Gotta brag on my SuperTuck - Page 2

Gotta brag on my SuperTuck

This is a discussion on Gotta brag on my SuperTuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by KSJustice I don't know if any of you are making a cut on SuperTucks and beltman but you should be. After reading ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta brag on my SuperTuck

Quote Originally Posted by KSJustice View Post
    I don't know if any of you are making a cut on SuperTucks and beltman but you should be. After reading this thread I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade my rig. God this forum costs me a lot of money.
    Hey, now there's an idea. Nah, no cut for me. And yes, associating on this site has cost me some cash too. I guess its like window shopping and Consumer Reports all in one, we get to hear from others about good and bad equipment and then try the ones we like the best for our own collections. For example, I told my Wife last night I wanted to build matching 1911s for me and her Dad for Christmas or something; then I told her about what the cheapest it would cost was. Funny thing is all she did was say, "Hmm, that would be nice".
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    Kelley's does carry our products but only for "over the counter sales"
    They have been carrying our holsters for some time and are aware of this.

Due to an unfortunate issue with one dealer and also due to the well known problems with another holster maker in this regard, we no longer allow our dealers to ship out product, cash and carry only.

Thanks 'fer listenin'
    Sometimes things go south. I did not know about them until you steered me in that direction. But none the less, I won't refer them out any longer - just directly to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by KSJustice View Post
    I don't know if any of you are making a cut on SuperTucks and beltman but you should be. After reading this thread I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade my rig. God this forum costs me a lot of money.
    No cuts here. Just a simple product that works (comfortable). Most will give an honest review of the products that they have purchased. After investing in other high $$$ holsters - I really did not have high expectations for the CB - but it is awesome in the comfort arena. With the V clips it is much more stealth. It is worth a two week try. Mine is for a Glock 27. But I have also carried the 23 in it.

Lined Super Tuck

Does any one know if the Super Tuck Holster is leather Lined? I carrya SW1911 5 inch and dont wnat to scratch the pistol Paid too Much for the 1911 to get it scratched by a holster.

It is not lined, but I have considered lining mine. I figure a little craft adhesive and some sort of soft felt or similar, but I am afraid it will void the warranty.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Lining it might actually cause more problems with scratches and wear, as felt, suede etc catch and hold dirt & grit. Smooth leather and kydex cause the least amount of wear, but ANY holster is going to cause some wear on the gun you tote around it. Best to just accept that fact and move on.

If you are too afraid of getting a mark on your gun, then leave that one home in the safe and get yourself another one that you can use without regret. A gun you carry is going to get sweat, lint, dirt on it, just like the car you drive. If you want to remain in showroom condition, better leave it in the showroom.

Wow! I just received my SuperTuck yesterday for my XD-45 Service. I ordered it on Friday or Saturday. Either way, it took less than a week to get to my door. Awesome service!

Now I just have to find out what position works for me. I'm 5'7" @ 135lbs and so far, the only comfortable position for me is the 1-2 o'clock position. Anything past 2 and it sits right on my hip bone and doesn't conform well to my shape. Also messing with the clips and changing the positions to get a comfortable cant is tricky. I like an aggressive forward cant with the gun sitting low.

How do others have their clips set up?

smn
    Another +1 for the SuperTuck. I wear it all the time and it carries the XD .45ACP compact comfortably day in and day out.

I have just moved mine back from 3 to 4 o'clock and I have my clips set, if you look at it as I am wearing it, the front clip is in the 2nd from the bottom hole and the back clip is in the bottom hole so I can have a little more cant.

As far as lining my ST, as Sass stated, I have heard that debris can get caught in the lining and cause more damage. I think I'll just follow the instructions on molding the ST a little more to prevent my pistol from moving around as much. I am not as worried about the finish but the retention.

-Paco

+1 for the Supertuck. I actually bought a Crossbreed holster for my Ruger P345, but after selling the Ruger, I remolded the holster with a heat gun to fit my Glock 30. It fits the Glock like a glove after remolding and just a small bit of kydex trimming. I can't say enough about the comfort. I bought a MTAC before I sold the Ruger, so now I have both holsters for the same Glock. I prefer the Crossbreed, and when the leather wears out, I'm gonna send it to Mark and hopefully he can put a new piece of leather on it for me. It's a great holster and it has good retention. Buy this holster, and you won't be sorry.
    Last edited by Shima; August 22nd, 2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typo

The price is right too. I know a full leather custom is worth it as it is much a piece of art as it is functional, but honestly since no one (hopefully) will ever see my plain looking SW40VE I need a functional holster first.

If I ever build the dream 1911, I'll then maybe get me a $200 holster for it.

-Paco

Super Tuck Holsters

I have have 2 super tucks and 1 standard holster for my carry weapons. I carry a 9mm CZ-85 full size, a .40 HK USP full size (super tuck) and my Sunday got to meetin' gun a Sig 232 (standard).

I have worn these holsters every where that I can and have not had any comfort problems with them, other than the initial adjustments to get them set. I have even carried my CZ and the Sig when playing touch football with our church youth group with no one being the wiser of what is on my hip. I usually carry my cell phone in front of the gun to disguise any lumps.

The super tucks are in my opinion the best for concealed carry.

As for wear on the gun, that is to be expected. I bought these 3 specifically for concealed carry. The guns I want to keep as new stay in the box.

Great holster. I alternate between a belly band right around my ribcage and the supertuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links