Any of you holstermakers make an IWB with 25 degrees of cant?

Any of you holstermakers make an IWB with 25 degrees of cant?

This is a discussion on Any of you holstermakers make an IWB with 25 degrees of cant? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wondering.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you holstermakers make an IWB with 25 degrees of cant?

Question Any of you holstermakers make an IWB with 25 degrees of cant?

Just wondering......

The Max-Con V is raked at about 24-27 degrees. It is intended to be worn at about the 4:30 position. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions, or if there is any other way for me to be of service to you. Thanks!

Is the rake the same for the DefCon as well?

Hi,

Nope. The Def-Con is raked at 17-18 degrees - the same as the Max-Con III. I can, however, make one for you with the same rake angle as a Max-Con V. That's the beauty of dealing with a small custom shop .

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    "I can, however, make one for you with the same rake angle as a Max-Con V. That's the beauty of dealing with a small custom shop"

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :chairshot

Shoot well
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Same as Eric, I will make any of my holsters (or any holster of your design) at any angle you specify. And for those that can't decide or prefer the abilty to change, my Changeling IWB is adjustable from 25 degree forward rake to 25 degree rear rake and any angle in between.

True custom work from the best guys in the business - hard to beat service like that. Man, I LOVE THIS PLACE!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    The Max-Con V is raked at about 24-27 degrees. It is intended to be worn at about the 4:30 position. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions, or if there is any other way for me to be of service to you. Thanks!
    Gary,
    The reason I ask is most of my IWBs don't have enough rake for my body shape and the gun butt tends to print. Although I have not used a protractor to measure the rake, I would have guessed the Galco Concealable OWB hoslter was about 25 degrees and most IWBs are made with around 15 degrees rake.

Sorry to bring such an old post back up but I have a question for Gary or anyone who knows. When Gary said "designed to be worn at 4:30", what is he refering to? I mean 4:30 is a broad thing with a holster like the Max Con V. Does that mean the trigger, the barrel, the butt, or just the overall whole should sit at 4:30? That would mean it would sit from about 3:30 to 5 or so. Thanks for any replies.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jtmo3 View Post
    Sorry to bring such an old post back up but I have a question for Gary or anyone who knows. When Gary said "designed to be worn at 4:30", what is he refering to? I mean 4:30 is a broad thing with a holster like the Max Con V. Does that mean the trigger, the barrel, the butt, or just the overall whole? That would mean it would sit from about 3:30 to 5 or so. Thanks for any replies.

John
    Basically the MC-V was designed to wear behind the right hip roughly at the 4:30 position if right handed. Each individual person needs to find his sweet spot with any holster as to where he will ultimately postition it. This could be 4:00, 4:15, 4:30 or whatever, it's pretty much a general idea.

Oddly enough I wear my Max-Con's at 3:00 plus or minus. This works best for me because I didn't like driving with it or any holster at the 4:30 position. If the seats curve around then it is even worse for me. Also, I like it positioned were I train from, makes things natural and automatic.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Good question.

If the gun is vertical (No cant), it's pretty much center of trigger. Actually, I THINK it's center of trigger for canted, too. The more cant, the wider the area the holster is taking (Of coure), so you could have one sitting at 4:00-6:00.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Good question.

If the gun is vertical (No cant), it's pretty much center of trigger. Actually, I THINK it's center of trigger for canted, too. The more cant, the wider the area the holster is taking (Of coure), so you could have one sitting at 4:00-6:00.
    That's correct but the top of the slide would sit (ususally) at the 4:30 position if wearing it that way. The position one rides at is what is above the waist band IMO.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Whats the rake of the VM2 ? I think I ordered one from Mark Garrity with 20 deg cant for wearing about 4:30 with a Sig 229 - hoping it works well.

Maverick Defender - This holster provides an open top, slide onto the belt, style. The belt attachment allows adjustment of the cant of the holster. It provides a compact, closely trimmed style; with an additional layer of leather around the throat of the holster open for easy reholstering. It can be worn either IWB or outside the waistband (between the waistband of your pants and your belt). It is available for small, medium, and full size autos.

www.kdholsters.com

I just received mine last week and its great! Very comfortable and you can change the cant very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by ozshadow View Post
    Whats the rake of the VM2 ? I think I ordered one from Mark Garrity with 20 deg cant for wearing about 4:30 with a Sig 229 - hoping it works well.

The VMII is a Milt Sparks holster, not Garrity. Mark designed the InCognito that employs similar offset loops but there are differences in everyone's designs.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links