Defensive Carry banner

Head's up - I'm ordering Wilderness Stuff

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I just wanted to give ya'll a "heads up" and let you know that I'll be ordering my initial inventory of stuff from The Wilderness later this week. It really is not possible for me to have everything on hand that they make, but I do want to make sure that I have what you guys (and gals) need.

I need to know which belt model that you prefer (Instructor's belt 3-Stitch, Instructor's Belt 5-Stitch, Frequent flyer belt etc). The size (measured as follows: Wrap a tape measure around your waist, thru the belt loops of your pants (WITHOUT wearing a belt) and pull it as tight as you would wear the belt. That number is your size. If you do it with an OWB, an IWB or no holster at all, it should be measured how you intend to wear it). Please include the desired width (Instructor's belts are either 1.5" or 1.75", Frequent Flyer Belts are 1.25") and color choice (Black, Coyote Brown or O.D. Green). If you need any anymore infomation in order to finalize your choices, please go the Wilderness website:
http://thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/3

If you would like to order anything, please call me (423.733.1779)so I can make sure that I have exactly what you want coming. Thank you all for your feedback, and for your support. I appreciate having the opportunity to serve you.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice Tough Looking Gun Belts.

I just hot linked to these two photos because our forum members LOVE to see pictures in the threads. :smile:
Click on the link provided in Gary's thread to get specific information about the specific belt styles &
Important: How To Measure For Your Exact Size Instructions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructors Belt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Frequent Flyer

#3 ·
Ff 1.5" ???

Gary Brommeland said:
Hi all,

I just wanted to give ya'll a "heads up" and let you know that I'll be ordering my initial inventory of stuff from The Wilderness later this week. It really is not possible for me to have everything on hand that they make, but I do want to make sure that I have what you guys (and gals) need.

I need to know which belt model that you prefer (Instructor's belt 3-Stitch, Instructor's Belt 5-Stitch, Frequent flyer belt etc). The size (measured as follows: Wrap a tape measure around your waist, thru the belt loops of your pants (WITHOUT wearing a belt) and pull it as tight as you would wear the belt. That number is your size. If you do it with an OWB, an IWB or no holster at all, it should be measured how you intend to wear it). Please include the desired width (Instructor's belts are either 1.5" or 1.75", Frequent Flyer Belts are 1.25") and color choice (Black, Coyote Brown or O.D. Green). If you need any anymore infomation in order to finalize your choices, please go the Wilderness website:
http://thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/3

If you would like to order anything, please call me (423.733.1779)so I can make sure that I have exactly what you want coming. Thank you all for your feedback, and for your support. I appreciate having the opportunity to serve you.

Sir,

The manufacture web-site shows the FF in 1.5" width but you don't mention it, are you going to carry that one?

Thanks,
Adrian

#4 ·
blacksan said:
Sir,

The manufacture web-site shows the FF in 1.5" width but you don't mention it, are you going to carry that one?

Thanks,
Adrian

I'll be happy to order anything that they make for you. As far as what I'll actually stock, it all depends upon what you want. My purpose is to provide you with the gear that you want/need. Whatever you guys want me to carry, I'll try to stock it for you.
Many business fail to properly serve their customers because the guy ordering the inventory buys what HE thinks is good for his customers. You guys are all big boys - YOU know what you want better than I do. I'd much rather listen to what you want, rather than try to make you buy something that I have lying around.
So guys, talk to me.... :biggrin:

#6 ·
BlueLion said:
Gary I really like the top one is that the frequent flyer. You can mail me with your price. My Garrison belt is wearing out time to step it up.

Howdy!

The top belt is the Instructor's Belt. It is a load bearing belt that can be used for emergency rappels, securing yourself into a helicopter or other "critical applications". It has a breaking strength of around 5-6,000lbs, depending upon the variation.
The instructor's Belt is available in the standard 3-stitch version for $34.95 and the 5-stitch version (much stiffer and the preferred belt for ccw) is $39.95. My shipping charge for just an Instructor's Belt is $5.00.

The lower belt is the Frequent Flier Belt. It is NON LOADBEARING and is intended to just hold up yer britches. The buckle rings are plastic, to avoid having to drop your drawers for the TSA folks. They are $26.95 in 3-stitch, $30.95 for 5-Stitch, and $35.95 for a polymer lined C.S.M. model. It is my understanding that they will work well for CCW in the 5-Stitch version.

#11 ·
Hey folks,a quick review of the fequent flyer belt from the wilderness. I flew home over the Thanksgiving holiday wearing the FF belt. The belt is comfortable,wears well,and supports either your IWB or OWB & mags as well as the regular instructor belt. Best of all because the buckles are hardcore molded plastic,you get no ringy,dingy as you pass through the metal detector while going through airport security,while still holding everything up and in place like a great belt should.

#12 ·
Cliff said:
Hey folks,a quick review of the fequent flyer belt from the wilderness. I flew home over the Thanksgiving holiday wearing the FF belt. The belt is comfortable,wears well,and supports either your IWB or OWB & mags as well as the regular instructor belt. Best of all because the buckles are hardcore molded plastic,you get no ringy,dingy as you pass through the metal detector while going through airport security,while still holding everything up and in place like a great belt should.

Thanks for the info Cliff, I was wondering how well they supported a full weight carry rig. I might have to order one of those later on as well ... I know where to get them now. :wink:
Jack

#13 · (Edited)
Folks I just got off the phone with Gary Brommeland and I've got to tell you, he's a real class act. I called just to order an Instructor's belt and we talked about everything from my preferences in holsters to my next gun purchase - even helped me narrow down my choices from three to one ... a 5" SA Milspec (with some tweaking). We even spent some time discussing defensive loads for my .38spl. J-frame. This guy knows his stuff!

Can't remember when I've had a better phone conversation that gave me so much useful information - I think we talked for almost an hour.

Thanks for all your help Gary, I'll definitely be in touch when I get that Springfield and we'll set up a carry rig for it ... or two.
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.