Pocketholsters.com Anyone??? - Page 2

Pocketholsters.com Anyone???

This is a discussion on Pocketholsters.com Anyone??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I just question the smarts of carrying in your back pocket. Could you provide your reasoning behind this statement? I'm not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocketholsters.com Anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I just question the smarts of carrying in your back pocket.
    Could you provide your reasoning behind this statement? I'm not trying to argue, I am asking out of genuine curiosity.
    Granted, I can't leagally carry yet (I am still waiting for my CCW to come back) but I have been practicing different carry options around the house and I have pretty much settled on carrying my LCP in my back pocket.
    My reasoning...I can draw much easier from my back pocket than my front pocket. I also have no reason to carry anything else in my back pocket other than my wallet which I just recently switched over to my weak side. My front pockets are inevitably littered with misc. junk by the end of the day.
    However the most compelling reason that I have heard came from another CC'er. I feel it's pretty logical although I'm sure someone could make a valid counter arguement. If you are ever confronted by a BG in a robbery-type scenario, more than likely he is going to ask for your wallet. He is effectively giving you permission to put your hand in your back pocket. Even if he doesn't directly ask, you can pretend to offer your wallet in a state of fear. This could give you the opportunity to reach in you back pocket without raising an immediate red flag.

Logical thinking or wishfull thinking. Open to opinions.

-WG

Administrator
    Potential back problems, pick pockets and I never want my hands in a negative (behind my back) in a self defense situation. Also think about the draw stroke of a back pocket draw... leaves you wide open for a disarm.

As for your robbery situation, all I have to say about that is action is faster than reaction.

I dont want to hijack, perhaps a new thread should be started.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I ordered a back pocket holster for my Kahr PM9. The holster arrived in about 4 weeks and was very well made for the money. In fact, the holster functioned a whole lot better than the Kahr PM9 did.

But that's another thread!

I've had one for my 642 for a couple of years. Once you get used to it, it's very comfortable. I have carried in back pocket, but like the front pocket best. Very fast draw for pocket holster. Always stays in pocket. Also gun will not fall out of holster when laying down like the Uncle Mikes and other now leather holsters. It's my always holster and gun combo.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Potential back problems, pick pockets and I never want my hands in a negative (behind my back) in a self defense situation. Also think about the draw stroke of a back pocket draw... leaves you wide open for a disarm.

As for your robbery situation, all I have to say about that is action is faster than reaction.

I dont want to hijack, perhaps a new thread should be started.
    I carry my Seecamp almost exclusively back-pocket. Actually carries and balances much more comfortably than in the front in light-weight pants/shorts (which is all I ever wear down here). Prints like a wallet, is as well hidden as any deep concealment option and a heck of a lot more accessible. Draw is completely natural and covert in a "gimme your wallet" type scenario.

Every carry technique is a compromise in some way, but for a tiny mousegun/BUG, this works well for me.....
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

My new Pocket Holster arrived yesterday. It's very well made in both materials and shaping. It lends itself well to staying put in the rear pocket with it's "flap" style of leather backing. I am curious as to why it does not have the trigger guard cut out so the finger is on the trigger from the time of first contact of the draw? I'll be asking the company about that one before I do any modifications rather than mess up a good holster.
    Still looking for an ankle rig...
    Gos

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    IMO, nothing better in the pocket than a Kramer.
    Yep, got to agree with you!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by Gos View Post

I am curious as to why it does not have the trigger guard cut out so the finger is on the trigger from the time of first contact of the draw? I'll be asking the company about that one before I do any modifications rather than mess up a good holster.

Gos

Safety issue. As a general rule, your finger should never engage the trigger in any way until your draw is complete and your target is confirmed and acquired and you're ready to fire.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links