Defensive Carry banner

Ugly OD Green Ostrich Glock Holster

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Silver Wolf 
#1 ·
Greeting!

A few weeks back, I spoke to a few members and told them about my ugly Glock holster. They asked if I would post it when I got a chance... well, here it is.

I made this in ONE (1) day. This is not a great example of my work; it is a holster I wanted to build for working at the family farm while on vacation.

The leather is terrible! There are parts where it looks like the cow took shrapnel from a claymore mine and then crawled over some C-Wire. LOL. I put suede out on the back to hide the "battle scars".
The front is also damaged but not as bad.

The overall color is light tan. The loops are black and the ostrich is OD Green.

It holds well and is quite comfy considering it is far from perfect.
I hope everyone gets a kick out of it, it was fun to make it in less than 8 consecutive hours...

I am sure the feedback will be interesting, to say the least. LOL.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
If you're gonna use an ugly OD Green holster you should really get an ugly OD Green framed Glock to put in it....:biggrin2:

(Although my wife insists that my Glock is not OD Green, but "Baby-Poo Brown". :mad:Grrrrrr.......)

#8 ·
I don't really think it was ugly, but I once made a holster with Alligator trim for a Hi-Point..... That's about the oddest holster I can remember making.

#9 ·
BoomStick

A HighPoint???? The $100 gun got a $200 holster?? Wow.........

I think the oddest I did was make a $75 knife sheath for a $5 knife. It was a gorgeous sheath for one of those kabar reject knives that is stamped: "steel" that you would find at a Flea Market in the 1980's.

#10 ·
Hey....I got the same leather you did...the claymore mine bit!

I got a hide from a tannery that will remain nameless...but the belly which was about 1/2 of the hide :gah: was toast.....even a really cool EA branding.

Holster doesnt look that bad.......keep it up, youre making some great stuff. Shoot well and god bless

#11 ·
Eric

Hey Eric,

I think I know the tannery... LOL.
I have had that scrap forever.... I am a leather pack rat. I went through it all when I moved here to FL and found it and put it aside for just such an project.

I have been really lucky lately with the two I deal with. The worst I have seen is a number Five brand... It's in the corner and I will probably use it for my next great adventure. LOL.

Thanks for the supportive comments... means alot.

Take care and I am going to PM you with some pics I'd like your opinion on.

#19 ·
Dave, I've seen you're work and its first rate, I'd be glad to take it off your hands since you only want to be associated with the best product.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.