Max-con 5 and pouch arrive for my new primary. Yes!!!

This is a discussion on Max-con 5 and pouch arrive for my new primary. Yes!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I broke down and bought a Wilson Combat CQB compact a little while back and now it is complete. I have maxcons for my glock, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I broke down and bought a Wilson Combat CQB compact a little while back and now it is complete.

I have maxcons for my glock, kahr, and jframe and believe they are truly the best holster made bar none.

Craftsmanship is superb, but the subtleties in the design make this holster perfect. Note the distance between the belt loops, which stabilize the gun, the proper angle for concealment, and what I believe the most import thing on this holster for a compact gun is the flange near the end of the barrel which distributes the weight and keeps the barrel/slide end from digging in to your body.

My description won't do it justice, call Gary and ask him what will make his holsters work for your gun.

I am aware that I tend to gush over this guys products but they are that good.
    Attached Images
    The Marshmallowist

GB is da man. Do you have one of his dress belts? That is the best investment in a belt I've made. I keep tellin' folks that a Max Con will hide most any reasonable handgun on 99% of the population. I have toted a 5" steel 1911 for damn near days at a time in comfort. Yeah, the flange on the lower rear of the compact models is the trick for comfort. Otherwise, the muzzle would dig into you. The flange allows the holster to glide along the hip and cheeck when you move. Especially when sitting, the MaxCon design really shows what kind of r&d Gary puts into his designs.
    I've got MaxCons for my 1911's, a Kahr e9, and if I have any dinero left after the Holidays, I'm gonna order one for a glock 19.

Congrats on the new leather, dude. Wear it well!

Dan

Lead Moderator
    Can't wait to get mine, the 1911 is almost broken in to the carry stage too! Glad ya like the holster, I am sure mine will be excellent.

rocky,
    I know Gary well. I know what will and what WILL NOT leave his shop. What will never leave his shop is a product with any sort of flaw. None. I have seen him complete a holster, give it one final check, find a hairline fault in the leather on the rear of the holster, and start building his customer a new one. No poopoo. He is that dedicated to giving his customers (i am proud to be one) only the best. Thats also what kind of person he is. He will tell you what he thinks. He has straightened me out on a coupla issues in the past by being honest and somewhat blunt about them. I thank him for that.
    Anyway, rock, the wait is worth it. You'll understand when you've put some miles on your rig.

Dan

I have two Max Con v's. One for my Govt. Model and one for my G27. I also have a Watch-Six for my P-12. I like the Max Con's better than the WS. The WS is a very good holster, but Gary's rigs are more stable and stay put better...

Love mine too!!!!!!

I am at about the 30 day mark with the Max-Con V and it's a really well made holster to say the least. It's comfortable, concealable and does not move at all! I know 30 day's is not that long but I wear it a minimum of 12 hour's a day and it show's absolutly no wear at all, I inspect it often just to see if I can see any wear starting and it is just like I got it 30 day's ago.

Ti.

Ordered one for my P12. Can't wait for it to come in. Never seen one in person, but with all I've heard about his products, I feel I'm doing the right thing.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

DC Founder
    I have one that I use with both my Kimber and my Nighthawk and have to agree that Gary makes the best and most comfortable IWB holster I have ever seen. The Max Con V doesn't become uncomfortable or "heavy" with extended wear as other holsters do.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

jd, I have his belts but am waiting on a new one too.

Somehow the ones I have shrunk in the last 10 years. Or something. Someday I WILL wear them again.

The thing with his belts is the slight curve that makes the holster conceal better. I'm pretty sure he recommends a proper gunbelt for optimum performance of his gear.
    The Marshmallowist

Yeah, I love his belts. They wear with my jeans, and still look good with my wedding/funeral suit.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by soflasmg
    jd, I have his belts but am waiting on a new one too.

Somehow the ones I have shrunk in the last 10 years. Or something. Someday I WILL wear them again.
    Well, you'd get your belts a bit faster if you didn't keep callin' me up and tellin' me to make 'em longer!

Seriously, I am doing some belts today and Monday. Yours is in the batch. (I did have to kill an extra cow though )

BTW, thanks to all for the kind words. It's nice to hear that ya'll like my work.
    Last edited by Gary Brommeland; December 4th, 2005 at 08:38 PM.

GB is shipping mine in time to be here for Christmas...saved my wife from having to spend time shopping for me. I just know she'll appreciate that...
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Gary's workmanship and design efforts are apperent right out of the box, but the true test is time. Mine keeps getting better, and although my belt was butt ugly (right Gary) it is the best gun belt I have ever used by a margin of 10. I got a Watch 6 for a gun Gary doen't have a mold for, just so I would have something to carry it in untill I decided if it was a keeper or not. It is a good holster, but not in the same leage as Gary's work.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Just ordered a max con v, belt, and a mag pouch. can't wait to receive it. Gary was very helpful on the phone and I am sure it will be a good product, and if it isn't....I am sure he will make it right. My theory-if you buy the best.you will always be happy with it. I hope what you all say is right, gary is the best.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Dont know how i missed it first time btu that is a good looking holster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links