Mika's holster review

This is a discussion on Mika's holster review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it was a little late arriving, but its here. Circumstances beyond anybodys fault or control happened, and we all know how the famous saying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mika's holster review

Administrator

Mika's holster review

Well, it was a little late arriving, but its here. Circumstances beyond anybodys fault or control happened, and we all know how the famous saying goes about stuff happens.

When I opened the package, I got to admit I wasn't impressed. I don't know what I was thinking or expecting, but the holster isn't pretty,then again, it isn't supposed to be. I think Mika's slogan should be "ruggedly simple"... and thats what I like.

I ordered a standard item, but wanted some modification to meet my own specs. I'm quirky with the way I want to carry, but Mika came through. Not only did he make the few changes I asked, but the simple features incorporated into the design are those made by only somebody who straps on a bullet resistant vest and gun belt to go to work everyday would understand. Adding a little more material here and there, velcro in the right spot... perfect for BUG carry. Again, its nothing fancy, its just rugged and simple.

The construction of the holster isn't going to win any beauty awards, but it is very well made and sturdy. I expect it to last a good long while.

I completed my first 10 hour shift using the Mika's BUG holster today. Never have I carried a BUG in comfort like this. It didn't bother me one bit, the little J frame was well hidden and secure. Not once was I worried I was going to loose the gun. Everybody who has ever carried a gun knows the first few outings with a new rig makes you paranoid. It was not the case with the Mika. I have to give credit to a well thought out, simple, no frills design.

Mika has impressed me. Anybody who has been on this forum for any amount of time knows that I am not easily favorably impressed.
    I'm looking forward to trying Mika's other products as well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I'd love to see a PIC of the modifications.

Biker

Administrator
    Happy that it finally arrived.

I have two, a round and a square cut, for my 642. You can't beat them. Excellent bang for the buck. A 'must have' item for the snubbie fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Anybody who has been on this forum for any amount of time knows that I am not easily favorably impressed.

Yeah, but we like you anyway, SIX...

Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by swright101 View Post
    I have two, a round and a square cut, for my 642. You can't beat them. Excellent bang for the buck. A 'must have' item for the snubbie fans.
    Yeah, carry in a Mika pocket holster is absolutely the ONLY way I ever carry my model 642.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

-JT

I ordered my third Mika just a week ago...for the wife's use.

Because of how well he's always treated me by delivering good value, with personalized and fast service, I'm hoping folks are understanding of his plight after this year's flood in that part of WI.

Glad it worked out well in the end for you Six.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    Because of how well he's always treated me by delivering good value, with personalized and fast service, I'm hoping folks are understanding of his plight after this year's flood in that part of WI.
    I want to point out that this is the way he handled my order as well. Unlike some other makers, he was glad to listen to want I want and make it for me. Others try to talk me out of stuff, I dont know if its because they think I don't know what I'm talking about or if its because they don't want to make something different, but Mika simply listened and made want I wanted. The features he already had and the one I wanted added made for a perfect BUG holster for me.

I don't mind waiting the extra time considering the circumstances.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I use one but have a holster ordered from RKBA. When using the Mika in a large pocket, it tends not to stay upright. In most pockets its fine.

I received mine a couple of weeks ago for my Kahr PM9 and love it. It's the square cut and I love the way it carries

Administrator
    Second day was even better, I must have found the "sweet spot" and I'm a little more used to having a gun where there was none for many years. I think as time goes on, I'm going to like this set up more and more.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckycarry View Post
    I use one but have a holster ordered from RKBA. When using the Mika in a large pocket, it tends not to stay upright. In most pockets its fine.
    Give him a call; I suspect that the model that is square-cut on the bottom will solve that problem. I use the square one with some Dockers that have a larger pocket.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Sure would like to see some pppp-pictures there Sssssi-six-to.

Sorry about the stutter.

Senior Moderator
    Second day was even better, I must have found the "sweet spot" and I'm a little more used to having a gun where there was none for many years. I think as time goes on, I'm going to like this set up more and more.
    Pictures, man, pictures.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links