High Noon Tail Gate?

This is a discussion on High Noon Tail Gate? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking for another comfortable IWB and saw this. It looks like it's pretty comfy and since I'm waiting for Crossbreed to retrofit my ...

Thread: High Noon Tail Gate?

High Noon Tail Gate?

I was looking for another comfortable IWB and saw this. It looks like it's pretty comfy and since I'm waiting for Crossbreed to retrofit my old IWB (for free)...

But I just can't wrap my mind around the 20+ week of turnaround time. HN has been great so far in accepting the Hidden Ally that I didn't find to my liking, but still...

Does anyone have a Tail Gate?
    Bitter and clinging to my guns and my religion.

2. Remove Ads

I had, then sold the tail gate. It was very well crafted. But it was just too bulky and uncomfortable for me. I think it was the way the tuckable strap was attached. I kept mine for approx 2 weeks and then sold it.

One of the things I like about High Noon is the 30 day return policy. Still, I don't want to abuse their good customer service by trying out their products one by one.

Anyone else try the Tail Gate?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I had, then sold the tail gate. It was very well crafted. But it was just too bulky and uncomfortable for me. I think it was the way the tuckable strap was attached. I kept mine for approx 2 weeks and then sold it.

No tail gate, but I was not happy with several other HN's I've tried and returned . No problem in returning them, but you waste your money on the shipping to you and then back to them. So CB needs 20+ weeks to get your holster back to you ?? WOW.

I just bought CB's mini tuck for my Keltec. Nice holster, comfortable. It is similar in style , but the fit, finish and quality is not up to my MTAC by Comptac. Take a look at that for a great IWB. They are fast with delivery too in most instances. They also allow a trial period and are great folks to deal with. Have several of their holsters and I'm very happy with them.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. High Noon's turn around time is listed as 20+ weeks for a non-stocking item.

Crossbreed when I bought their holster last year, IIRC I got it in 2 weeks or so.

I just have a hard time with anyone be it HN, or other custom holster makers taking such a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    No tail gate, but I was not happy with several other HN's I've tried and returned . No problem in returning them, but you waste your money on the shipping to you and then back to them. So CB needs 20+ weeks to get your holster back to you ?? WOW.

I just bought CB's mini tuck for my Keltec. Nice holster, comfortable. It is similar in style , but the fit, finish and quality is not up to my MTAC by Comptac. Take a look at that for a great IWB. They are fast with delivery too in most instances. They also allow a trial period and are great folks to deal with. Have several of their holsters and I'm very happy with them.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I just bought a Don Hume IWB for my Walther PPS and for $30 it is more than satisfactory. It was an off-the-shelf pick. Sure, it's not as nice as my Alessi IWB but for $30 who cares. I only wish it had a skin shield so the slide wouldn't touch my skin. I will keep looking for a reasonably priced one with the SS but until I find one this Hume works quite well.

I may have to take another look at CTAC/MTAC.

Comp-Tac: 30 day return policy AND 15 day turn around time? Now that's more like it.

Again check out K & D holsters for great iwb's

Look at the Fist site through the 'Related Links' above...

I can assure you that their holsters are 'quality'...I have purchased over 30 of them.

Quality, reasonable prices, delivery in 3-5 weeks. I'm sure that there are others here who would agree.

Costs nothing to look...

Stay armed...look at Fist holsters...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

After much research, I've ordered a tuckable from Side Guard. He should be shipping it to me any day now. :)

I also did some minor surgery to the C Clips on my Crossbreed and man I like it SOOOOOO much better now - easy on, easy off.

Let me just reiterate one more time that HN's products really do look comfy and all, but 20 weeks, nope, too long, and too much. (And yes, I;ve received the PMs).

Links