MIKA pocket holsters ?

MIKA pocket holsters ?

This is a discussion on MIKA pocket holsters ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for feedback on these holsters..... I was going to go with a Desantis but I saw some posts on these on another forum. Anyone ...

Thread: MIKA pocket holsters ?

Question MIKA pocket holsters ?

Looking for feedback on these holsters..... I was going to go with a Desantis but I saw some posts on these on another forum.

Anyone who has one of these, do you have the round cut, or square cut ? Im not sure which would work better in jean pockets.

I have a Mika round cut, for my S&W 642. It fits very nicely in my Lee jeans, front pocket. Works as expected. Could not be happier with it. Great holster.

Mika Holster

I was told that the Mika round cut was better for jeans. I've used one now for about two years and have no complaints. It works just fine.

I have the square cut for a Kahr PM9. I use mine for cargo shorts. I works very well and hides the outline very good.

Check out a very recent review of one here.

-JT

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Check out a very recent review of one here.

-JT
    That wasnt a pocket holster...

But that thread will tell you about Mika's quality and other things. To recap, they are not very impressive looking, but they are simple, rugged and very functional. I'd buy one without worry.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Here's my recent response on another forum. Notice below, my no. one pick for best "BACK" pocket holster.

Hope this helps:

"I want a pocket holster for sure, and so far I like the K&D 2-in-1 holster.
    Anyone know anything about these guys? Any other ideas on a good pocket holster are welcomed."

Based on my experiences with pocket holsters (I've tried many), I would go with either Kramer or Mika. After experimenting on numerous pocket holsters these are my top 2 picks. Both stays in your pocket when withdrawing your pistol. If I had to pick between the 2 it would be the Kramer. I have also tried the K&D 2-in-1 holster, unfortunately the only thing I didn't like about it is that it requires 2 hands to withdraw. Your weak hand to hold it down, while you withdraw the pistol with your strong hand. If you look at my K&D holster, you'll notice no extra leather on either side to keep it from coming out with your pistol/revolver. While the Kramer has the extra leather tang on the top side (where hammer is located) and the Mika has the 2 inch rough material wrapped around the holster that also keeps it in your pocket while withdrawing.

K&D 2-in-1 holster:

My number 3 pick is a pocket holster I use for my weak side.
    Bulman FFP (Front Pocket Pal):

Here are some of the others I've tried:

Pocketholsters - My no. one pick for "Back Pocket" holster.

Uncle Mikes Pocket - Gun does not sit well enough in holster.

RKBA - Doesn't always catch on the corner pocket to keep from pulling out with gun. Also a little too thick. Still a good holster if you practice enough with it.

Alessi Ruff Rig & H.B.E- Also great but my issue is the location on the leather tang is on the opposite side (bottom). You want to keep it consistent when applying force keep the holster in pocket when withdrawing. HBE - Great only for cargo pants.

Galco Front Pocket - Way to big for my pockets. Good for front jacket pockets or cargo size pockets.

Desantis Nemesis - This is an exceptable holster. Price is right and stays in your pocket (most of the time). I just prefer leather.

Aker Sharkskin Pocket - Great holster, except for the location of the leather tang. I prefer it on top of the hammer, just like my Kramer holster.

Mika & Kramer Pocket Holsters - My top 2 pocket holsters!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

+ 1 on the Mika. At the LOW price of these, get yourself a round and a square cut bottom, then you have all the bases covered for either style pocket. I did. They work great. As said above, nothing fancy to look at, BUT they work, which is all that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    I have a Mika round cut, for my S&W 642. It fits very nicely in my Lee jeans, front pocket. Works as expected. Could not be happier with it. Great holster.
    Exactly what he said except S&W 442

While a good buy I find them a little too bulky.

Best,
    Jerry

Sponsored Links