Josh Bulman - Page 3

Josh Bulman

This is a discussion on Josh Bulman within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; orangehole. I'm glad that you clarified that comment and so avoided the Magic DefensiveCarry Disappearing Act of your initial post and all of the follow-up ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh Bulman

Administrator
    orangehole.
    I'm glad that you clarified that comment and so avoided the Magic DefensiveCarry Disappearing Act of your initial post and all of the follow-up replies.
    All is well that ends well...I guess.

Good luck with your gear order Steve, let us know when/if it comes in.
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Still nothing and still no response to phone messages or emails. Just can not figgure this man out.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Doesn't sound good Fed. Hope you hear something soon.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    ANother reason I refuse to pay up front for anything. A deposit is one thing but never full payment, just as soon do without!
    I won't either and can't figure how anyone would agree to pay up front for anything. Odd business practice that seems to be accepted by many freely.

I prefer to pay in full when I place an order. Money's pretty tight here and I know something might come up later where I won't have the money when the order's ready - so that leaves the maker stuck with an order and me being the cause, I don't like that.

If I place an order when I have the cash and pay for it in full up front then I know it's covered. I'll be able to get the order I've been drooling over and the maker won't end up eating the cost of something he thought was already sold.
    Guess it comes down wanting to do right by others. Yeah, I've sometimes gotten the short end of the deal but at least I know I won't be doing it to others. Does that make any sense?
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    I prefer to pay in full when I place an order. Money's pretty tight here and I know something might come up later where I won't have the money when the order's ready - so that leaves the maker stuck with an order and me being the cause, I don't like that.

If I place an order when I have the cash and pay for it in full up front then I know it's covered. I'll be able to get the order I've been drooling over and the maker won't end up eating the cost of something he thought was already sold.
    Guess it comes down wanting to do right by others. Yeah, I've sometimes gotten the short end of the deal but at least I know I won't be doing it to others. Does that make any sense?
    Jack
    Jack,
    If by your own personal preference you choose to pay up front for an order that will take weeks, months, or years to complete. And you choose to do so of your own volition that is one thing. It is quite another for a maker to demand full payment up-front, for an order that the maker has no reasonable idea when they will be able to complete.

As far as makers getting stuck with orders go; I ship hundreds of orders out each month. Most, if not all, are credit card orders that are paid for on the day they ship. On some shipping days we may have a credit card or two that gets declined for various reasons. 9 times out of 10, the card owner will get back to us (most of the time on the same day) and straighten it out. For the one card owner that doesnít get back to us and leaves us hanging on an order, we just simply will not do business with them any longer. Those orders are simply broke up and sold to the next person in line with identical order specs.

Since our customers can wait up to 6 months before they take delivery of their orders. And since most who have decided they no longer had a need, or a willingness to wait, have had the courtesy to notify us well in advance that they wished to cancel their orders. I donít buy the getting stuck with a completed order argument as being a major problem. Especially since my experience with the matter has proven otherwise.

Jack, I would assume just by the little bit I know of you, that you wouldnít leave a maker hanging without so much as a phone call in advance to let them know you werenít able, or might not able to go through with a transaction. Very few people would be so rude. Of course if the maker doesnít answer the phone or reply to email, then I suppose that knowing that someone wanted to cancel an order may prove to be problematic.

T
    Second Best is not an option

Quote Originally Posted by T. Kanaley View Post
    For the one card owner that doesn’t get back to us and leaves us hanging on an order, we just simply will not do business with them any longer.
    That's the other part of why I choose to pay up front. When I find a maker I like, I tend to go back to them for future needs. I'm pretty hard to impress when it comes to quality, so there are only a handful of makers I prefer to buy from (yes, you're one of them). Paying up front means I'll be able to place future orders with that maker if I need to.

My last post wasn't defending a business practice of demanding payment up front, only why I choose to pay that way. I was actually responding to this statement:

[I] can't figure how anyone would agree to pay up front for anything.

Jack

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Been waiting since January, not a word nor does he respond to e-mail or phone calls. I have several of his rigs and they are very well built. Guess I'll chalk this up to experience and order from someone I know will at least acknowledge me. As an example, I made a fairly large order with Alex Nossar and he constantly called me (stiil does as we have become good frends) to update. For him to call from Peru says a lot for the man and his business practices!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links