Josh Bulman

Josh Bulman

This is a discussion on Josh Bulman within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has ANYONE heard (in person) from Mr. Bulman lately? I have emailed, left messages on his answering machine and have not heard a peap. It's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Bulman

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar

Josh Bulman

Has ANYONE heard (in person) from Mr. Bulman lately? I have emailed, left messages on his answering machine and have not heard a peap. It's been ten months and still not a word or holster and I'd really just like to know what the hey is going on.

Thanks.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I talked to him about a week ago. He's been on vacation/camping. E-mail didn't work for me either and voice mail was full for the time he was gone. I f yours has been 10 months theres a problem, he's running about 20 weeks.

Wow that really sucks. I am on my 4th month in waiting for my order. I just hope it shows up on my doorstep one day. I still think Josh is one of the finest holster makers out there today so the waiting is worth it. When i called 4 months ago, I must have gotten lucky because he picked the phone right up.

Hang in there

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I have had an order in since the Jan/Feb time frame and haven't heard nothing nor does he respond to e-mails or answer calls.

He probably tells everyone 20 weeks but I have heard of 1 year waits. It will show up one day i guess.

You have to call until he answers the phone. Don't leave messages or e-mail. If you want a Bulman you just wait 'til it shows up.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    I have had an order in since the Jan/Feb time frame and haven't heard nothing nor does he respond to e-mails or answer calls.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the first part of Jan. I have called and sent emails but haven't heard anything from him either.

Don't you just love to do business with a person who always gives you a time that he never meets?
    I just do not deal with such. No one is that good. His holsters look good on his site, and I have considered one, but I do not need that degree of aggravation.

Regards,
    Jerry

Administrator
    There is no excuse for for that.
    He would be on my personal "never place an order with" list.
    There are plenty of other fine makers out there who will answer the phone (at least once in 10 months) or spend the 30 Seconds to "quick~reply" E-mail even if it's just to let you know that they are still alive and kicking.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Unfortunately with the exception of Milt Sparks this practice is getting to be the norm and it's just bad business. If they have that much work they should just do like Matt Del Fatti and shut down till caught up. The only reason I'm not worried is that my good buddy Lou Alessi assured me that Josh will come thru, unfortunately Lou did not have the dummies to make what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    Unfortunately with the exception of Milt Sparks this practice is getting to be the norm and it's just bad business. If they have that much work they should just do like Matt Del Fatti and shut down till caught up. The only reason I'm not worried is that my good buddy Lou Alessi assured me that Josh will come thru, unfortunately Lou did not have the dummies to make what I needed.
    I didn't want to enter into this discussion, but since my name has been mentioned, I feel compelled to address that comment. I have not "shut down". Rather, I am not taking any NEW orders while I work on reducing my backlog. And in spite of the fact that I'm not taking new orders right now, WE STILL ANSWER THE PHONE AND RESPOND TO VOICE MAIL AND EMAIL. I understand makers getting behind. I don't understand businesses not maintaining contact with their existing customers (or future customers for that matter) whether they eventually "come through" or not.

Matt - when you reduce your backlog will your lead time still be two years or is your goal less than that?
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Matt, Sorry but my saying "Shut down" was misunderstood. I was simply trying to state that you were no longer taking new orders, perhaps I should have stated "Shut Down to New Orders". I'm glad we agree on the fact that it's poor business practice to ignore customers.

In a way I hate to add more to the thread, but every time I see Matt's name I want to post what a gentleman he is who has the customer's satisfaction at heart.
    He is also a superb craftsman and no one is better.

Regards,
    Jerry

Matt:
    When you decide to resume taking orders there's plenty of us just waiting to place orders with you. I've got a Nighthawk Custom just begging for something special in exotic skin.
    Jack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links