High NOON/CRossBREED positions???

This is a discussion on High NOON/CRossBREED positions??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can everyone please comment... is the supertuck 's best/only position the 4'o clock position? can it be worn anywhere else? I haven't seen it work ...

Member Array Angel in San Antonio's Avatar

Can everyone please comment...

is the supertuck 's best/only position the 4'o clock position? can it be worn anywhere else? I haven't seen it work anywhere else. If anyone is slim like me, it seems to show when i wear my HIgh-noon holster that is tuckable in the 4 o' clock position, so i wear it at about 2 o' clock and works well. Can you all please tell me if you've worn the High Noon altered ego/ closing argument and also the Super tuck by cross breed. I'm wondering which is better for concealment and if there are multiple positions that are recommended , because i've only seen the 4 o'clock position in the cross breed.

thank you very much for your comments/feedback

CARRY ON!!

I own two CB super tucks, I prefer 2:30 for my XD45 Tactical.
    My Glock 29 sits better at 3:00.

Do not like or ever carry at 4:00...doesn't work with me without severe printing.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

i tried real hard to wear it at 2 or 3 oclock, but it was just too unconfortable when sitting down. I carry about 4 to 5 oclock. I think i may need a singe clip type that rides higher to wear at 2. BTW, its a XD9sc...
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    ...too unconfortable when sitting down.
    Yeah, at times I get a small dig into top of thigh, doesn't bother me for the most part, I can shift a bit to accomodate this.

I still like being able to carry a full sized Tactical length weapon. If I carry the shorter version it is more comfortable but I still prefer the extra velocity and sight plane and suck up the minimal and infrequent dig.

I am considering a doubled off side IWB as backup, crazy? As I always carry a BUG anyway, I was thinking...why not carry on belt instead of cargo pocket?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Rbrown777; August 23rd, 2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Added question
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

I own two Crossbreed supertuck deluxe holsters. It really depends on the gun, My XD45 service carries best at 3:30 set deep and with a forward cant. My PA-63 (PPK/S) carries at between 3 to 3:30 set about mid height and slight forward cant. Both wear perfectly and can be concealed well under a "T" shirt with no problems. I'm st 6' and 200 lbs.

I would reccoment the supertuck deluxe to anyone looking for a comfortable IWB holster. JMHO.
    "I'd rather be judged in a box by a jury than carred in a box by my friends!"

I usually wear mine about about 3:15. You need to experiment with cant AND height at different positions to find a good spot. One of the great features of the Supertuck is the adjustibility. Unfortunately, that can also make it a time consuming process to find a good position.

-JT

I wear a Springfield XD 9mm Sub Compact in a CB SuperTuck Deluxe IWB every day at about the 2:50 position with a tucked shirt. I have trimmed the bottom edge off to make it a bit more comfortable for sitting. 6', 210 lbs.
    Mr. President: They didn't die for open borders.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

I bought a holster from LAW CONCEALMENT SYSTEMS INC a few years ago i do not have any photos to post but they have a web site under the same name, this holster fits many guns and can be worn in different positions i reccommend to anyone who carries every day to check out their holster

crossbreed 8:30 left handed i had 2 repairmen in here that never realised i was carrying until the conversation came up,we were in my reloading room
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Depending on what I am wearing I'll wear it at 4:00, it is currently at 2:30 and that seems to be the best to reduce printing when I wear my jeans and a t-shirt (like the Ward 57 one I am sporting today).

If I wear slacks and a tucked in shirt (VERY rare, someone is either dead or getting married) I'll wear mine at 3:00 to 3:30.

The only problem I have wearing at 2:30 is I have to bend down to tie my shoes before I holster my pistol or it will drive the clips in to my thigh and is kinda uncomfortable.

Also, I am 6' 230ish, if that helps.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Links