Defensive Carry banner

Kudos to MTAC !!!

3K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  Fmr18z 
#1 ·
Well, I recieved my Mtac minotuaur int he mail today set up for my CW9 Kahr.
I decided to take my wife out to dinner while trying it out.
I have to tell you that is without a doubt one of the best carry decisions I made. Thanks to all of you for recommending it!
I can't believe how comfortable, accesable, and how tight to the body it holds the gun!
I recieved it one week after I ordered it, and was VERY pleased with thier service. Emily enclosed a nice note and a roll of candy for me also!
I will be purchasing more from them!

#4 ·
MTAC is, without a doubt, one of the thinnest/most comfortable holster I own. I only wish they made them for revovlers. Tucker's "The Answer" does...wherein I will be going that-a-way for my very next purchase.

#7 ·
I received mine for my CZ P01 about 10 days ago. Liking it so far, and as it gets more broken in, I'm sure I'll like it even more. I was very impressed with CompTac's customer service. I ordered it on a Monday afternoon, and it was in the mail on Saturday. Even had candy with it. What more can you ask for? It was a bit pricy ($95 including tax and shipping). But you get what you pay for.

#9 ·
i've been carrying in the MTAC pretty much every day for the last year. My C-clips just broke today. i was planning to order the new ones anyways because the new ones have more holes. Anyways, it's the best holder ever, i've been using my g23 in a sidearmor holster in the meantime, and lets just say...i'm going to be pocket carrying my 442 until my new clips arrive. nothing else compares.

#12 ·
Just wanted to update on the status of my new clips, i ordered them yesterday morning and yesterday afternoon, i got this email.

"Hello,

I just want to let you know that your order will be taken to the post office this evening.
Thanks and have a great day!

Jenn

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped"

Talk about customer service! I'm very pleased with them and will recommend them to all the ccw-ers i know.

#13 ·
I guess I've been pretty lucky. I purchased an MTAC, which kept me from having a drawer full of mistakes and I purchased a PT1911 that had zero hang ups.

Ya gotta love the MTAC! :danceban::danceban::danceban:

Good Luck. Sam.

#15 ·
Man I'm bummed. I have several VM-II's and they NEVER included any candy with my order! :rofl:

#17 ·
I'm a southpaw that carries a 1911 with an ambi thumb safety. I have been carrying in a Mtac for 9 months. I like that I can carry it for 12 hours with no problems. My one complaint is that there is no safety channel in the leather, so the thumb safety keeps disengageing.

#18 ·
Being a southpaw also and having the same issue with the extended safety everyone is putting on their 1911's these days. I found the solution is a little dremel work on the left safety lever and cut that puppy down to the original 1911 specs. It will no longer be a problem. I carry in both and MTAC and a VMII and have no more problems.

#19 ·
I have 4 MTAC s and I carry one everyday all day. The only time I have felt the least bit uncomfortable is when I did not have the holster in my "sweet spot", and usually just a simple shift will remedy this. For my money the MTAC is the best holster for the money and the Lrd knows how many I have tried over the years.

#20 · (Edited)
I just got my MTAC a few days ago. Very comfortable. The only issue I had with it was that the hard kydex part of it was sticking out a bit far and marred the wooden grips on my 1911. A little dremel work on the offending part of the holster smoothed it away from rubbing on the grip and now it's great. :smile:

#21 ·
Well I just got back last night from the great state of Tennessee. Wore my MTAC the whole time driving up and back, and I have to say my Kahr felt as snug as a BUG in a rug..... LOVE it!
Glad I was carrying in some of the rest stops!
Gotta love Tennessee also..... especially the Bass Pro Shop I went to near Knoxville; WOW, I was like a kid in a candy store!:danceban:

#22 ·
I ordered mine at 11:00pm on Wednesday of last week. I received it on Tuesday of this week, with e-mail updates all along. Nice note from Tiffany, along with my Smarties.

I carry a 4" XD40, and it's by far the most comfortable IWB I've tried, and it disappears under an untucked t-shirt (and I'm not too svelt at 5'10" and 215#). Not as comfortable as my 642 J Frame in a pocket holster, but then again, not much is. For IWB, the MTAC is incredible.

#23 ·
I just received mine, too. I love it!!

It just makes that G26 disappear, and it is incredibly comfortable. I could definitely see myself wearing it all the time.

The one thing I would worry about is the clips; I might order some extras in case these break, as there seems to be a lot of strain on them when I am wearing it.

#24 ·
You can't beat a Tucker

Mine broke on me. The only second one he ever had with the kydex part. He fixed me right up and sent me a brand new one. I had one of the older ones that did not have the lifetime warranty.

We came to a deal and he gave me a deal.

I am very happy camper. I have had mine for over 4 years.

steve

#25 ·
Just ordered one for my PT1911 on Thursday (Oct 23) and am expecting it next week, was a little hesitant because I'm a southpaw also, happy to hear from Grandpa and Jeff about their experiences, how does the tuckable feature of the holster work for a full size 1911?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.