Defensive Carry banner

or those with "good and sufficient reason"...

3K views 36 replies 31 participants last post by  jofrdo 
#1 ·
Carrying a post over from another forum.

What type of holster and clothing do you wear when you carry at church?

For example, do you wear OWB or a shoulder rig with a jacket or maybe IWB with just a shirt and tie?

#2 ·
G30 in a Predator SO-2 IWB tuckable Kydex holster,
sometimes a Polo tucked in
sometimes sportcoat/dress slacks, shirt tucked inside the holster sometimes outside the holster (tucked into it as designed)

#3 ·
until I get a tuckable holster, it is ankle carry for me.

I like to take my jacket off, so no IWB or OWB for me.

#5 ·
they wear jeans and Dockers at my church.

#8 ·
Usually a Hawaiian shirt to cover my 1911 in a VM-II. :wink:

#11 ·
Since I don't wear an untucked shirt, and also don't wear a jacket, I carry my 642 in a Mika pocket holster. Even with dress pants, it does not print and is quite comfortable.

#13 ·
Until my K&D Thunderbird gets here I carry Sig P232 in a Don Hume 721OT , I have a good gun belt that pulls the holster in nice and tight. I usually where a untucked Polo or button down the front shirt. Our church is casual. When I get the Thunderbird I will be able to tuck in my shirt. I also have my NAA Guardian in my right front pocket.

NCH

#16 ·
What type of holster and clothing do you wear when you carry at church?
If pocket carry, the standard pocket holster and off-hand double magazine carrier.

If IWB, then with a shirt tucked over and a covering garment (coat or larger shirt), with an off-hand double mag carrier.

No different than anywhere else.

#17 ·
Shorts and dress shirt (shirt hanging out) for Sunday service. I carry a Kimber in a Fist #1A IWB holster with a clip and cant, at 3:30.:ziplip:

(If Jesus would have made a gun appear...it would have been a Kimber.:yup:)

Stay armed...at church, too...stay safe!

#18 ·
Summer: Kimber Pro CDP II, in an MTAC IWB tucked with dress shirt
and tie

Winter: Same untucked w/dress jacket added.

#19 ·
Ref. people knowing a middle aged man wearing a untucked shirt is carrying. It may be a little arrogant to assume that. Most people don't give a thought to who may be carrying unless they themselves carry a gun.

At church, I wear a jacket with an IWB holster and a Kahr P9 under my right elbow. It's comfortable, easy to get to, and won't be seen unless you get really careless about your movements. Wearing a gun where I do (under the elbow), I never forget that I have it on.

Good shooting...if absolutely necessary.

#20 ·
In the beginning :smile: I used a SmartCarry.

Then IWB (with BUG in SmartCarry), after I learned to buy cover clothes but before I had a small BUG.

Today OWB with BUG in offside pocket.

Clothes are dress casual, with untucked shirt. I'll move back to IWB for primary as soon as both holster and myself fit inside the pants. :embarassed:

Murphy's law in operation:
Cleaned out my closets and clothes stored in the basement for the first time in 12 years, gave away or threw away 9 bags of clothes, including several pants that were 2" too big in the waist. I had resolved never to gain that weight back, so I got rid of all the oversized pants.

Then a few months later started on my journey with CCW. Now I wish I had those pants back. :frown: If only I had waited 12 1/2 years to clean my closet. :twak:

#26 ·
I wear my expensive blue jeans or black slacks and carry my 1911 in my C-TAC. Sometimes I have a shirt tucked in and bloused. Sometimes it is not.

I almost always carry my third mag to church. Last Saturday I wore my OWB double mag pouch with a long tailed shirt. Other times, I have my third mag in my front, left pocket (second goes in rear, left pocket). If I could lawfully carry my Kalashnikov to church, I would, and it would probably be welcomed.

#27 ·
I almost always carry my third mag to church.
Wise I think, there are a lot of others that depend upon us old sheep dogs for protection.

I carry two extra 13 rd mags and a Kel Tec PF-9 as BUG.

All this in cargo shorts and an untucked polo shirt or Hawaiian shirt. Yeah, at Calvary Chapel we're a bit casual...oh well...

#30 ·
What type of holster and clothing do you wear when you carry at church? For example, do you wear OWB or a shoulder rig with a jacket or maybe IWB with just a shirt and tie?
I suppose it depends upon the quality of the church air conditioning, and your tolerance for heat. With good air conditioning, one can never go wrong with a suit and tie to conceal his favorite method of carrying. After all, who would ever suspect a member dressed like the preacher of packing.

P.S. All of this is said with the assumption that church carrying is permissible in your jurisdiction and church.

#32 ·
one can never go wrong with a suit and tie to conceal his favorite method of carrying.
If I wore a coat and tie...I'd stick out like an IRS agent at a BBQ...point taken though. :gah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.