Milt Sparks VMII Issues

Milt Sparks VMII Issues

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VMII Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a VMII. Great holster, very high quality, and extremely comftorable...although I wish it was a bit different for me. I currently carry ...

Milt Sparks VMII Issues

I just bought a VMII. Great holster, very high quality, and extremely comftorable...although I wish it was a bit different for me.

I currently carry my P229R just infront of my right hip in an Andrews McDaniell II holster...I really like it but wanted to try the VMII because I would like a bit more stability for my heavy gun(which would be provided by the front strap on the holster). The problem with the VMII, for me, is that the gun rides too high, also I want it to have a bit more cant, both of these things help conceal better for me. The VMII design is great, it's just not exactly right for me.

Is there anything I can do to my VMII that will move the gun down and increase the cant a bit? Or do I need to move on to another type of holster?

If I should try another type, is there anything out there you could recommend that might fit the bill?
    Last edited by youngda9; August 24th, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I had this exact problem. The VM II is no doubt a great quality holster. However, no matter what position I tried, it printed badly. I think my love handles pushed it out a bit. I need a holster to sit lower. I have ended up with a RM Holsters Low Rider. I love it. It is very comfortable and conceals very well.
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiss View Post
    I think my love handles pushed it out a bit.
    I'm not saying that's my problem...but it might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiss View Post
    I have ended up with a RM Holsters Low Rider.
    I need leather.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar

K&D Holsters

Look at K&D Holsters. The Dakota Defender should work for you and have adjustability. The clips now have 5 holes for better versatility and cant adjustment.

K&D Holsters | Custom Gun Leather and Shooting Accessories
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

I wear my 229 just in front of my right hip. because of this, I need a design that has tight stitching infront of the barrel so that when I sit down, the leather doesn't pinch against my leg.

Because of this, the Dakota Defender just wouldn't work for me.

By the way, my new Milt Sparks VMII for a Sig 229R is for sale. It is black, horsehide, with 1.5" belt loops. $145 shipped, I just want to get the money back that I have invested in it.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Try HBE Leatherworks out. His COM III'' is modeled after the VMII but the design conceals both my SA .45 and BHB way better. Had a VMII for my .45 so I do believe it may work for you. Give Eric a shout and he may come up with a solution for you.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Give Tim A Call.

I know people on other forums who have had their IWBs made to their personal specs.

Give Tim a call at TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Quicker delivery, co$t le$$, top quality.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Yes, I think you should move on to another type of holster. Due to your requirements, I suggest a holster that has more flexibilty to adjusting the cant and height.

I have these, and I think it will meet your needs:

AKJ Concealco - You can adjust the cant by 1 level.

F.I.S.T #20 Adjustable IWB - This would be my pick for you. You can adjust both cant & height to meet your needs.

If you like a holster that will meet your needs plus give you tuckable capability, choose any one of these:

Crossbreed SuperTuck:

MTAC:

Tucker The Answer:

Tucker Cover-Up:

Tucker Silent Thunder:
    Last edited by TwinCarry; August 25th, 2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    Yes, I think you should move on to another type of holster. Due to your requirements, I suggest a holster that has more flexibilty to adjusting the cant and height.
    The AKJ Concealco looks exactly like my current holster(MacDaniell2) with the addition of the front strap. I'm going to see if I can just get one of these added to my holster to see if that will get me where I want.

I think the FIST #20 is about the one...might try that if nothing else works out.

great suggestions everyone. Keep em coming.

Have you considered the Smart Carry holster? It is almost impossible to detect and very comfortable. That is how I carry my Sig P226, Check out Gun holsters concealed by SmartCarry concealed holsters
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    As great (and popular!) as the VM2 is, no one holster design can work for everyone. The good news is they will sell in a heart beat if you don't like them. If yours hasn't sold yet, I'd suggest you try to sell it on eBay (for a 1911, they bring HUGE dollars!).

For something different, you might want to try the IWB Silent Thunder from Tucker (referenced and pictured above). It's leather lined Kydex. I have the OWB version and like it a lot. I have an IWB version coming (it shipped today I think). Should be a good alternative and is adjustable.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Links