Defensive Carry banner

Mika's holster review

7K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ExSoldier 
#1 ·
Well, it was a little late arriving, but its here. Circumstances beyond anybodys fault or control happened, and we all know how the famous saying goes about stuff happens.

When I opened the package, I got to admit I wasn't impressed. I don't know what I was thinking or expecting, but the holster isn't pretty,then again, it isn't supposed to be. I think Mika's slogan should be "ruggedly simple"... and thats what I like.

I ordered a standard item, but wanted some modification to meet my own specs. I'm quirky with the way I want to carry, but Mika came through. Not only did he make the few changes I asked, but the simple features incorporated into the design are those made by only somebody who straps on a bullet resistant vest and gun belt to go to work everyday would understand. Adding a little more material here and there, velcro in the right spot... perfect for BUG carry. Again, its nothing fancy, its just rugged and simple.

The construction of the holster isn't going to win any beauty awards, but it is very well made and sturdy. I expect it to last a good long while.

I completed my first 10 hour shift using the Mika's BUG holster today. Never have I carried a BUG in comfort like this. It didn't bother me one bit, the little J frame was well hidden and secure. Not once was I worried I was going to loose the gun. Everybody who has ever carried a gun knows the first few outings with a new rig makes you paranoid. It was not the case with the Mika. I have to give credit to a well thought out, simple, no frills design.

Mika has impressed me. Anybody who has been on this forum for any amount of time knows that I am not easily favorably impressed.
I'm looking forward to trying Mika's other products as well.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, carry in a Mika pocket holster is absolutely the ONLY way I ever carry my model 642.

#8 ·
I ordered my third Mika just a week ago...for the wife's use.

Because of how well he's always treated me by delivering good value, with personalized and fast service, I'm hoping folks are understanding of his plight after this year's flood in that part of WI.

Glad it worked out well in the end for you Six.

#9 ·
Because of how well he's always treated me by delivering good value, with personalized and fast service, I'm hoping folks are understanding of his plight after this year's flood in that part of WI.
I want to point out that this is the way he handled my order as well. Unlike some other makers, he was glad to listen to want I want and make it for me. Others try to talk me out of stuff, I dont know if its because they think I don't know what I'm talking about or if its because they don't want to make something different, but Mika simply listened and made want I wanted. The features he already had and the one I wanted added made for a perfect BUG holster for me.

I don't mind waiting the extra time considering the circumstances.

#13 ·
Give him a call; I suspect that the model that is square-cut on the bottom will solve that problem. I use the square one with some Dockers that have a larger pocket.

#12 ·
Second day was even better, I must have found the "sweet spot" and I'm a little more used to having a gun where there was none for many years. I think as time goes on, I'm going to like this set up more and more.

#16 ·
Nice review. I told you you would be happy with it. Nothing fancy, but it WORKS.
I had the same reaction when I first got one, but after using it I was quite happy and wondered why I had spent much more on fancier holsters that did not get the job done to my satisfaction, as the Mika did. I now have several for different guns.
Also like his knife case, it keeps my knife anchored, without that give away tell tale clip hanging out of the pocket.

#17 ·
I know a few of you have requested pictures, and I'm debating if I should or not.

First, I'm not sure if its wise to post pictures for security reasons. I know it sounds silly, but I don't want to give away any "secrets". I would have to give away trade secrets to show how the holster works, and why its better than other options.

Second, I stink at taking pictures.

#22 ·
It depends....

In casual pants like jeans or my tactical 5*11s or my Woolrich pants the answer is a firm "NO." But in thinner dress pants made of really lightweight materials, then the answer is a qualified "YES."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.