Kudos to MTAC !!! - Page 2

Kudos to MTAC !!!

This is a discussion on Kudos to MTAC !!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have one on order, can't wait for my smarties!!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kudos to MTAC !!!

Have one on order, can't wait for my smarties!!
    Glock 26 Owner
    Ubuntu 8.04 User
    Firefox User

I'm a southpaw that carries a 1911 with an ambi thumb safety. I have been carrying in a Mtac for 9 months. I like that I can carry it for 12 hours with no problems. My one complaint is that there is no safety channel in the leather, so the thumb safety keeps disengageing.
    "If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the heck do I have to be paranoid about?" Clint Smith, director, Thunder Ranch

Being a southpaw also and having the same issue with the extended safety everyone is putting on their 1911's these days. I found the solution is a little dremel work on the left safety lever and cut that puppy down to the original 1911 specs. It will no longer be a problem. I carry in both and MTAC and a VMII and have no more problems.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

I have 4 MTAC s and I carry one everyday all day. The only time I have felt the least bit uncomfortable is when I did not have the holster in my "sweet spot", and usually just a simple shift will remedy this. For my money the MTAC is the best holster for the money and the Lrd knows how many I have tried over the years.

wpk
    I just got my MTAC a few days ago. Very comfortable. The only issue I had with it was that the hard kydex part of it was sticking out a bit far and marred the wooden grips on my 1911. A little dremel work on the offending part of the holster smoothed it away from rubbing on the grip and now it's great.
    Last edited by wpk; September 6th, 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Well I just got back last night from the great state of Tennessee. Wore my MTAC the whole time driving up and back, and I have to say my Kahr felt as snug as a BUG in a rug..... LOVE it!
    Glad I was carrying in some of the rest stops!
    Gotta love Tennessee also..... especially the Bass Pro Shop I went to near Knoxville; WOW, I was like a kid in a candy store!
    Guns are the teeth of the people.
    Political agendas are nothing more than tooth decay.

I ordered mine at 11:00pm on Wednesday of last week. I received it on Tuesday of this week, with e-mail updates all along. Nice note from Tiffany, along with my Smarties.

I carry a 4" XD40, and it's by far the most comfortable IWB I've tried, and it disappears under an untucked t-shirt (and I'm not too svelt at 5'10" and 215#). Not as comfortable as my 642 J Frame in a pocket holster, but then again, not much is. For IWB, the MTAC is incredible.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I ordered mine at 11:00pm on Wednesday of last week. I received it on Tuesday of this week, with e-mail updates all along. Nice note from Tiffany, along with my Smarties.

I carry a 4" XD40, and it's by far the most comfortable IWB I've tried, and it disappears under an untucked t-shirt (and I'm not too svelt at 5'10" and 215#). Not as comfortable as my 642 J Frame in a pocket holster, but then again, not much is. For IWB, the MTAC is incredible.
    I just received mine, too. I love it!!

It just makes that G26 disappear, and it is incredibly comfortable. I could definitely see myself wearing it all the time.

The one thing I would worry about is the clips; I might order some extras in case these break, as there seems to be a lot of strain on them when I am wearing it.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

You can't beat a Tucker

Mine broke on me. The only second one he ever had with the kydex part. He fixed me right up and sent me a brand new one. I had one of the older ones that did not have the lifetime warranty.

We came to a deal and he gave me a deal.

I am very happy camper. I have had mine for over 4 years.

steve

Just ordered one for my PT1911 on Thursday (Oct 23) and am expecting it next week, was a little hesitant because I'm a southpaw also, happy to hear from Grandpa and Jeff about their experiences, how does the tuckable feature of the holster work for a full size 1911?
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links