How come

How come

This is a discussion on How come within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Almost every holster site I find that has a appealing holster has some sort of fine print that ruines the whole thing? I was looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar

How come

Almost every holster site I find that has a appealing holster has some sort of fine print that ruines the whole thing?
    I was looking at this holster
    http://www.haugenhandgunleather.com/...UCT_ID=Model01
    and found this on his site

Should your holster become worn, loose, defective, or ill-fitting at any time, cease use immediately. Haugen Handgun Leather accepts no responsibility or liability for accident or death due to their product. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the product is with the buyer. Should the product proved defective following its purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer or retailer assumes the entire risk for any personal injury or death claims. Because leather is a natural product, Haugen Handgun Leather makes no warranties either written or expressed on their products and the entire risk of all necessary servicing or repair is the responsibility of the consumer.

Now is this a common thing? Do our holster makers here do business in such a way or do they care if the holster falls apart after 4 months of use? (I alrerady know the answer, just in a hurry to get a holster, and everyone on here has a wait of 8 weeks or more)

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    that is a " boilerplate" liability disclamer that the holster makers have been basicly forced into by idiots abusing / modifying holsters and injuring themselves any reputable holster maker will stand behind the product as long as it is properly cared for by the end user

Assistant Administrator
    Bruce - these days in our <bletch> litigious society - it seems almost anyone can sue anyone else - if they have a mind to. Thus disclaimers such as we see are all but mandatory for butt coverage!!

I wonder yet if we will see on a pack of envelopes (licky type) a small print-disclaimer - ''Careless licking can cause paper cuts to lips - we cannot accept liability for blood loss due to consumer's useage of our product''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Many companies are going to that kind of language, as RR said. It's an attempt at a liability disclaimer. For example, Ed Brown has no written warranty on his 1911s, and he says that he basically can't and comply with all the laws... but he says that he cares for his customers. Ed builds great guns and will take care of problems, but he can't say that in writing.
    I have no doubt that if I had a problem with a holster from Tony, Gary, Lou, etc... the problem would be resolved regardless of the lack of a written warranty.

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    that is a " boilerplate" liability disclamer that the holster makers have been basicly forced into by idiots abusing / modifying holsters and injuring themselves any reputable holster maker will stand behind the product as long as it is properly cared for by the end user
    I figured as much, I am just starting to get a little anxious to carry this darn thing.

Senior Moderator
    It is for the same reason that Kimber has to tell you not to carry a pistol with a round in the chamber - to keep the lawyers at bay.

Matt

Easy solution; get a holster from Gary Brommelund. He warrants his products for your lifetime, hard to beat that deal.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    << is awaiting Ruger to re do the dummy scroll on thier firearms to say something to the effect <--------- bullet comes out this end ( for the rapper wannabes that cant find or afford a pen gun )LOL

Roadrunner,

+1...'nuff said.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Gosh it rubs me the wrong way when suits and ties affect my everyday life.
    <Yep that's really me rounding up a herd

I am sure that his holsters are first rate, and the disclaimer is for legal reasons. However, since it is there, I would not buy a holster from him. I want the maker to warrant it such as so many others do including Gary and Kevin. If it ain't satisfactory send it back. Gosh, even Walmart and Kmart have such a warranty.

Jerry

I would have to agree with a couple of you. The lawyers will sue anyone for any reason. But a manufacturer needs to stand behind his product.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well, very interesting thread. I have yet to post the "warning you cant sue me" on my website, but I do have a warranty claim thats just like you guys say. If it aint right, Ill make it so!
    Now where is that web guy at..............
    Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

My favorite disclaimer of all, came on the electrical cord of my iron, it reads: "Don't iron clothes while wearing"

You know why its been put there too....

Most people are afraid of getting sued so that is why with the way things are now i understand it but dont like it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links