k&d customer service

This is a discussion on k&d customer service within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maqueswell Well for all the good reviews that Kevin gets, thats when i rear my ugly head. I am unhappy with Kevin ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: k&d customer service

Quote Originally Posted by maqueswell
    Well for all the good reviews that Kevin gets, thats when i rear my ugly head. I am unhappy with Kevin right now. I placed an order for my Cochise Defender on 02 Jan 06, I sent him an email on 09 Feb 06 asking for an update. I received an email from him on 11 Feb 06 stating that he was still working on a large order received a couple of days before mine (suspect) and that he will begin working on mine in 10-12 days. Now from what i read on this post is how he has emailed, called you folks about the status of your holsters, I haven't heard a peep from him, I had to initiate all the peeping....I'm venting!!
    I ordered mine in December 29 and haven't got it yet am i worried no .

have i got a Email other than the one where i asked him to change something right after the order .. nope

Am i going to call and email asking where it is nope.

Most of the Little guys are still behind from the christmas rush its been 6 weeks and is on par for how long a hand made holster takes

try High noon try 4 months or more from them.

Also what is so suspect of him working on a big order than came in before yours ??

2. Remove Ads

when i ordered my holsters he said up front it would be 6 to 8 weeks minimum. very unusual for him not to update you.

Also you did read the Site where it says this right on the front page right?

Note: We certainly appreciate your visiting us. If you decide to place an order, our current turnaround time is at 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I ordered mine in December 29 and haven't got it yet am i worried no .

have i got a Email other than the one where i asked him to change something right after the order .. nope

Am i going to call and email asking where it is nope.

Most of the Little guys are still behind from the christmas rush its been 6 weeks and is on par for how long a hand made holster takes

try High noon try 4 months or more from them.

Also what is so suspect of him working on a big order than came in before yours ??
    My suspicians just came about when i read this post, on how he seemed to keep his customers appraised on their order status, while i received nothing, and i had to iniciate communication for a status. Thats all, i was just stating my thoughts.
    Desert Eagle .44 Magnum, Baby Eagle .45
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Mossberg 590 special purpose
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

Also you did read the Site where it says this right on the front page right?

Note: We certainly appreciate your visiting us. If you decide to place an order, our current turnaround time is at 6-8 weeks.
    Yup i did..
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

My suspicians just came about when i read this post, on how he seemed to keep his customers appraised on their order status, while i received nothing, and i had to iniciate communication for a status. Thats all, i was just stating my thoughts.
    like i said i wouldn't worry about it I'm just now at little over 6 weeks .. none of the other holster makers will contact you either don't get me started on my high noon order i still haven't received from last june and don't ever expect to see

Page two of this thread almost had me emailing or calling K&D about the status of my Laredo Defender.

Then, I decided I did not want to slow him down!

As I've stated elsewhere, patience is a virtue, but NOT one of mine. However, I am working on it.

When given a time frame right up front, be prepared to live with it. I'm not saying it's easy, but there's no reason to torture yourself.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Should of ordered one for my 500 at same time ...

Thats next on the list now

Thumbs up

like i said i wouldn't worry about it I'm just now at little over 6 weeks .. none of the other holster makers will contact you either don't get me started on my high noon order i still haven't received from last june and don't ever expect to see
    Yeah thats cool, this is my 1st order, and when I receive it, I'm sure I will not have a doubt about the quality. I'm sorry to hear about your high noon order. May i ask what is a "High Noon" is?
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

High noon holsters another holster maker who deff is not a little guy they say 3-4 months to start on getting one made

Well its been june to now wonder if i passed the 4 months yet 5 phone calls none returned nor emails .. so i gave up got my money back and moved on ..

Guess you can say i don't recommend them

maqueswell:

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the delay in filling your order, but let me give you a little insight as to how busy I am. I work 7 days a week, oftentimes 14-16 hours a day. I am a one-man shop - that means I do every little thing that there is to do - from cutting leather, to gluing, to sewing, to finishing, to invoicing, to mailing, to ordering supplies, to ordering new equipment to ensure there's the best possible holster made for you. I take out the trash, I answer the phone, I answer the email, I visit a number of gun forums to see what folks are interested in. There are a huge number of other things that get done that are too many to mention here.

I did have an order from the Navy SEALs - to the tune of $2,000+ to fill. It came in before yours, so that makes it get done first before yours. I don't put one order ahead of another just because they're a gun shop, or a gun magazine writer, or a Chief of Police - everyone falls into place. I average a large number of holsters, belts and magazine pouches, and a number of other accessories every month. For the last three months I've been trying to finish off the shop, i.e., hang insulation, put up dry wall, tape it, paint it. That all gets done in between filling all the orders mentioned above. I know that once that's finished, things will run a bit smoother.

There are some things that come up during the day that need attention. For example, I recently had the opportunity to buy a Union Lockstitch machine at less than half the price it normally sells for. But I had to go over to Orlando to take a look at it - that's about an hour's drive from me, two hours round trip, plus the time to look at what equipment he had (a warehouse full). So I made the trip over one morning and was still back in the shop by 9:00 am. My point is, and any of the holster guys can tell you this, when opportunities like that come along - you try not to pass them up. Again, this was done in my desire to try and get the best possible equipment to make the best possible holster that I can. And along those lines, I don't let a holster or item leave the shop if I'm not happy with it. I have very high expectations of what an item should be, and the basic standard is whether or not I would be happy with it if I were the customer. If the answer is yes, then it leaves; if the answer is no, then it gets redone.

I have not taken a day off (including the holidays) since October when I had a heart attack, and we had a hurricane come through. And even then it was only for a couple of days. I'm not complaining about it by any means, because I truly enjoy what I have the opportunity to do.

I admit that I've fallen behind for turnaround time. If you (or anyone else) would like to cancel their order because of it, I would certainly understand - no hard feelings.

And if you wish to question my integrity in the future, I would prefer it done through email or PMs. Though I have nothing to hide here if you wish to make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    maqueswell:

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the delay in filling your order, but let me give you a little insight as to how busy I am. I work 7 days a week, oftentimes 14-16 hours a day. I am a one-man shop - that means I do every little thing that there is to do - from cutting leather, to gluing, to sewing, to finishing, to invoicing, to mailing, to ordering supplies, to ordering new equipment to ensure there's the best possible holster made for you. I take out the trash, I answer the phone, I answer the email, I visit a number of gun forums to see what folks are interested in. There are a huge number of other things that get done that are too many to mention here.

I did have an order from the Navy SEALs - to the tune of $2,000+ to fill. It came in before yours, so that makes it get done first before yours. I don't put one order ahead of another just because they're a gun shop, or a gun magazine writer, or a Chief of Police - everyone falls into place. I average a large number of holsters, belts and magazine pouches, and a number of other accessories every month. For the last three months I've been trying to finish off the shop, i.e., hang insulation, put up dry wall, tape it, paint it. That all gets done in between filling all the orders mentioned above. I know that once that's finished, things will run a bit smoother.

There are some things that come up during the day that need attention. For example, I recently had the opportunity to buy a Union Lockstitch machine at less than half the price it normally sells for. But I had to go over to Orlando to take a look at it - that's about an hour's drive from me, two hours round trip, plus the time to look at what equipment he had (a warehouse full). So I made the trip over one morning and was still back in the shop by 9:00 am. My point is, and any of the holster guys can tell you this, when opportunities like that come along - you try not to pass them up. Again, this was done in my desire to try and get the best possible equipment to make the best possible holster that I can. And along those lines, I don't let a holster or item leave the shop if I'm not happy with it. I have very high expectations of what an item should be, and the basic standard is whether or not I would be happy with it if I were the customer. If the answer is yes, then it leaves; if the answer is no, then it gets redone.

I have not taken a day off (including the holidays) since October when I had a heart attack, and we had a hurricane come through. And even then it was only for a couple of days. I'm not complaining about it by any means, because I truly enjoy what I have the opportunity to do.

I admit that I've fallen behind for turnaround time. If you (or anyone else) would like to cancel their order because of it, I would certainly understand - no hard feelings.

And if you wish to question my integrity in the future, I would prefer it done through email or PMs. Though I have nothing to hide here if you wish to make it public.
    K-man..I'd like to start off by apologizing for my earlier comment. I was upset when I received the email stating that I'd have to wait another 10-12 days for you to get started on it. After I read this thread I was a little concerned that the folks here received status updates and I did not. I never questioned your integrity, you gave me no reason to think that I wouldn't receive my holster, and I am apologizing again if you thought so. When dealing with online business for the 1st time I tend to be a little cautious, and anxious.
    Glock 22
    H&K USP .45
    Ruger P89, 345PR
    Weatherby Vanguard .308
    Bushmaster M-4

K-man..I'd like to start off by apologizing for my earlier comment. I was upset when I received the email stating that I'd have to wait another 10-12 days for you to get started on it. After I read this thread I was a little concerned that the folks here received status updates and I did not. I never questioned your integrity, you gave me no reason to think that I wouldn't receive my holster, and I am apologizing again if you thought so. When dealing with online business for the 1st time I tend to be a little cautious, and anxious.
    No problem. I certainly can understand one being somewhat anxious about it. I'd probably feel the same way.

I don't always get the chance to bring folks up to date/contact them about a delay on their orders. Most people who contact me about it are just looking for an update and want to know what's going on so they don't feel like they're lost in the system or forgotten. Please feel free to contact me at any time about any questions you may have about your order.

Administrator

Post Another Reminder

Please try to resolve your individual problems with our forum member holster makers VIA Private Mail or E~Mail or by Phone Call before you post a complaint in the public area of the forum.

Our holster makers are true Artists & Old World Craftsmen that are doing highly custom work in order to hand craft and produce the very highest quality custom leather goods possible. They are amazing HONEST people with incredible personal integrity.

Sometimes..."STUFF HAPPENS" That's Life.

If you want a pre~fab cookie cutter stamped out mass produced lower grade holster & you want it right away then there are LOTS of Huge Holster Making Entities that will be happy to ship one of those out to you Next Day Air.

I am STILL amazed that our holster makers ship as FAST as they do on custom work.
    This is a true story....I wanted to buy a custom fancy knife as a gift for my brother. I wanted it custom made with an Ivory handle (using my Ivory) The quoted waiting time was....get ready....FOUR YEARS...with half the money paid as a good faith deposit...up front.

During the Full Blown Custom 1911 Boom Years quoted waiting times were between 2 and five years.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

So did ya order the knife Qk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links