Pocketholsters.com Anyone???

This is a discussion on Pocketholsters.com Anyone??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone had experience with Pocketholsters.com? They look pretty good over the internet, but I'd like to have some feedback before ordering. Thanks in advance. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pocketholsters.com Anyone???

Pocketholsters.com Anyone???

Has anyone had experience with Pocketholsters.com? They look pretty good over the internet, but I'd like to have some feedback before ordering.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gos

http://www.pocketholsters.com/
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; August 25th, 2008 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Added link.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry I can't help on your request.

My advice would be to get an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

About $15 at any gun shop.

Most people who have tried them all swear by this rig.

It has a sticky band on the outside so that the holster will not come out along with the firearm.

...Skye...

I have one and it is just fine, but try Home. It took a while to get it, but it is a work of art. I have a "Reno" with sharkskin trim and it is beautiful and very functional.

I have one for my LCP. It is well made, and the turnaround was about 2 weeks IIRC.

-q2parrot

Here's my recent response on another forum. Notice below, my no. one pick for best "BACK" pocket holster.

Hope this helps:

"I want a pocket holster for sure, and so far I like the K&D 2-in-1 holster.
    Anyone know anything about these guys? Any other ideas on a good pocket holster are welcomed."

Based on my experiences with pocket holsters (I've tried many), I would go with either Kramer or Mika. After experimenting on numerous pocket holsters these are my top 2 picks. Both stays in your pocket when withdrawing your pistol. If I had to pick between the 2 it would be the Kramer. I have also tried the K&D 2-in-1 holster, unfortunately the only thing I didn't like about it is that it requires 2 hands to withdraw. Your weak hand to hold it down, while you withdraw the pistol with your strong hand. If you look at my K&D holster, you'll notice no extra leather on either side to keep it from coming out with your pistol/revolver. While the Kramer has the extra leather tang on the top side (where hammer is located) and the Mika has the 2 inch rough material wrapped around the holster that also keeps it in your pocket while withdrawing.

K&D 2-in-1 holster:

My number 3 pick is a pocket holster I use for my weak side.
    Bulman FFP (Front Pocket Pal):

Here are some of the others I've tried:

Pocketholsters - My no. one pick for "Back Pocket" holster.

Uncle Mikes Pocket - Gun does not sit well enough in holster.

RKBA - Doesn't always catch on the corner pocket to keep from pulling out with gun. Also a little too thick. Still a good holster if you practice enough with it.

Alessi Ruff Rig & H.B.E- Also great but my issue is the location on the leather tang is on the opposite side (bottom). You want to keep it consistent when applying force keep the holster in pocket when withdrawing. HBE - Great only for cargo pants.

Galco Front Pocket - Way to big for my pockets. Good for front jacket pockets or cargo size pockets.

Desantis Nemesis - This is an exceptable holster. Price is right and stays in your pocket (most of the time). I just prefer leather.

Aker Sharkskin Pocket - Great holster, except for the location of the leather tang. I prefer it on top of the hammer, just like my Kramer holster.

Mika & Kramer Pocket Holsters - My top 2 pocket holsters!
    Last edited by TwinCarry; August 25th, 2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

I have one for my Seecamp.

Perfectly functional.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    It's hard to beat the Mika for function and value....those other rigs look real nice but I have found molded leather to be less comfortable in the pocket..and re: the K&D, why on earth would you need a re-enforced collar on a pocket holster?

I am not sure what type of firearm you are planning on carrying or which pocket you are going to carry in. The only pocket holster experience I have with with a K&D 2-in-1 plus for my kel-tec P32. I carry it in my right back pocket. I order the holster with the spare magazine carrier and the gripper option. The holster fits my kel-tec perfectly. It has never come out on the draw stroke. It takes a little effort to get the holster out of my pocket in the evening. In hind-sight I would not have ordered the spare magazine option. It made the holster a little taller and with the spare magazine in the holster I can only wrap one finger around the gun during the initial part of the draw. Currently I carry the holster with the magazine slot empty and the spare mag in my front pocket. For a small auto I would recommend a standard K&D holster without the spare mag carrier or detachable anti-print panel. I'm not sure if the gripper option helps the holster stay in the pocket or if the round side out leather on the anti-print panel keeps it it. I hope this helps.

+1 on Mika, have several for my revolvers. Had a KD 2 in 1, the snap on anti print panel would often snap off. Returned it for repair, but it still did it, so I sold it. I also like the K Rat by Palehorse for my Keltecs, but I see he is behind on his orders, so you might have a wait involved. Those on the website you reference look decent.
    Last edited by sass20485; August 25th, 2008 at 07:33 PM.

IMO, nothing better in the pocket than a Kramer.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

These are great

I got one in the mail about a month ago for my MK9, You can't go wrong with them. The customer service is great too!

Enjoy your new holster,
    Searn

Excellent Responce Guys.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Gos

+1 on pocketholsters.com

I am sitting on mine as I type this. Great fit for my LCP and it really looks like a wallet in your pocket. Hinged back panel allows for smooth draw and no doubt that the holster is staying put in front or back pocket. Have a nemisis and uncle mike sitting in the drawer of holsters, but always use the .com

I have used one for my Seecamp for about 8 months. Works like it is supposed to. Not precision boning, but what would you expect for the price?

A great value for the money, good company to work with, and less than a week from order.

I would purchase from them without hesitation!

David

Administrator
    They look nice and seem to be a reputable company... I just question the smarts of carrying in your back pocket.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links