VMII........How to make it ride lower

This is a discussion on VMII........How to make it ride lower within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so I waited my 5+ months to get my VMII for my Glock 30SF. First off love the holster it is very well mad ...

Thread: VMII........How to make it ride lower

VMII........How to make it ride lower

Ok so I waited my 5+ months to get my VMII for my Glock 30SF. First off love the holster it is very well mad and nice to boot.

The only problem with it(for me at least)was it rode too high and printed too much for my liking. I was using a Mtac while I waited for this one to get here. The Mtac is also a good holster and I will be keeping it and still recommend it. Anyway back to my problem and the fix! I call MS to see if they could help. While they were very nice about it and even offered a refund they couldn't help with this problem. So here is what I did......

Took the kydex clips from the Mtac and cut all the holes off. Then drilled new holes as shown. Drilled holes on top of clips to allow tool to tighten screws. It worked out very well. While it doesn't look quite as nice as it did with the leather straps it still looks good. And most important it works! Just thought I would share this in case someone else is having this problem. I am going to order some more clips from Comtac to get my Mtac back in the game.
    Attached Images
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, it sure looks like it will work for you! Maybe you should offer some pictures to the Sparks people... you never know, they might offer replacement clips in the future!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Now that you mention it. Today I received my conversion kit from FIST for their
    #2 Holster which comes as a OWB but can be converted to IWB using the kit. All you do is switch loops. After doing so, I noticed that the holster rode far above the belt line with just the muzzle in the waist band. I wanted a much lower ride and after rummaging through the extra parts that came with the kit, I found two drilled pieces of Kydex not mentioned in the instuctions. By attaching the loops at one end of the kydex pieces and the other end to the holster, I was able to raise the loops and lower the holster. The holster now rides much lower and is better concealed. The only modification required, was drilling an additional hole in one kydex piece so it would line up with the hole in the holster.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

If I had the same problem, I probably wouldn't do that to my Versa Max II but DANG!, that's pretty darn creative.

I'm glad it worked for! And like what Thumper said, who knows? This could be Milt Spark's future Versa Max III...
    Last edited by TwinCarry; August 27th, 2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Good for you for thinking outside the box. Replacement clips from Comptac are a quick thing, you should get those within a few days of order and another roll of smarties too.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

First off, congrats on a good working mod! Second, you are a brave man to mess with a +$100 holster. I don't know many that would attempt such a thing with a VMII.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by ev239 View Post
    First off, congrats on a good working mod! Second, you are a brave man to mess with a +$100 holster. I don't know many that would attempt such a thing with a VMII.
    Really no risk other then a sacrifice to my Mtac clips. The VMII has removable screw to install the leather straps or their kydex clips(which do nothing for the ride height). So worse case scenario I was out about 15 bucks as I can put it back to stock in 5 mins.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Great mod...Yeah ya never really touched the holster and modified it in no way. Straps and clips are almost meant to be changed and it's probably the only "wear item" on a holster. Thats whay they are screwed on not rivetted or stitched.
    Cheap and esily replaced or changed.
    I may hafta investigate that cuz I like my current set-up...no problems or complaints but if I were to change the set-up for a lil lower ride maybe I'd like that even more!!
    & I would surely recommend send some pics of your mod to the VMII people. Could be a very easy thing for them to offer as an accessory.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Great Modification! That was also the problem with my VMII. The holster was incredible quality, it just rode to high for me. I would definitely try this if I still had it!
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

dang

And I just put my VMII on Ebay because it rode too high with my Sig229R...sory of wish I had tried something like that now.

It was a very comftorable holster. It also didn't press the butt of the gun into my body like my current holster does...it conceales way better than te VMII for me.

Cool mod, glad it worked for you.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Links