Carry Options for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Carry Options for a Kimber Pro CDP II

This is a discussion on Carry Options for a Kimber Pro CDP II within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Everyone, After probably a month and a half of comparing and contrasting different pistols, I decided to go with the Kimber Pro CDP II. ...

Thread: Carry Options for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Question Carry Options for a Kimber Pro CDP II

Hey Everyone,

After probably a month and a half of comparing and contrasting different pistols, I decided to go with the Kimber Pro CDP II. .45ACP, Perfect handle/grip, Love the trigger pull and DARN SEXY! Now that I am in my "three day waiting period," I need to buy a holster.

I want an IWB Holster however, my "figure" makes this a little annoying. I am 6ft 1in and 160 lbs so I am not the bulckiest fellow out there. I bought a little 12 dollar generic nylon one that actually fits my Kimber very well (Perfect length, easy draw, covers the trigger and the safety too) however, I have been looking in the mirror at all kinds of positions around my strong side and I just cannot get the print to go away. The generic is nice but I think I want a better one.

The two qualtiy holsters I was looking into so far are Milt Sparks and Comp Tac. From what I have heard, Milt Sparks' holsters are some of the best out there and I really would like one but 26 months is a long time to wait for something I will need on friday lol. As for Comp Tac, I dunno how a Kydex holster will fair with my gun but I do like the adjustable cant which seems to be a necessity with me cuz the only way I can get the bottom of the grip to go away is to Cant the crap out of it.

What do you fellow Kimber Pro sized pistol carriers or anyone who is my sized/shaped use to conceal? I do live in FL which is mighty hot so keep that in mind (no gigantic Over ocat cover garment.)

Just keep calling (not checking online) Lightning Arms and Top Gun until one of them has the MS VM II in stock. Get on their e-mail lists for those holsters when they come in in case you forget to keep calling. They'll get it sooner than you'd get one ordering through MS. You'll have to pay a bit more, but it's well worth it and percentage-wise, it's nothing.

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan M. View Post
    Just keep calling (not checking online) Lightning Arms and Top Gun until one of them has the MS VM II in stock. Get on their e-mail lists for those holsters when they come in in case you forget to keep calling. They'll get it sooner than you'd get one ordering through MS. You'll have to pay a bit more, but it's well worth it and percentage-wise, it's nothing.
    That's what my Pro-CDP calls home....!
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

I use the MTAC IWB with my Kimber Pro CDP II. It is Kydex and leather, is very comfortable, tuckable, lower cost, fast turnaround, etc. The Kydex has not caused any noticeable wear on my gun after 1 year - if you are worried about that.

I don't know what you mean by canting to get the "bottom of the grip to go away". I cant mine forward as much as can be done and the holster holds the gun tight to my side w/grip above my belt line.
    Kimber Pro CDP II

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

quote From what I have heard, Milt Sparks' holsters are some of the best out there and I really would like one but 26 months is a long time to wait for something I will need on friday lol. end quote

Try 26 weeks, and you might want to place an order. That time will pass, and then you will have your holster. In the meantime try a good kydex that you will continue to use, maybe as a range holster.

Regards,
    Jerry

You have to be kidding me...26 months to wait for a holster? You'll have a new gun by then.

Go to the above 'Related Links'...
    Go to holsters...
    Find Fist holsters...

See holsters by number...find #1A IWB w/clip and cant...add a body protector...you will have a quality holster in 3-5 weeks.
    I have over 6 of this specific holster (especially for my Kimbers)...works very well.
    The clip is very strong...I have 5 year-old holsters that are still great and the clip is just as strong as the day they arrived...will not come off without you taking it off...and it is easy on/off.
    Others here can tell you about Fist quality.
    Additionally, there are some fine holster makers here on the forum...I take nothing away from them.

Stay armed...try Fist...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 for Eric at HBE Leatherworks. That's what I have for my Kimber CDP II and I love it. Great holster and it fits tight against your body so there is no printing.

Didn't anyone notice my post above? I just ordered an Axiom on the 6th of Aug. The waiting time is quoted to be from 20 - 26 WEEKS.

Tony and his folks do what they say, and that is not a long wait considering the quality.

Regards,
    Jerry

Yet another vote for the Sparks VMII, it's where my Pro Carry rides.

26 WEEKS is very reasonable for one of the highest quality holsters I've ever handled.

VIP Member
    I also carry my 1911's in a VM-II.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Sponsored Links