric had choices of cant and height, and mine has a slight cant and is middle height. I can still stick my hand in the pocket without a problem. Absolutely zero print, even with a thin t-shirt.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Senior Moderator
    That sure is some purty stuff
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by cashman
    Here you go:

HBE2.JPG

HBE3.jpg

Its under there!

Thanks Libertarian

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Great pics....thanks for the kind words. Glad I can help you guys out.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links