Milt Sparks Heritage Limited

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks Heritage Limited within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm posting this thread to help out people looking for this holster. There's not a lot of information on it and I think it is ...

I'm posting this thread to help out people looking for this holster. There's not a lot of information on it and I think it is a stupendous holster from the fine people at Milt Sparks Holsters.

I've worn it for a few days and can say this is a really good holster. I've had a few holsters, none fit the bill like a VersaMax II. I think I have seven or eight VMIIs now for various pistol models, and don't want to try any others because they are that good. I figured I'd give the HR-LTD a try because of the waterproof membrane and the fact it is thinner than the VMII.

The membrane is good because it is really hot and humid down here in the summer time and I sweat like a a pig. I can't help it, I'm Italian. I wore it over the course of a few weekends when it was 90F+ and high humidity while moving into my new place on and also to mass on Sundays. The pistol was nice and dry in the middle of the day.

I liked the fact this holster's thinner than the VMII because it takes full advantage of the slender 1911 and it still has a reinforced mouth. Smooth side in is a nice touch, too, with a buttery-smooth draw and the leather seems to be less likely to absorb the oil out of your pistol's phosphatized finish.

I received the holster earlier this month and retention out of the box was perfect, no baggie trick, as has been my experience with previous Sparks holsters.

When I ordered, I did not know the front loop isn't detached from the front of the holster as is the wing on the VMII since the picture on Sparks' site obscure it. I didn't know how comfortable it would be. I had a holster for a different pistol from another maker which has a similar style loop attachment, and it is not comfortable while sitting or bending, no matter where I position it. The LTD is fantastic sitting, standing, running, bending.

I have no vested interest in Sparks, I just wanted to plug a great company who makes great gear and delivers when they say they will.

Pictures, as required. Mine is in cordovan, I also ordered an additional set of cordovan sharkskin loops, which it is wearing now, they make a nice contrast since there is no "trim" option as the front and back are solid pieces of leather. The mouth reinforcement band sewn onto the VMII is absent on the HR-LTD. The Limited also uses VMII loops, the picture on Sparks' site shows a prototype with prototype loops. Mr. Tony Kanaley made this particular holster.

I tried to get a detail of the internals of the holster, but my flash didn't work, this was the best I could do.

Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member
    Nice review and holster. I have 2 VMll on order now, I might switch one now.

You might want to check Sparks' site for their order change policy.
    Vis consili expers mole ruit sua.
    -Horace

Distinguished Member
    I just pulled out my order acknowledgement letter. It said,
    (Any order changes made by you must be in writing and mailed or faxed in. We cannot change your order once it has been put into production and that can happen as soon as two weeks from the time of your order.)
    It might be to late, I better quit looking at holster threads.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I have on for my Colt Commander and it is a solid design. That said it is much heavier than my Wild Bill No Such Agency that I carry my P2K in. I've decided to go with the Sparks Summer Comfort as the next holster. It should be a happy medium between the two.

Links