How come

This is a discussion on How come within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Eric Larsen .... I do have a warranty claim thats just like you guys say. If it aint right, Ill make it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen
    .... I do have a warranty claim thats just like you guys say. If it aint right, Ill make it so!

Just another reason I choose to give my business to folks like you. I've gotten consistently better service with one man operations (or very small shops) than with the bigger, "corporate-style" outfits. Sure it takes a bit longer to get my order but I know it was made specifically for ME and that increases my pride in ownership. Guess I view fine leather as "practical art."

So far my collection involves:
    - Kramer IWB (the Summer Special style, sold off)
    - Milt Sparks Watch Six (SA Champion)
    - Alessi Hard Shell Talon (my current J-frame EDC)
    - Larsen's COM3 Tuckable (Full carry rig for J-frame ... currently on order)

- Next will be Gary Brommeland's work, then Matt DelFatti's, then Tucker or K&D ....

So far I've never been disappointed and I honestly don't expect to be.
    Jack

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor

Warranties and such

Although I am not as far into the holstermaking business as some folks,
    I currently offer a two-week-try-it-free gaurantee AND a one year waranty.

However I am strongly considering posting a disclaimer myself such as that any buyer of my products assumes risk for injury/death due to improper use.

I enjoy making the products I sell and so far lots of people enjoy using them, but it would just take ONE idiot and ONE attorney to smelll blood and not only would I be out of business but possibly out of house and home as well

Its the times we live in, nothing is ever anyone's fault. Everything bad that happens to someone else is the direct result of somebody causing it to someone else.

Anyway, there are some really great guys and gals out there in the gun business in one way or another, we just have to keep that one idot and one attorney in mind or we risk everything.

Thanks for listening

Mark
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

The real problem is when people modify products and then sue the manufacturer.Look at what happened to Piper Aircraft. Some dummy pulled out all the seats, put the instrument panel in the rear so he could do photography. Well the airplane was unstable, didn't meet the FAA's airworthy requirements.
    So what did this Darwin Wanttobe do, when he crashed the plane he sued Piper for making a defective product. HE WON.
    These lawsuits have become the new Great American Dream. Do something stupid, sue everybody and hope for a stupid jury. :chairshot
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Ill give you another example "An older couple bought a mobile home, an expensive one.....they put it on cruise control and both went back to make a sandwich...when the vehicle crashed, injuring both of them. They sued the company for not explicitely explaining "not to do this".
    They won......................ALOT of money.

Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa Nick
    My favorite disclaimer of all, came on the electrical cord of my iron, it reads: "Don't iron clothes while wearing"

You know why its been put there too....
    I like the "Do Not Eat" warning on the little bags of dessicant powder in camera or optics cases.

Ill give you another example "An older couple bought a mobile home, an expensive one.....they put it on cruise control and both went back to make a sandwich...when the vehicle crashed, injuring both of them. They sued the company for not explicitely explaining "not to do this".
    They won......................ALOT of money.

Shoot well.
    Urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/autos/techno/cruise.asp Valid point, but still, urban legend.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Urban legend or not.....its just a point to be made. McD's and coffee, people sueing gun companies directly for shootings, etc.

In Utah there are 10 different ambulance chasing attornies that advertise on TV in the evening......

"Did someone cut you off in traffic, did a co-worker stare at you "like that" at work, has anyone sneezed on you or passed gas in an elevator next to you and not apologized???? Well, you just might have a case! Call us to find out!":chairshot

That was my only point...............

Shoot well
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; December 8th, 2005 at 09:55 AM.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Urban legend or not.....its just a point to be made. McD's and coffee, people sueing gun companies directly for shootings, etc.
    Eric,
    I studied the McD case in my business law class. Yes it was overkill, but what's not mentioned is that several other people has also been hurt by the extremely hot coffee. Also, the store was warned several times to turn the temp down, but refused. This is what caused the problem. If the store had done something there wouldn't have been a problem.
    I equate the McD Coffee with the Bridgestone/.Ford "we have no problem" situtation of a few years ago.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    That legal mumbo jumbo is the same crap you find on a 7-Up bottle that tells you that the contents are under pressure, that your coffee is hot, and not to use the hair dryer in the shower. Have you seen the new Jeep commercial where they drive the truck under water and watch the fishies? There is a disclaimer on that saying the vehicle is not designed for underwater use! REALLY!!! That was the whole reason I was going to buy it.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links