New IWB for Walther PPS

New IWB for Walther PPS

This is a discussion on New IWB for Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted an IWB I could get off the shelf so I fitted up a Don Hume H175-M for Kel-Tec and tried it on my ...

Thread: New IWB for Walther PPS

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

New IWB for Walther PPS

I wanted an IWB I could get off the shelf so I fitted up a Don Hume H175-M for Kel-Tec and tried it on my Walther PPS and it fits like a glove. It's not too pretty like some of the fancy leather here but it fits nice and slips into the waist real good. And it was only $35 so even if I wanted something different in the future the out-of-pocket wasn't that bad. I would have preferred to have a piece of leather that covered the part of the slide that touches my skin but this will have to do for now.

Nothing like a little improvisation...good on ya!

Brian

How do you like the PPS...

It's on my "got to have list"

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post

Is it ok to LOVE a gun? If it isn't than I'm in trouble. The PPS is a superb machine. Supremely accurate and built to exacting German specifications. You will only need a few minutes with it to notice these things and appreciate them. After I had my first range session with it I knew it would be my 24/7 carry. That new holster I got yesterday works great too. I have had it on since 8 this morning and don't even notice it. While I also appreciate my XD40SC with an Alessi IWB the same cannot be said about the carry comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post

I like my PPS a lot. Exceptionally pleased with it in fact.
    A girl can never have too much jewelry or too much weaponry.

- Princess Meredith NicEssus

VIP Member
    I've shot the PPS several time and I love the feel of it. Just couldnt get use to that mag release.

I have one, too.....Love it like no man should love a handgun....
    Ex-MA Hole on THR and TFL, too.

Nice gun... Nice holster. Nothing wrong with Don Hume. I know several people who own Don Hume (all of them LEO's who give them a lot of wear). Actually one of the better commercially made holsters out there from what I've heard.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

personally ive found the don hume molds for the glocks to be pretty sloppy, and loose fitting, but his PPS mold may be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    personally ive found the don hume molds for the glocks to be pretty sloppy, and loose fitting, but his PPS mold may be much better.
    This is not for PPS, it was for a Kahr or KT (I can't remember) but it was only $30 and it fits the PPS like a glove.

I admit that I like pretty, and the best workmanship and design in my holsters.
    There are few makers who suit my taste now.

But when it gets down to it, the purpose of a holster is to hold the gun securely, fit the body well, and permit a smooth draw. I have used holsters that I might not buy now, but they worked as intended.

One of the first IWB holsters I bought was a Hume 715. Not pretty, or had the workmanship of a Sparks, but it held the gun and it worked.

So if a Hume holster works that is great. The user is the one to be pleased.
    In time, especially if he hangs around here, one will probably want a holster from a top maker, but in the meantime he will have a holster that works for him, and permits the waiting time for the best.
    I doubt that anyone ever got hurt or shot because he was wearing a Hume holster instead of an Alessi.

Regards,
    Jerry

Wife always checks your for posts. She bought a P99C a while back. You are giving her major buyer's remorse (and I think when she sees the holster, it is going to add to it).

It is hard for her to CC (as it is for many women given their body shape).

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    I admit that I like pretty, and the best workmanship and design in my holsters.
    There are few makers who suit my taste now.

But when it gets down to it, the purpose of a holster is to hold the gun securely, fit the body well, and permit a smooth draw. I have used holsters that I might not buy now, but they worked as intended.

One of the first IWB holsters I bought was a Hume 715. Not pretty, or had the workmanship of a Sparks, but it held the gun and it worked.

So if a Hume holster works that is great. The user is the one to be pleased.
    In time, especially if he hangs around here, one will probably want a holster from a top maker, but in the meantime he will have a holster that works for him, and permits the waiting time for the best.
    I doubt that anyone ever got hurt or shot because he was wearing a Hume holster instead of an Alessi.

Regards,
    Jerry
    I have an Alessi for my XD .40 SC and while it is superior in terms of craftsmanship it is equal to the Hume in utility.

I agree that the Don Hume H175-M works great for the PPS. My wife carries a PM-9 in a Mitch Rosen IWB and just bought the Don Hume for her new PPS (as a backup carry gun just in case the wrong political party gets in office - I am not kidding, that is her rationale and I love it).. The H175 also works well for my Kahr CW9.

Links