Thunderwear????

Thunderwear????

This is a discussion on Thunderwear???? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw Thunderwear's website but it wasn't clear how this works. What do people think of Thunderwear as a carry option of a Colt Mustang? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thunderwear????

Thunderwear????

I saw Thunderwear's website but it wasn't clear how this works. What do people think of Thunderwear as a carry option of a Colt Mustang?

I'm trying to figure out what the absolute most CONCEALED way to carry is. I like SOB/IWB, but most of the Holsters I've come across require a require your garment to do most of the concealing.

I did notice that FIST has some kind of Secret Concealment apparatus, but it looks a little involved, so I'm leaning toward ankle carry.

Anyway, what about this Thunderwear??

Thunderwear and SmartCarry are similar products. This is good thread on the SmartCarry, most comments would also apply to Thunderwear.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...art-carry.html

Here is a link to the SmartCarry site - lots of photos and information.
    Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Thunderwear and the SmartCarry are very similar. They offer "deep" concealment which is good if you really need to keep your gun concealed. The draw back can be the speed of your draw. It can be done with practice but it's not a fast draw like an IWB holster.

I'm thinking about a SmartCarry for those times when I'm wearing shorts and a light t-shirt. But most of the time my tuckable IWB holster works for my everyday carry.
    You can't fix stupid. Ron White

VIP Member
    I have both and SmartCarry is much better made!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    My SmartCarry holster is my EDC holster. It took about 3 weeks to work out methods to cover all modes, but the effort was worth it. I bought a second one to accommodate a weapon mounted light. Still conceals superbly.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Thunderwear and the little Colt

I sometimes carry a Colt Government Model 380 (and a spare mag) in my Thunderwear. Before I retired, I carried it at work every day in the Thunderwear. No one knew about it in all the years I carried it. Today, I have a dentist appointment and will carry the little .380 in it. With practice, you can get to it in a hurry. The only issue I had was taking a squirt in a public restroom. You need to unzip and flip the holster up to get your business taken care of - or go into a stall for privacy.

It is a good way to discreetly carry a smaller handgun when you just can't carry on or in your belt due to clothing requirements. In my opinion, it is much better than an ankle holster (which I have but seldom wear).

I know a guy at a company that just put out a new employee manual which bars firearms (entire rewrite and this was lawyerred in). He carried before but nobody knew. He now swears by his SmartCarry and J frame. It isn't illegal, just against policy. He promises not to intervene in any workplace rampage killings which take place in the executive's hall.

i have smart carry and it works good

I have worn a SC for about 18 months and carry a Ruger SP 101 in it along with a Cold Steel Vaquero Grande (very large folder) and two speed strips although only one of them shows in the pic

Just for information purposes I am 6'3" and weigh 260 pounds and have found the SC to be an excellent method of concealed carry. I have even worn it in church when I was on the altar in front of a couple of hundred people and nobody ever knew I was carrying. I tend to wear trousers that have darts in the front or are somewhat loose fitting. For me, that results in both a very comfortable and concealing carry mode.

I have done a bit of experimentation with the SC and find that it works best worn a couple of inches to the right (I am right handed).

With practice I can draw and present the Ruger quite rapidly. However, no one should ever mistake the SC as any kind of a "fast draw" holster. But, as I said, with practice it works quite well.

I recommend the SC highly.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

I have two of these holsters also. I really like them. I would agree with a bit or trial/error you'll get the position you like. No one will notice, and if you live in a warm climate you can dress down as much as you like, and still get business done!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

These things still baffle me. I guess I might just have to shell out the money and see what the rage is about.
    OD G19 || G26 || OD KT P3AT

Well, you can try it &, return it if it doesn't work you. I have one, don't use it often, but I like it and it has it's place, when no other means of concealment will work for the situation at hand.

I carried my Glock 36 in it, and once you acclimate to the idea it's fairly comfortable for deep concealment needs.

It is slower to access depending upon how you dress around it. I found the best outfit was loose fitting elastic waisted athletic shorts. That said I wore my rig with Khaki cargo shorts...worked well. Two to three second draw.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roffles View Post
    These things still baffle me. I guess I might just have to shell out the money and see what the rage is about.
    If you buy it from them directly they offer a 60-day trial. Not much of a risk to give it a try.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Not much of a risk to give it a try.
    Ditto...start that holster drawer that every self respecting pistol hound has.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links